Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Blaming your metabolism is such a cop-out.

Nothing drives me crazier than someone telling me they can't lose ANY weight because their metabolism is too slow. It's simple, CICO. Yes there are cellular differences in how your body metabolizes things, but at the end of the day, if you burn 2000 calories and only put in 1500, you're going to lose weight. Your metabolism is not some magical thing that defies the laws of thermodynamics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you obviously haven't hit menopause yet.

Menopause or not, you still will lose weight if you eat 1500 calories, and burn 2000 calories.

Perhaps. You will lose fat. But not necessarily weight. Menopause plays all kinds of fun games with your hormones.

You sure as hell ain't going to gain muscle. Perhaps retaining fluid that would make it seem like you aren't losing. I promise you, if you're losing fat, you're losing weight. Unless your bones start abnormally growing or something. There's only so many substances you can lose/gain in your body.

I'll be indelicate and mention one. For many women, the digestive, ah, elimination slows down as well, despite all water and fiber and what not. This causes you to retain more... digestive waste. Yes, there is a limit to this, it doesn't keep climbing, but it's one of the many frustrations and it makes your stomach stick out more also. All the little, lousy things work together into a Big Lousy.
This discussion has been closed.