Calories are NOT the enemy!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    So what's a "good" calorie and what's a "bad" calorie?

Explain how the twinkie diet worked (I would assume that would be all bad calories).

Personally I would commend someone who looked at the menu at the golden arches and upon seeing that their big mac combo is about a zillion calories made a more sensible choice.

Please don't cite the Twinkie Diet.

This was based on ONE professor, who was on Coca Cola's payroll, who was not monitored or supervised. He gave hundreds of interview and never mentioned the Coca Cola funding. Sadly for him, he was outed and embarrassed several years later.

He lost 27 lbs. in eight weeks(!), which is considered unhealthy by most posters here.

And he had this incredible weight loss not by going from 2,500 calories to 1,200 calories, but by going from 2,500 calories to 1,800 calories. Just a little suspicious I would say.

And does anyone really believe someone can eat Twinkies (supplemented reportedly by Doritos and Oreos) for eight weeks straight?

Adios, Twinkie Diet.

As people have told you before, if 1,800 is a deficit for someone, they'll lose weight on it. Not sure why you find that suspicious, it's how weight loss happens.

Because there are many posters here who make much more drastic calorie cuts than that, and lose very little weight.

The entire story just stinks. Eight weeks of Twinkies. Sure.

So again, I and others have asked you in several threads today, what is your recommendation then for people who want to lose weight. In some posts you have said that you agree that CI<CO will result in weight loss, but you've challenged the long term sustainability of counting calories. Any time the twinkie diet is mentioned, you vehemently proclaim that it is a hoax and reference posters on this site who claim to be on a calorie deficit and not losing. I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other, but what would your advice to those people be?

He also believes Staci of the New Powerlifting Hero article is a hoax. I don't believe he's arguing anything in good faith and is ignoring questions and articles in favor of looking for a loose thread he can pull that will stir up reactions.

Wait, you mean, like someone who is intentionally derailing a thread, flamebaiting, or trolling if you will? I can't possibly believe that is the case!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Haub wasn't losing at a faster than expected rate. His goal was to eat LESS THAN 1800 calories.

He did.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2010/11/16/the-twinkie-diet/
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    So what's a "good" calorie and what's a "bad" calorie?

Explain how the twinkie diet worked (I would assume that would be all bad calories).

Personally I would commend someone who looked at the menu at the golden arches and upon seeing that their big mac combo is about a zillion calories made a more sensible choice.

Please don't cite the Twinkie Diet.

This was based on ONE professor, who was on Coca Cola's payroll, who was not monitored or supervised. He gave hundreds of interview and never mentioned the Coca Cola funding. Sadly for him, he was outed and embarrassed several years later.

He lost 27 lbs. in eight weeks(!), which is considered unhealthy by most posters here.

And he had this incredible weight loss not by going from 2,500 calories to 1,200 calories, but by going from 2,500 calories to 1,800 calories. Just a little suspicious I would say.

And does anyone really believe someone can eat Twinkies (supplemented reportedly by Doritos and Oreos) for eight weeks straight?

Adios, Twinkie Diet.

As people have told you before, if 1,800 is a deficit for someone, they'll lose weight on it. Not sure why you find that suspicious, it's how weight loss happens.

Because there are many posters here who make much more drastic calorie cuts than that, and lose very little weight.

The entire story just stinks. Eight weeks of Twinkies. Sure.

So again, I and others have asked you in several threads today, what is your recommendation then for people who want to lose weight. In some posts you have said that you agree that CI<CO will result in weight loss, but you've challenged the long term sustainability of counting calories. Any time the twinkie diet is mentioned, you vehemently proclaim that it is a hoax and reference posters on this site who claim to be on a calorie deficit and not losing. I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other, but what would your advice to those people be?

He also believes Staci of the New Powerlifting Hero article is a hoax. I don't believe he's arguing anything in good faith and is ignoring questions and articles in favor of looking for a loose thread he can pull that will stir up reactions.

What is supposed to be fake about Staci?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    double post