Calories are NOT the enemy!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Me: Hey I think I'll drop into myfitnesspal forums. It's been a while I wonder if anyth

*sees this thread*
    *smashes computer with a hammer*
    So, a normal day then?
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Calories is like money.

Counting calories is not bad just like counting money is not bad. Just need an awareness. You have to manage it so that you know where you are and where you want to get to.

When I look at ingredients and their caloric count, I ask myself do I want to spend my calories on this or save it for something else. Just like money do I want to spend money on crap items when I can save up for a quality item.

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    oilphins wrote: »
    I sort of understand where he's coming from in a sense but wouldn't it be more of sugar to worry about which is our biggest enemy and not so much the calories?

For Example:
    19 pieces of candy corn only 140 calories but 30 grams of sugar
    1 can of pepsi only 150 calories but 41 grams of sugar.

1 Chicken breast 140 calories but no sugar
    1 can of tuna 160 calories and no sugar

Both similar but one loaded with sugar and the other none. I think that's sort of what he means by bad and good calories? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we all know sugar is what makes us all gain weight. Maybe I'm wrong but I think this is sort of what he's getting at?

But what's the context? I'm not cooking some nebulously sized chicken breast or opening a can of tuna if I have room in my calorie budget for a sweet treat. And for me, the candy corn would be more satisfying than soda, but that's simply because for the most part (cocktails and coffee aside), I don't like to drink my calories.

For a meal? The candy corn's not going to get me very far. Alone. But a chicken breast or a can of tuna won't either.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Me: Hey I think I'll drop into myfitnesspal forums. It's been a while I wonder if anyth

*sees this thread*
    *smashes computer with a hammer*

C'mon now Patrick, did you really expect it to change...? ;)

filbo132 wrote: »
    What a moron this guy is.

It's Friday. ....they all crawl from under the rock on fridays

Oh, Eric doesn't bother to wait for Fridays!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1qaHehOD6339ubxgKuCwUOMC6hB3FYu9QxtWvjFqx8xK9ko5rWA