Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3B)<3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, you have a blue dishwasher! Where did you get that? Yes, your kitchen looks very neat. I don't k ow what I would do if mine ever looked like that. It gets close to that around Thanksgivng and Christmas when the family is coming over but after cooking that big meal it's worse than before. The men always clean up after we eat. God bless them but they never know where to put things. As far as your son, you have said belfry that it is comforting to know that he is in the arms of the Navy since the Navy was and has continued to be such a part of your life. I heard on the radio today that when your heart is heavy, consider all the good things you have done for your son.

I can't remember when I posted earlier. I think it was after I went sjpjoppimg for Trinity's birthday present. I paid more than want I intended and didn't get her what she really asked for. But both my grand daughters have always been very gracious and appreciated what we gave them whether it was what they wanted or not. The rug I bought is round. She asked for a 3x5 because the previous renter had stapled something on her hard wood floor and she was wanting a rug to cover it. I just hope this 3 foot round rug will do. After choir practice tonight I went grocery shopping for dinner on Friday. She wants chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, a home made and not a decorated one. Walmart had no '1' candle anywhere, either in the bakery aisle or up at the bakery. How can I make a 16 without the 1. So they had a cheapo thing with every number but much smaller and I got that. We will just use 16 candles. Since it is for both Chalrie and her I guess we could put his 69 candles on it to!!!!!!!! He always hates the whole blowing out the candles thing. Says to many germs flying around so I won't ask him to blow out anything. He always enjoys helping decorate the cake. He is terrible frosting it though. Maybe Ellie would like to help me since it is her big sister.

We had only 8 people at choir practice. Well 9 if you consider the director. But it was well balanced at 2 in each section. Sunday we have the preachers family gone and that takes away a main tenor and a main alto. So just me and another one left in the alto section. The preacher has such a strong beautiful tenor voice that he keeps the men on track but the one who gets off. Track is sick and the other two are real good. One is Broadway trained. One of our real good tenors and his wife retired from the choir due to his health. I miss both.

It rained today and I was jumping with joy that God had taken care of my landscaping for me. Then the rain stopped. It was one of those scattered showers. I think it was officially 1/4 inch. And tonight boy was it muggy. Sure wish I was a morning person. Saturday is the first day our lawn gym will come and mow our yard and weed eat for us! It will be glad not to see Charlie look so exhausted. I make him take his phone and nitro out with him. He always has his nitro but not the phone. I have taken out some water but he never drinks it, just wants me to leave him alone so he can finish.

Joyce Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    B)B)B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all, loving pics as always. Weather not nice here, cool and showery but glad we are not in France at the moment. So sorry for the people near those fires, not sure where Leigh is.

Going to cinema this afternoon with DH to see the new Dunkirk movie, we're not great cinema fans, I go with girlfriends a couple of times a year. I was going on my own which is fine but he decided to join me, think he's being nice aaagh. Who knows how they think but you've got to love 'em.

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept in this morning..sure will be nice when I am on my own ,im a light sleeper and once Tom gets up I am awake until he goes to work..
    will have my granddaughter today so will have to look for something to do..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Karen and Cheri - LOVE your photo! <3<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    wowza Barbie! . Inspiring.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    wowza Barbie... Awesome sauce
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    /
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Josephine ~ Welcome! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: It was good of your son to call. You raised him right. I am so sorry that you are missing him. I miss my son, too, and he's been out of the house for a very long time. We had the pleasure of a visit from him earlier in the month because the army sent him this way to do some needed work. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Do they have bike garages/lockers available at the gym? There are too many bike thieves out there. I'm glad it wasn't your bike, but I'm sorry it was anyone's bike. :grumble:

Heather: My son is in the military. He is often out of contact. I sorted things out with DDIL & put money in their account for his birthday present. We expect him to use it to get new Birkenstocks. :smiley:

Josephinebo: We've gotten picky about our vegetable oils. We have dropped corn oil due to health concerns and use olive oil, saffola oil, or canola oil for cooking and making salad dressing. :star:

Joyce: At this point we want a scooter that will slip into the back of the car. Both are station-wagons. If we need room for luggage we will put a seat back down and make the space available. :smiley:

DJ: I have friends outside this group, but none who share the way that we do. It is a great blessing to have all of you as a support system. :heart:

Allison: The picture of Tom doesn't show his horns and pitchfork. I suppose he put them away temporarily to avoid scaring the girls. :devil:

Cheri: Thanks for sharing the photo of you and Karen! You both look great!!! :flowerforyou:

Pip: Love the photo of you and Kirby! :smiley:

Lenore: There used to be a show on cable that was called hoarders. Some people had stuff crammed into their homes to the point you could barely get through their rooms. Others hoarded animals, often cats or dogs. We have occasionally seen articles in our local paper about a local animal hoarder but it has been quite a while since the last one. The animals are confiscated and the hoarder is usually charged with a crime or crimes. :sad: I hope they get your windows right next time. :grumble:

Michele: DH doesn't want me to be alone at the stable in case something happens and I get hurt. It is a sensible position on his part. I have my phone with me but cell service out there is very spotty and unreliable. In addition to that, right now his car is in the shop for a needed new transmission so he couldn't drive out to rescue me if I did place a call. I'll probably ask him to ride out in the car with me and read while I play with Arrow. :ohwell:

Gloria in WA: I am so glad to see your face here! I hope things are going okay in your life these days. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I love the photo of your old jeans and the "new you." It is a dynamic testimony to your success. Congratulations!!! :bigsmile:

josephinebowman: You can get results as dynamic as Barbie has achieved. It takes time and determination on your part. In my case, it took a couple of years to reach my goal, and right now I'm working on getting back there, because I've had a few too many treats lately. :embarassed: :star:

Yoga today and maybe a trip to the stable. I've had an iffy digestive system for a few days and may elect not to risk going out to the stable. I hope things will settle down enough that I can go. :ohwell:

I hope everyone has a great day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Heather I am sorry your father went through that. I went to the World War I museum at Iypers. After seeing that why people think war solves anything is beyond me. While parked at a local restaurant DS had his windshield smashed by some kids throwing rocks. I don't know where the parents were or how old they were. Sounds like they did just for fun. With a $350 deductible that we will pay because DS has no money. Not so fun!

:heart: Margaret