Daily exercise checkin

Options

Replies

• msoptimistic2
    msoptimistic2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kmalhas wrote: »
    Good evening. Since all of you are logging your exercise (as am I) I have a question for the group. When logging your exercise the app add's calories. Do I try and leave these at the end of the day or should I be using them (otherwise ending up at 0 at the end of the day)? Please and thank you!

I think it's different for everyone. I can't eat any of mine or I see gains
  • msoptimistic2
    Options
    Today is my down day BUT I'm feeling guilty. Yesterday was 30 minutes treadmill at moderate pace and butt and legs. I have to admit, I thought I was doing good until I read some of these workouts, I feel like I'm way under performing.
  • Chantaljg
    Chantaljg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today is my down day BUT I'm feeling guilty. Yesterday was 30 minutes treadmill at moderate pace and butt and legs. I have to admit, I thought I was doing good until I read some of these workouts, I feel like I'm way under performing.

It sounds like you're doing amazing!! Every person is at a different spot in their journey :)

The only person you should compare yourself to or compete with is the person you were yesterday ❤

Keep up the great work!!
  • let_the_sunshine
    let_the_sunshine Posts: 19 Member
    Options

It's good to be accepting of yourself and where you're at. Some days will be good and some days wont. It's not much good doing a hardcore workout every day if you wont maintain it beyond 1 week; much better to find a level of exercise you can maintain long term thats a balance of challenging and enjoyable. My workouts are usually only 30 minutes but i find committing to that more frequently is better than trying to make myself do a 1.5 hour workout which I know I will end up giving up on long term. Keep up the good work!
  • let_the_sunshine
    let_the_sunshine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No workout for me today since I had errands to run in the evening and wasn't feeling up to it. Got in 2.65km worth of steps tho today from walking around at work and doing those errands. Also exceeded my calories today. I'm ok with that and am going to workout tomorrow and Friday when my boyfriend is at work and I have nothing better to do :smiley:
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Worked on my bench press before boxing with coach. Still at 85lb for my max which is a little disappointing since that’s what I got 2 months ago. Next max out is in 12 weeks and I’m motivated to hit triple digits.

Great 1hr boxing class. I looked like a fool trying to get a rhythm on the new speed bag but was killing it with my power punches on the heavy bag tonight.
  • kdk805
    kdk805 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1 mile sprint morning run 7 min mile. , 10k evening run 53 minutes..
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Today I finished W2 D3 of C25k. Looking forward to the next week's running time increase.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    20 minutes walk the dog
    Day 18 country heat
    Day 16 30day shred
    Total of almost 17000 steps because my life is just crazy
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well done everyone :) Tight I'm doing weightlifting for 1 hour and then an hour contitioning class after that.

last nights crossfit session:

Warm up:
    Star jumps 1min
    Heaven and Earth 5 x each side
    Goblet pose in a hole (16kg) 1 minute
    Cat and Cow x 10

Sumo Deadlifts High Pull 75lbs
    10-8-6-4-2

Thrusters 65lbs
    10-8-6-4-2

Midline:
    Doubla Al Tabata
    Plank - Table to - side plank - (other) side plank

Conditioning: 45lbs bar
    Sumo Deadlifts High Pull
    Thusters
    3-6-9-12-9-6-3

The death set in and I managed to fight it off lol

Stretches
  • amywhoa
    amywhoa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Tonight I aimed to burn 325 cals during cardio abt 25 mins broken into 2 segments. I've been enjoying this way of cardio lately, helps me warm up and sweat more during strength training. Today was back day!! Consisted of different variations of low rows, close grip pulls, and rear delt exercises. Then threw in some lower ab workouts at the end before 2nd round of cardio!!
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This morning I went for a 6.5km run.

This evening I am doing an hour pilates followed by 45 minutes of spinning.

I forgot it was Thursday when I got up and went for a run. This isn't my normal routine and I already feel burnt out just thinking about it :neutral:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Walked the dog this morning, but only 15 minutes because it was raining and yum , wet dog smell.

This evening I have an appointment with my personal trainer who is helping me to develop a twice a week lifting plan and then I will go for a run.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym this morning after an active rest day yesterday. I've been fighting a sore shoulder but managed to get through my workout, albeit slightly lower weights.

Hope you all have an active awesome day!

15 minute warm-up including leg/arm swings, planks, hip stretches,windshield wipers, leg lifts, RDL's, goblet squats and mini shoulder rehab.

15 min StairMaster level 4 to 9

70 minute strength training including

1X 30 bench press w/55 lbs
    4X10 bench press w/65 lbs
    1X10 bench press w/75 lbs (lowered weight because of shoulder)
    6X10 assisted chin-ups
    5X8 Lying T-bar row w/60 lbs (1/4 rep method)
    5X12 flat bench chest fly w/17.5's
    Plus drop sets of 15 reps from 15 lbs to 7.5 lbs

5X12 cable seated row w/100
    4X10 assisted dips
    4X10 assisted close grip chin ups
    3X12 DB pullovers w/27.5 lbs
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Raining outdoors...no golf. :(
    2 miles WAH with Leslie Sansone.
    25 min Yoga with Rodney Yee
    20 min Qigong with Lee Holden
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Today I start week 5 of C25K
  • Chantaljg
    Chantaljg Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey hey :)

October 5

20 mins Yoga - great stretch this morning that was much needed!
    10 min Core HIIT
    30 min Strength - Chest & Bicep day
    30 min Treadmill 3.5 speed
    30 min walking the dog :)

Have a great day all!!
  • carlyc80
    carlyc80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Metafit class followed by a finisher which was 10 burpees, 10 long jumps, 20 jumping lunges in a minute x 4 followed by 2 minutes of holding a plank.

Rest day tomorrow!
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It was my running day - I did 2.8 miles on the treadmill in 40 minutes.
  • msoptimistic2
    Options
    Today was a gym day but I'm under the weather. Thanks to those for your respoinse about my workouts...made me feel better!! Will make up the loss thus weekend.