WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    FelicIa - Have a great holiday! I'm sure you will be back running again now you've got the coeliac under control. <3 I have a friend who was late diagnosed and she is now one of the fittest people I know at the age of 61. She's just done a 10k and last year walked 400 miles in 6 weeks. :o

Well girls, my pigs cheeks were wonderful. :D Meltingly soft and very flavourful recipe. I've never eaten them before so I had no idea what to expect. I've seen celebrity cooks doing them on TV. :laugh: We've got another meal left to freeze. Hooray! DH approved. :D

Looking forward to seeing the family tomorrow. As always I'm a bit nervous about the b&b, but I've Googled everything I could Google. I hope it's worth the huge price we are paying. DH hasn't given me his half share yet. Hope he doesn't have a heart attack! We'll be leaving just before 12.30 after an early lunch. Parking in my son's front yard.

Barbie - Great pic with the trousers. (Pants) You look very happy. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    fed DFIL and picked up my DGD and we went to the park.. she had a ball running around on the playground and I took the dogs around for a walk.. then came home..
    got an Email from the attorney asking if there is anything I want her to ask Kissy Poo.
    just told her i mean as a woman what would you ask someone who cheated on you..
    ask her the pertanent questions, and thank her and Tom for ruining a marriage..oh to be a fly on the wall.. I have plans tomorrow night so I wont be here..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    &
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER the film was wonderful all about the experience and action, not much about characters, wonderful loved it well worth watching.

Kate UK <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Barbie... Awesome!
  • bwcetc
    Options
    Becca ... my house will be clean again in 3 weeks ... not looking forward to it ....
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    felicia you will get back to running, one step at a time. Keep your eyes on the road ahead not behind. Enjoy your vacation with the kiddos, sounds like fun.

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I think Tom ruined the marriage on his own. He's been a J*ck*ss as long as I've known you. His girlfriend was not ethical but it is the married person's responsibility to be faithful. I hope he gets his just reward and you get everything you deserve in the divorce. :flowerforyou:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Had to look up pig's cheeks. Ugh! Glad you enjoyed them.

Becca ~ My kitchen is covered in appliances. I have all the frying pans on top of the microwave. But, it works for me.

Felicia ~ Have fun on your vacation. Sounds like you have a lot of fun activities planned.

Carol in GA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    well he pulled it off, he stopped the deposition from happening tomorrow.. lawyer finally called mine and said she had a bedridden person with life threatening lawyer stuff that just needed to be done tomorrow. so for right now it is called off, but will be held at a future time grrrrr. but temp alimony work still in the works,
    Tom just tried picking Tal up and threw his back out again, and he leaves tomorrow morning for Florida.. wont see him until a week from Sunday ..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    katla no bike lockers or garages at the Y.. i have one at the sumner train station. i rent it for $50/year and i run the 1/2 to work.
  • bwcetc
    Options
    Allie ... he's just delaying the inevitable ...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    JoyceHaha! You asked about my blue dishwasher, and truth be told its just a plain white dishwasher with the blue protective coating still on it!!!! Haha! I couldn't bring myself to remove it!!!
    Becca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    Hello all: It is blessedly cooler today, not raining, just cloudy. Did my yoga this morning and talked to my best friend who lives in Parker, CO. She is probably going to come visit in October. I am really looking forward to her visit as she has not seen our new place yet. Will get the RV ready for her as she is allergic to cats and would be miserable in the house with three of them.

Gloria - Good to see your face, stop in again when you can and let us know what is going on with you and yours.

Karen and Cheri - Cute pic, glad you got to meet up.

Barbie - Great picture, wow!

Well I need to go out and check on the critters to make sure they all have water and let horses out in the pasture. Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla. Yep it was nice of him to call, but actually they are in a line and are instructed to call home! Hense the excited tone of his voice. I know I would have just boohoo'ed if I had answered the phone!
    Becca
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Allie - good that Tom is leaving for FLA for a while and you can have the house to yourself for packing and stowing away valuables you run across.

Heather - DH is the same way about loud thumping bass. It almost makes him go postal, especially when trying to relax and sleep. Worse than fireworks! Glad you can get away, hope the B&B is better than you expect! DH was telling me about Dunkirk - he's a WWII buff. What a sad memory for your dad; mine was in a pretty bad situation on Adak Island in the Aleutians. Never said a word about it other than he had a picture of him holding a baby fox and a photo of a dead Japanese soldier. Lots to ponder about our upbringing by fathers who went thru this war and kept so much inside.

Becca - glad your son called! Love your tidy kitchen - I bet people would hire to help them get organized. You know, if you ever would want to do a little part-time work, there are services called something like "help at home" where the person comes in and does what you are doing for Prudence plus a little light housework and gets paid, not sure how much, but the person is an employee and gets paid by the service. If I didn't have so much on my plate right now I'd look into it. A couple hours twice a week for some extra cash might be nice at some point. Good that Prudence seems to have "gotten the message" - did you stop by to take care of her pills this morning?

Barbie - neat photo of the "smaller you". What a great testament to your hard work!!

Katla
    - so sorry to hear of DH's car woes! Sure hope this repair is the last for a long, long time.

Well, I went to see the doc this morning about my "tingling" hands. She's an orthopedic doc - thinks I have nerve impingement due to my weightlifting (upper body) and need some physical therapy to see about strengthening back muscles. I think that's great! I told her I didn't want to give this up and am glad for the opportunity to have someone critique and help me along the path. The PT place is right next door to the gym I go to. My appointment is next Thursday morning. In the meantime, I am to reduce the upper body weights a bit until the therapist gets me back on track.

That's the catch-up on this nice cooler day! Have a great evening!!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    Barbie, Great pic of you holding your big lady pants! Such a journey you have gone on! You are an inspiration to us all! Hugs!
    Becca