June 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    6/1 - 6 miles

6 of 70 miles

exercise.png

@stoshew71 we have the idiot training here too.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    6/1 - 6 miles

6 of 70 miles

exercise.png

@stoshew71 we have the idiot training here too.

You're ahead of me! Great way to start the month. Nice run.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Well, looks like I'm calling it for an.unscheduled rest day today. My lower left calf is feeling a bit tight. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. While part of me is losing my mind over two consecutive down days over something that can probably just stretch out with a 4 mile easy run, another part of me is looking towards Saturday's long run, which happens to be the Hospital Hill Half Marathon. I'd rather not put myself in a position where I am mad at myself if this thing acts up on Saturday because I felt compelled to run a couple easy miles. I would rather find myself in a position of being mad at myself for finishing on Saturday without feeling that calf at all and wondering if I could have done the easy run. Worst case scenario, it acts up anyway on Saturday, but at least I tried to rest it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    @WhatMeRunning wise plan. Since your LR is actually a race, 2 rest days in a row sounds good to me.
  • WhatMeRunning
    @WhatMeRunning wise plan. Since your LR is actually a race, 2 rest days in a row sounds good to me.
    Nope. Not a race. I am running it as I would a long run. My higher end cardio is not up to par to race a HM. Actually, maybe not even a 5k. I felt the calf on mile 8 of yesterday's run though, so I figure without rest I have a good chance of feeling it by mile 13 Saturday. I thinks it's more DOMS than anything bad. But could become bad. At least my paranoia says so.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    @WhatMeRunning My aunt signed me up for the Hospital Hill 5k when I was like 10 and didn't tell me what we were doing. I was just on vacation visiting her. I thought I was going to die the entire time, but I enjoyed the free pair of tiny running shorts I got for finishing haha. Good luck with it! Maybe I'll do it next year!
  • WhatMeRunning
    @hesfeld - It is a brutal event for the area! :lol: I "raced" the 5k last year, my first time doing their 5k. I did not set my desired record time (the hills!!) and it kicked my butt!! This will be my 3rd year running the HM. It is my favorite HM in the area, I hope to never miss one. Per Strava the course has over 1200 feet of elevation gain!!! I guess that's why I love it. It gives a serious feeling of accomplishment. Plus it runs through a lot of the most scenic areas around downtown KC.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Nope. Not a race. I am running it as I would a long run. My higher end cardio is not up to par to race a HM. Actually, maybe not even a 5k. I felt the calf on mile 8 of yesterday's run though, so I figure without rest I have a good chance of feeling it by mile 13 Saturday. I thinks it's more DOMS than anything bad. But could become bad. At least my paranoia says so.

Should have said "event" instead of race. Better to rest more and have fun at the event than get injured at it..... That make sense? Chasing a toddler makes for less eloquence
  • skippygirlsmom
    @MNlittleFinn yeah! Until you are not on a rest day tomorrow ha ha thanks! Felt good this morning.

In the May thread wasn't someone talking about the Grandma's marathon on the June 17th? I was just reading this article at Kara Goucher will be there running the HM, but will be a featured speaker that weekend.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/running/4275821-goucher-commits-garry-bjorklund-half-marathon

@whatmerunning sorry about the calve.

@stoshew71 I saw you guys were hilling it today, great work.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    3 miles this morning, 2 of which were running. The 1 mile walking was spread out as warmup/breaks/cool down.

@cameronheel LOL at your brief 30 year hiatus. Sounds like you're doing great having completed C25K and are running 3 times a week.

@juliet3455 I like #9. I think I love exercise but hate training. I become miserable every time my running starts to resemble training. Oh well.
  • MNLittleFinn
    @skippygirlsmom I'm running grandma's I'm totally stoked she's coming. She owns the CR for the half, so it's cool that she's coming back.
  • skippygirlsmom
    @skippygirlsmom I'm running grandma's I'm totally stoked she's coming. She owns the CR for the half, so it's cool that she's coming back.

@MNlittlefinn Duh I guess I didn't know the name of the race, I should have put two and two together huh? ! I just love her, I would be over the moon to hear her speak.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Just wondering here, who gives out a long sleeve tech shirt for a June race? LOL

Also, my bib has a tear-off portion at the bottom which is a coupon for a free adult beverage. Nice.

Close . . . I got a long sleeve tech shirt for Canandaigua Half on May 27. And I have several short sleeve tech shirts for races in September and October.