June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn I love the camaraderie of this group already! I will definitely be absorbing all of the good info I can!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I'm the elite. Enduring Lots of Idiotic Training Everymorning!

Aw *kitten* that means I might be elite too...... but only in that way..... I'm a proud member of the sloth running club

ha ha I thought @stoshew71 was referring to work ha ha!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Aw *kitten* that means I might be elite too...... but only in that way..... I'm a proud member of the sloth running club

Most likely, I have that problem too most weeks.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Yeah, we do have lots of idiotic training here. :lol:

If I have to play that stupid "Who wants to save a million" video, one more time...
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    silkennash wrote: »
    My running goal is 160 miles for them month of June! Training for my first marathon in September!

I wish you gl

@MNLittleFinn I am sure you will do great at your first marathon

Also despite the fact I will be away for a business trip for 2 weeks, I am in for 161 km this month.

Cheers!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @elise4270 I believe you need to ask @RunTimer where he got that Patch from.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @elise4270 I believe you need to ask @RunTimer where he got that Patch from.

Thanks. Google found it for me.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed this MFP Blog. Especially #9 DECIDE IF YOU’RE TRAINING OR JUST EXERCISING.

Training = A Goal Driven plan - BQ, 1st 5k, new PB etc.

" exercising when you should be training or training when all you really need is to exercise can make you miserable and render your workouts ineffective and meandering. So make a decision so you can achieve your goals."

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/10-rules-successful-exercise/
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    June off to a start -
    01/06 - 3.2mile Interval, followed with Shoulders & Core

exercise.png
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @Sliedur - W2D1 of C25K? Wow, you found us early in your running career! Don't be intimidated by those us who run a lot more than you do. I may be running 6 days for 50+ mile weeks now, but I started out about 3 weeks behind where you are right now. Marathon runners are made, not born.

Thanks! I'm doing my best not to be intimidated, and I'm already learning good stuff. Like... don't run multiple days in a row, yet. Of course I already did that, but now I am giving myself a break in between, 'cause at my age, injury is very not good and long lasting. :neutral: Thanks again for the encouragement.
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    June goal: 60 miles
    June 1: 3.69 miles
    June total: 3.69 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    6/1- REST

Goal for June. Finish Marathon training well, taper well and run Grandma's well
    Nominal mileage goal: 100

Today's notes: Rest day on the schedule and I'm totally honoring it. Yesterday's workout was a killer, and it was followed by a day of chasing around my amazing toddler, which added 4 miles of stroller pushing and who knows how many miles of walking around with my little man. Slept in until 0530 today, and already looking forward to nap time!

Have a runderful day all!

2017 Races
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon (Full!)
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon (full)
    10/21 Wild Duluth 50k
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey Trot
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    6.4 mi Run
    Duration: 1:01:13
    Pace: 9.6 min/mi
    http://www.mapmyfitness.com/workout/2231743487
    Some ankle discomfort but definite improvement from Monday's run. Thinking of keeping Saturday's long run to under 13.