Unwarranted Advice

Options

Replies

• 08_GreenEyedMomma
    Options
    Banannas don't contain any other nutritional benefits. Eating banannas, even the odd one here or there, will prevent any weight loss"

Lol! I had a peanut butter & banana wrap every day for lunch last week & daily weights steadily dropped until my seemingly weekly Monday morning re-bound!

• DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options
    Banannas don't contain any other nutritional benefits. Eating banannas, even the odd one here or there, will prevent any weight loss"

Lol! I had a peanut butter & banana wrap every day for lunch last week & daily weights steadily dropped until my seemingly weekly Monday morning re-bound!

Me tooo :) Every night as my "snack" to curb those sweets cravings. I love BANANAS.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    That I didn't want to weigh and log because I wasn't ready to commit to weight loss.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't think I have actually received advice IRL, from anyone, about weight loss. Usually it's other people asking me for advice, LOL. Of course I read lots of things on this forum and elsewhere online, that are complete nonsense. I will say that it IS great that the MFP and others too, in the last few years, have mostly stopped touting the starvation mode crap. I was happy to see that one go. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'll regret this but....what is blended fruit. I'm not interested in buying into hype, I just don't understand (eg is it literally blended to a puree)? I'm a CICO person through and through. If you want to intermittent fast or do low/no carb or whatever, I don't care. Just don't assume what works for your body and lifestyle is THE way to do it instead of A way to do it.

Pureed fruit or fruit blended into a smoothie. Funny part is I use their recipes. Raw or cooked
    fruit and veggies have no points. Veggies and fruit in a smoothie have points. But a pureed all vegetable soup has none. Ha.

Ummm, wow, people really think this? I'd love to have a huge bowl of corn or unlimited carrots and peas. I love those super starchy veggies. Who knew I could assume they have no calories. SMH. This picture is not directed at you, it is directed at whomever came up with that nonsense (and the desperate people that believe it). ghk8cz2hjbjy.jpg

The last time I did WW was about 5 years ago, but starchy vegetables and avocados were not zero points. Carrots and onions were zero points raw but acquired points when cooked.

Thanks for clarifying. But everything is still not a zero calorie free for all regardless of preparation.

No argument there!
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    temazur wrote: »
    susanp57 wrote: »

Not when you're lactose intolerant, which this person knew about me. ;)

That's a big difference! :)