June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    6/1 5miles 46:33min

I was struggling with whether to run or not given my hip pain... I ended up going. I feel like a cripple hobbling the first few minutes, but after about a mile I can ignore the pain and pick up the pace. I'm not sure my new sneakers are helping, but maybe I need to give it a few more runs.

On a more positive note, the clinic doctor put in a referral for physical therapy for a civilian dr. (Are PTs doctors?). So yeah for that! I should be able to get an appointment much sooner than going to the one on base. Hopefully the PT can sort out this pain and I can go back to running pain free again!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. Just started back running in Dec after a brief 30 year hiatus. I have been running 3.5 miles three times a week after completing C25K, so I guess a reasonable goal for me is 50 miles for June. I just have to make it through the already unbearable NC heat and humidity.
    I hope you don't have any brief questions to ask! Seriously though, welcome to the group. :smile:
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 KM this month, let's do this!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow runners!

6/1: 8.7k -w/u, Tempo Run, c/d-

Aim: 8.7k/161k

A long way to go. Awesome!!

Stay free of injuries, I mean it!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A great start to the month where I ran and lifted heavy on the same day and still haven't been floored.

June Running Challenge

Goal: 100 km (4 time/week)
    Ran: 6.6/100 km

1/6/17 Run 6.6 km+ walk 5 km + Weightlifting
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @respectthekitty woohoo you are so ready! I looked at the shirt and thought the same thing about the long sleeves. On our local running FB page a race director asked what people wanted 99% said singlets in place of a tee or long sleeve tech shirt.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Day one of the month and off to a good start:

June Goal: 50mi

1 - 8.6mi
    7 - ?? GLOBAL RUNNING DAY

https://globalrunningday.org
    Pledge to run , just for the heck of it..
    dy5fc1befu8l.jpg
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @MNlittleFinn yeah! Until you are not on a rest day tomorrow ha ha thanks! Felt good this morning.

In the May thread wasn't someone talking about the Grandma's marathon on the June 17th? I was just reading this article at Kara Goucher will be there running the HM, but will be a featured speaker that weekend.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/running/4275821-goucher-commits-garry-bjorklund-half-marathon

@whatmerunning sorry about the calve.

@stoshew71 I saw you guys were hilling it today, great work.

Thanks. We actually had a brief Josh spotting on the hill this morning too. lazy bum only did one repeat.... ..errrr nopeat? ;-)

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new victums athlete's.
    Just Joking. To all the new comers this is a great group with all ages and abilities.
    From High Mileage Road Warriors to Low Mileage Plodders, Middle of the Pack Racers, Elites, Trail Hounds, Treadmill Thrashers, Track Circlers and Winter Warriors. Race Masters to Race Haters.
    Some enter events just for the excuse to travel, collect a Race Bib, Finisher Medal and a Unique Shirt.
    Others enter events for the additional Training Motivation from a hard date on a calendar.
    Then there's some Lady in Australia who runs multiple HM distances in training just for the fun of it. ( she now has more HM distance fun run's than I have HM's ).
    Mothers who are amazing and have amazing talented daughters. etc, etc.

We all fit into this group. No question is out of Bounds or Foolish.

Wisdom comes from Experience, Experience comes from making mistakes and self discovery.

As any athlete knows you will have good days/weeks and bad ones so - "Embrace The Suck"
    Have Fun and Run - just a little further than last month/year.

In for 153.2 miles in June from a Treadmill Hater. :s
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @stoshew71 when Josh runs by it's usually only a siting and brief ha ha
    @runtimer thanks for the link, we are running a 5K that night with Fleet Feet. They are getting all their stores to have a run, like 75 stores.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1/6 - 3.6

Total - 3.6/90
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning maybe I'll add that to my lineup for next year and relive that nightmare..i mean quality bonding time with my aunt. She used to live right by the plaza, now she lives in Lee's Summit. I was going to do the Stars and Stripes 5k in Lee's Summit to visit her, but decided to do the one in Wichita instead
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 6.0 Temp 84F Humidity 52%

Total 6/100
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    6/1 = Gym day; 3 miles on the treadmill and 40 minutes of strength training
    6/2 =
    6/3 =

What is it about running on the treadmill that makes my knees hurt? They don't bother me running on trails or the road. You would think that it would be the opposite...

(June miles to date) 3/150 (June goal miles)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Rest day/closing in on taper madness for the day: checking the weather and realizing that in 2 days, I'll start seeing race day on the long range forecast on weather.com..... Accuweather has had it for a while, and NOAA won't have it for another few days, I think they only go out 10 days.... LOL