Diet Coke, friend or foe?

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke - apart from the different label?

Diet Coke uses just aspartame. Coke Zero has aspartame and one of the other sweeteners, I forget which one.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Water is probably the best thing to hydrate your body. Having said that, I love Pepsi max and I'm not planning to give it up any time soon :)

I don't know much about the science one way or another - there seem to be so many opposing 'facts' and opinions flying around! - but I find that these things in moderation are fine. The same as anything else really!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A 1922 booklet about the dangers of opium.

File:BlackCandle.jpg
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    spyro88 wrote: »
    Water is probably the best thing to hydrate your body. Having said that, I love Pepsi max and I'm not planning to give it up any time soon :)

I don't know much about the science one way or another - there seem to be so many opposing 'facts' and opinions flying around! - but I find that these things in moderation are fine. The same as anything else really!

99.99% of diet coke is water :)

HTH
    HAND
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Except your body produces glucose even if you don't eat it.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Diet Dr Pepper is where it's at :)

I so wish more bars stocked that. I usually only drink soda (with rum) when I'm out dancing.
    Same on the diet cherry pepsi/coke.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Is there really such a thing as opposing facts? I think we are getting in the territory of Schrodinger's Cat.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Is there really such a thing as opposing facts? I think we are getting in the territory of Schrodinger's Cat.

We've got "alternative facts," so why not?
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yes, aggressive cancers are nutrition hogs. That's one of the reasons they are killers. They'll co-opt blood vessels, nutrition, anything they can get for their own growth, and hell to the poor host.
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just going to leave this here.

http://physiqonomics.com/aspartame/