Unwarranted Advice

Replies

• DetectiveCookieMonster
    DetectiveCookieMonster Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2017
    garber6th wrote: »
    I had lost about 50 lbs at this point when a coworker saw me eating a bag of chips. Of course I had them figured into my calories for the day. He looked at me and said, "That's not a good choice". I just shoved a handful of chips in my face and walked away.

A couple of months ago a coworker was telling me about a video he watched on Netflix and as a result he became vegan and he tried to tell me how great it was and how veggies have more protein than meat (is that even possible???). He really tried to persuade me to watch the video because it would change my life. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he's back eating meat again. This is the same guy who told me that studies show that your water will be better for you if you talk to it.

I'm no doctor or psychiatrist. But it appears this male suffers from a mental health issue.

Talk to your water ??? Unbelievable
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    garber6th wrote: »
    I had lost about 50 lbs at this point when a coworker saw me eating a bag of chips. Of course I had them figured into my calories for the day. He looked at me and said, "That's not a good choice". I just shoved a handful of chips in my face and walked away.

A couple of months ago a coworker was telling me about a video he watched on Netflix and as a result he became vegan and he tried to tell me how great it was and how veggies have more protein than meat (is that even possible???). He really tried to persuade me to watch the video because it would change my life. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he's back eating meat again. This is the same guy who told me that studies show that your water will be better for you if you talk to it.

I'm no doctor or psychiatrist. But it appears this male suffers from a mental health issue.

Talk to your water ??? Unbelievable

Lol... he's not mental, I think he just reads way too much and reads way too much into what he reads.
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    I'll regret this but....what is blended fruit. I'm not interested in buying into hype, I just don't understand (eg is it literally blended to a puree)? I'm a CICO person through and through. If you want to intermittent fast or do low/no carb or whatever, I don't care. Just don't assume what works for your body and lifestyle is THE way to do it instead of A way to do it.

Pureed fruit or fruit blended into a smoothie. Funny part is I use their recipes. Raw or cooked
    fruit and veggies have no points. Veggies and fruit in a smoothie have points. But a pureed all vegetable soup has none. Ha.

Ummm, wow, people really think this? I'd love to have a huge bowl of corn or unlimited carrots and peas. I love those super starchy veggies. Who knew I could assume they have no calories. SMH. This picture is not directed at you, it is directed at whomever came up with that nonsense (and the desperate people that believe it). ghk8cz2hjbjy.jpg
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I'll regret this but....what is blended fruit. I'm not interested in buying into hype, I just don't understand (eg is it literally blended to a puree)? I'm a CICO person through and through. If you want to intermittent fast or do low/no carb or whatever, I don't care. Just don't assume what works for your body and lifestyle is THE way to do it instead of A way to do it.

Pureed fruit or fruit blended into a smoothie. Funny part is I use their recipes. Raw or cooked
    fruit and veggies have no points. Veggies and fruit in a smoothie have points. But a pureed all vegetable soup has none. Ha.

Ummm, wow, people really think this? I'd love to have a huge bowl of corn or unlimited carrots and peas. I love those super starchy veggies. Who knew I could assume they have no calories. SMH. This picture is not directed at you, it is directed at whomever came up with that nonsense (and the desperate people that believe it). ghk8cz2hjbjy.jpg

The last time I did WW was about 5 years ago, but starchy vegetables and avocados were not zero points. Carrots and onions were zero points raw but acquired points when cooked.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member

The last time I did WW was about 5 years ago, but starchy vegetables and avocados were not zero points. Carrots and onions were zero points raw but acquired points when cooked.

Thanks for clarifying. But everything is still not a zero calorie free for all regardless of preparation.
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    It's hard to blame WW for selling people things they are eager to believe.....then changing it every so often to resell it. If their clients lost weight and kept it off they'd have been extinct long ago. It's the people's expectation that you can have it all without consequences that has to change. I did WW a very very long time ago and I did fine on it but it was awful. People in meetings talking about how to measure this or that, basically how to game the point system to eat more. Ummm, no. Plus converting from calories to points seemed to be very odd to me, plus the idea of banking points. It was way too much effort for something that is simple (if you're CICO oriented). On a positive, it did teach me to be more aware of my fiber intake and for that I'm glad.