total cal 1003
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body DVD (one of my new ones). I thought it would be more cardio, but it's mostly weights with some cardio mixed. But it's also good to use lighter weights sometimes. The plan for tomorrow, since we have a Newcomer board meeting, is to do Kathy Smith's Step Workout DVD.

Not doing too good on my goal to try to eat only when I'm hungry. I like to graze and I need to get out of the habit and just eat when I'm hungry. Any suggestions? I'm trying keeping healthy snacks (like carrots) available, only I find myself eating them when I'm not real hungry.

Rori - that VegFest sounds so interesting. Wish they'd have something like that around here. Best of luck with the condo. I hope it sells fast for you.

Allie - I love hearing about TomCat. My heart breaks for him <NOT> It makes me smile when I read about how "what goes around comes around" Maybe the lawyer is doing nothing for him because he's treating his lawyer the same way he treated you. I'm in agreement with Joyce, things are getting scary. Even before you call 911, go to another room and lock the door. Then call 911. If you do it in front of Tom, I really can see him grabbing the phone from you.

Dana - My heart goes out to you for going thru all that. Thank goodness you're no longer in that relationship

Lenora - we'll probably use gorilla glue on the numbers to glue them to the frame. I know Vince has searched and he's found a way to attach it. We shall see if it holds or if there are problems. He's going to do it so that you don't see anything except the frame. Congrats on the loss

Kim - Vince added water to the pool Sat. plus it rained, so the pool temp today was a chilly 87!

Lanette - glad you liked the house number. The brown curly-ques, I used a toothpick on. Plus, there is a small border that I used a toothpick on. Another lady did one and I wouldn't tell her, but I like mine better. Thank you for the compliment. Good luck at the doc's

Went in pool today, had dinner and went to ACMoore for a needle night (people work on crafts). Got an idea of something that looks pretty simple to make for the kids. As soon as I finish the placemats that I'm working on (I've only been working on them for something like 15 years -- literally. I have the hardest time working in the round), I'm going to ask someone to show me how to do this. Now to get ready for bed.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Michele - pool temp of 79-81 is perfect for me....
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla, my DBIL does take care of my sister. But he has two personalities. The other one only comes out when family is here like for holidays or we are having a carry in dinner and he isn't controlling the cooking. He is a diabetic, used to be close to 400 pounds, has probably lost close to 500 pounds through his life. But oh does that no eat when we have the family over. Years ago, when a lot of the family who no longer live here, he was quite a supreme control freak. Now that life has settled down and it's just Norma and him, he is such a calm wonderful loving husband. He takes care of her so much, she has had 2 cancers, one severe, many orthopedic surgeries and required a lot of help. He gives so freely of himself and when it comes to taking care of her, there is no limit to money. They have a housekeeper, the mobility can, etc. but the out of town family never see this man. I keep trying to tell them that there is another Jeff that they have never met. So far no one believes me. But my sister and him knows how much I love and appreciate him. Their 50th wedding anniversary is coming up and Norma will be getting a new kitchen. He is one of those guys who is a work freak. He will tpretire when he dies on the job. He is a CPA and it took him a long time to find his job. There were so many places he worked at that wanted him to do things with books that he just could not do. He gas been with his present company now for man years and all is well. MFP has helped him the last 4 years ago lose about 180 pounds.

To the gardeners here....how long do I have to water my new plants daily? I know it has a lot to do with the heat and amount of rain. We have had no rain except for 3 inches on Sunday and hav had heat index in the 100s for over a week. The landscape was finished a week ago. I am more than willing to do it as l g as I have to. But our normal water bill is about $70 now. I hate to know what our next one is!

Joyce, Indiana looking forward to Thursday when my daughter and family get here
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lynette. Yep I felt really lucky to have worked there! And during the summers that marble was so cool! In the basement, were a lot of the files, and I learned to juggle down there using some beans filled balls! There was also a medical room down there, with a cot, and peace and quiet. Some lunch hours I would take a nap there!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Katla, sounds like a plan, meeting up! Yep a couple of days notice, so that we can check our calendars! Yep I am sad, but happy for him too. My middle son talked to his youngest brother about boot camp, and that settled him down. This afternoon he called from the hotel near the PDX airport. Sounded good! Relaxed even! Tomorrow is the swearing in, the dreaded pee test, then fly out to Great Lakes Ill!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Whidbey island if it happens won't be until my sons yearly lease expires in March or May of next year. I guess his room mate sent him the lease agreement, which he signed and faxed back to the rental company. Which also means his room mate signed it, so no getting him out early.

The room mate sent me, via messenger online, a picture of an envelope and letter my son rec'd from the military regarding his need to update his PIN with his social security. Sometimes, when there has been a breach in security, these mass mailings get sent, but I am more concerned that my sons room mate is opening up my sons mail! I do suppose that my son gave him permission to do so, but still! If my sobs room mate wanted to do anything shady, he wouldn't be sending pics to me. I am always so cautious of people.

Hugs ladies
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) We came home early from the baseball game. It got cold. It was sad watching so much beer and garlic fries being consumed by people who didn't need all those calories

:)Allie, it might be a good idea to get a storage unit and start moving your most precious stuff out of the house

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    :)
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    B)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    It was sad watching so much beer and garlic fries being consumed by people who didn't need all those calories

Have you ever been to the Speedway? We go a couple times a year. You can't get anything low cal there ... and it shows among the regulars!

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Had a glorious time with my friends yesterday afternoon, the whole family was there, the band was pretty good, and lots of catching up..
    they will be here the rest of the week. thursday night is kareoke at a local bar, but working the next morning will make that pretty much impossible. then friday night my friends band playing at another place, that might be doable as Tom will be ready to leave for Florida.. now that might not happen if he doesnt have all my lawyer wants for the deposition..
    He did get out of work early yesterday and went to the lawyer . so we shall see what happens friday.. but if he does go to Florida, I will have time to pack and put more stuff downstairs, there is an extra room down there I am putting all the stuff I am taking...non of interest to Tom.
    I dont feel threatened, but If I do ,I will take appropriate measures believe you me..
    Becca~ thinking of you being an empty nester. now after you have raised 3 wonderful boys, think of it now as time for you and the Hubby, will keep you in my prayers
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    B)

Lanette
    Cool and fabulous SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
    morning peeps

grandmallie - all i can say is i'm proud of you