WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Lanette and Carol ... I checked ours through equifax. My husband's is fine but mine and my sons were "potentially impacted." I just spent a whole month getting our checking account closed and straightened out after Verizon had a huge breach and someone stole out of my checking account ... What a pain! I don't know if I'll freeze our credit reports as we need to stay flexible for college loans for my son and I'd like to consolidate some debt to lower rates since our bank closed and sold our debts to new creditors.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Allie ... I'm hoping your court appearance is over by now and that you're able to get rid of the headache! Hoping too that your Florida property survived!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Equifax links.

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Alison ~ ((((((HUGS))))))
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette and Carol ... I checked ours through equifax. My husband's is fine but mine and my sons were "potentially impacted." I just spent a whole month getting our checking account closed and straightened out after Verizon had a huge breach and someone stole out of my checking account ... What a pain! I don't know if I'll freeze our credit reports as we need to stay flexible for college loans for my son and I'd like to consolidate some debt to lower rates since our bank closed and sold our debts to new creditors.[/quote

Beth - I guess what a pain! I'm going to talk to the folks at our bank tomorrow. I've read pro's and con's to freezing credit, even if it is free for a year. I had a call a week ago that my Sears card could have been compromised so the account closed and issued a new one.

A person can get a free credit report once a year on annualcreditreport.com so I'll check up and see if anything weird pops up. Very aggravating that our finances can be impacted through no fault of our own!

Good luck!
    Lanette
    SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wendy, good on you for raising bees! I commend you, because truly bees are at the center of everything, pollinating our plants, flowers, and fruits!
    You are a young thing at 51! ( I being 55 and such a wise woman haha!). OK awaiting a swat from the matriarch's of this group....
    Becca
    Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Lisa love the paintings.

((Allie)))
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie ((( <3 ))). You are taking it one step at a time, sending hugs and strength.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Felicia Maui! Wowee! I've always wanted to go there. So happy for you!
    NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Felicia. Sometimes I have to catch myself, because my brain does sometimes go to a place I am not proud of. Weight struggles, whether 10, or 100 lbs are still valid. Numbers do not need validation to make them important. So sometimes my brain will think, why is she on here, she is perfect in my book. Many times I see a weight someone has posted that they're so ashamed to be at, and I'm thinking, " heck that's my goal weight". What I'm trying, very badly, to state is she probably didn't even realize what she'd said. Brush it aside and carry on girl! Next time it happens though, say what you are wishing to say, and see what happens. Sadly, I do it all the time, haha! I'm a square on this round world of ours!
    Becca
    Squarely sitting in Oregon

hljyj0rgnqnr.jpg
    My rock I found today!! Well it found me....
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Becca. <3

In other weird Oregon news, I was working in my office with the window open and thought I heard a goat. I brushed it off, but I could still hear it. Looked out the window, and sure enough. Someone had a caged goat, of a fairly substantial size, in the back of their pick up truck. :astonished:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Here's the article about our fire. I don't know why they are using the past tense, because it is still raging.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/09/11/salem-fire-crews-battle-2-alarm-grass-fire-corban-university/655640001/

Our campus is behind that wall of smoke.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hello,again. Have been so glued to tv...watching storm news. We have our Grandaughter & her SO living in Margate,Fl ....plus other relatives all over the sunshine state.Sister & family used to live in New Port Richey.......but she was so scared of storms,they moved north.Anyway.......everyone is safe.They will be losing food (no electric) from fridge & freezers......but just a detail.
    Like someone mentioned,I don't try to read all the posts.A few pages at a time works for me.

Our fav son in law has been diagnosed with cancer.......so we're helping as needed. Taking him to treatments etc.They would do the same for us.

Hope everyone is doing good with their food plan.Mine is ok days & not so ok days.I'm ready for Fall.Cooler days & lots of good soup.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Congratulations on 33 years of marriage. WTG! :heart: I am also saddened by the fires in the Columbia Gorge. :broken_heart:

Barbie: I hope your walking friend comes through the surgery with flying colors. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I forwarded your link to my husband. Thanks for sharing it! :smiley:

Alison: Good news about your property in Florida. I hope the court rulings are very positive for you. :star:

Felicia: I'm so sorry you have a fire in your area. I hope it is contained and you don't have damages. :heart:

I had a lovely yoga class today and am beginning to get some of my strength and flexibility back to the point where I feel good. I've been trying to regain ground from a long period of time last winter when I couldn't go to yoga regularly due to DH's eye surgeries. I am happy to be feeling better.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Today: 2050 meters swimming, aquafit class and 3 miles on bike ( trip to/from gym). No word on job prospect.

I'm well on track swim wise for cancer fundraiser swim. I just hope won't stick out like a sore thumb, the old and slow grandma type creaking her way in the pool amidst the young fit swimmers. Lol. Well, it is what it is - and I am likely to be oldest female there by a few decades if last years swimmers are representative.

Tomorrow back to MiL rehab appointments- I think this is the last week they have her b/c I think her insurance is running out. She seems stronger, but I don't think long walks are in the cards.

Felicia Well done to get to your healthy BMI! I think you were very gracious- but I can understand that you were uncomfortable. Those women made a snap judgment of you based on your appearance and nothing else. As nice a compliment as 'tiny' may be, you were correct in feeling that on the whole they were not complimenting you. Actually, as I am sure you realize, the comment speaks volumes about them, not you. - your trip sounds fab!

Rye