Daily exercise checkin

Looking to motivate each other to exercise daily. Joining the thread is a commitment to exercise. Checkin daily and tell us what you did. Remember to take a day or 2 off during the week to let the body recover. Happy Exercising!!!

Replies

• amywhoa
    amywhoa Posts: 47 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss! Keep eating at that rate plus working out you should meet your goals!
    Today I worked out abs. decline sit ups, russian twists, mountain climbers, plank jacks, side plank raises and did abt 30 mins cardio
  • msoptimistic2
    msoptimistic2 Posts: 30 Member
    I took Friday off as recovery and missed yesterday due to soreness, but will be back on track today...will be posting later!
  • let_the_sunshine
    let_the_sunshine Posts: 19 Member
    Good idea msoptimistic2 about the measurements. I'll try taking some baseline measurements tomorrow.
    Thanks amywhoa :) I did some planking today too. When i do plank jacks i do them stepping each foot out in turn rather than the jumping method. I find doing that slow and controlled is a good workout and where I dont feel as likely to hurt myself as I would with the jumping way.
    Welcome to the group Dinow. 4.5 lbs in 3-4 weeks is impressive.
    Today i did 25mins yoga, a bit of weights with 8lb dumbbells, 1 min plank hold and another 1 min plank 'jacks'.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I'm interested. I do a women's lifting and boxing group 3 days a week. We do 1hr lifting and conditioning followed by 1hr of boxing. Lately I'm doing C25K 3 days as well with one day off as my rest day.

Yesterday was rest so today was abs and arms with a friend followed by C25K with another friend. Tomorrow we are finding out squat max weight in group before boxing
  • amywhoa
    Good tip msoptimistic2 I've been recording my measurements over the past few months. Helps me figure out if what im doing is working or not.
    The slow and controlled plank jacks are quite harder let_the_sunshine ! I will try those out next ab day!
    Nice going dinow! I find jump roping is really good for getting the heart rate up and good cardio! Hard for me to skip bc I had a knee injury a few years ago.
    Wow kdk805 & scoil123 u ladies went hard in your workout today!
  • amywhoa
    Today was my rest day but I needed to gym so I did 30 mins on the treadmill abt 300cals
  • msoptimistic2
    Damn skipping rope is touch...u go girl!

• msoptimistic2
    kdk805 wrote: »
    I have been a strava user for 5 months now , my weekly average is 20 miles running ,50 miles cycling ,strength training 3-4 x/ week. 5k time 26 mins . lost 25 lbs , 15 more to go . Today ran a hill 2 miles , flat 1 mile , biked 20 miles hills. Burned 1500 calories .

If always wanted to jog, just can't seem to hang with that group. No matter how hard I try, I can't do d the stamina
  • msoptimistic2
    edited September 2017
    I only managed 30 mins of cardio on the treadmill BUT, I got my *kitten* up and did it so I'm happy. Back to weight training and cardio tomorrow. Upper body!
  • msoptimistic2
    30 mins treadmill not pace, 25 mins upper body weight lifting
  • let_the_sunshine
    let_the_sunshine Posts: 19 Member
    Got some weights done today as well as some housecleaning including moving some heavy things down to the storage locker. Got some food planned for this week which should help me meet my protein goals. Eating protein will help keep muscle while cutting cal's, and help build new muscle.
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    I did 20 min walk, 10 min rope jumping, 7 min up and 3 floor building
  • msoptimistic2
    No exercise today, back at it tomorrow
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Started week 3 of C25K today