• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    \\\\
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Lenora, sorry you only see Will once year. When my daughter moved away I was in the same boat. I’d fly her home once a year. Of course I paid but her dad wanted to spend time with her too. Made me so mad. Be careful of your fingers. OUCH!

Becca, how stressful for you. Sending good thoughts your way. ((HUGS)) Love the pics.

Katla, use Arrow as your stress remover.

Allie, you sound so happy. I’m glad you are feeling like that is the place for you.

Pip, love the names you have for the dogs.

Machka, don’t care for curry but by DH and DD love it. Sounds like you had a nice ride. Glad your course is almost finished. My daughter ended up dropping the Java course. It was an accelerated class and she just wasn’t keeping up like she wanted to. She still is in 3 classes this semester. She will do Java in another semester.

Sue, I’m itching just reading your post about the poison ivy.

Wendy, ;thanks for the link to the video.

Janet, you are the ornament master! They are absolutely beautiful. I love the rose buds. I’ve attached a picture of the centerpiece I just finished. If we lived closer, we’d have a ball creating all sorts of things.

Michele, I would do a mix in your foods and their foods. They may find they love your foods. Happy Anniversary (I must have missed that post)

Kelly, so glad to hear the helmet is history. Condolences on your priest passing. ((HUGS)). I haven’t read Steven King since I discovered Dean Koontz. Koontz is like King but without the gross stuff.

Joyce, hope the med stop you up. I have the opposite problem.

Eveyn, I’d love to get my DH into a townhouse when we retire. I’d also like to buy new but probably won’t be able to afford it. We will just have to see.

Sharon, I think it was best to get it out in the open. Don’t think about what you did or didn’t do. That is the past and you made the best decisions you could at the time. Glad you had a break. I’m sure you feel how much more relaxed you are then he is not around. ((HUGS))

Kate, I totally understand why your eating is all over the place. Stress will do that to you. I’m and emotional eater. Hope DH appointment goes well. (HHUGS))

Lisa, wow, 5 minutes! That’s great. I’ll keep my fingers crossed about the place. Hope you sell, sell, sell.

Rita, sorry to hear you went from one bad marriage to another. I believe it is best to get out of a bad marriage. You owe it to yourself. Think of all the years you have ahead of you that will be filled with abuse. Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse – the bruises just are on the inside. You are not your mother. You are your own individual self. Believe that you deserve better.

Cheri, I love the pic of you and your daughter. Id frame it as a Christmas gift to her.

Off to go get my hair cut. Back eating what I should be today. Will write again soon.

Terry in VT
    6fm5duezoikv.jpg
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    sorry the pic is sideways.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    List my post! Darn it!

Rita from Carlsbad NM
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Cheri Happy Anniversary!!! You and your daughter are gorgeous. Looking good, lady <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    sorry the pic is sideways.

Oh, that's beautiful. Love it, thanks for sharing. That would be so much fun if we lived close enough we could craft together. :)

Janetr OIKC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Laundry mat today. Never realized before my adventure how much is cost! Close to $20 a week!

All the Nexium talk has me worried. I have been taking it every day for over 5 years now. Doc told me I could get cancer from my GERD if I didn't treat it. Going to cut down to every other day and hopefully get rid of it eventually. Hoping that helps my memory problems.

Rita in Carlsbad Laundry. Moving to new area tomorrow.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cheri - love the pic! You look so healthy and happy. <3 Your daughter is so like you!

DH is having a bit of anxiety right now. Could it be because he is 72 tomorrow? ? ? :o For those who are new he is prone to anxiety from time to time. Sometimes it is a full blown panic attack in the night. He has stopped breathing before, it is so bad. At the moment it is not too bad, but keeping him awake.
    It is most likely this time because he got a birthday card/letter from his twin sister. She said she was having episodes of memory loss and her husband has had a pacemaker fitted. To cut a long story short, he only discovered that he had a twin when he was in his 40s. He was adopted separately from her. They met up, but he was very upset at the way her husband treated her and found her very passive and had done nothing with her life. It is difficult to have much of a conversation with her. We see her from time to time and she is very nice, but very indecisive and timid.
    I think his feelings are very conflicted and he feels frustrated with her. To hear she is having memory problems has upset him. He phoned her, but she wasn't at home.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Whoot! Rye and Felicia and all other "Losers"! Awesome news! I am slowly working my way back down. Less is good!
    Lisa, Joyce, and Rye- Love the cat pictures! I love cats. I think they are funnier than dogs; but also crazier in an evil way. If and when the time comes to get a pet, it will probably be a dog. Dogs don't attack you in the middle of the night as you get up to pee. I will enjoy other people's cats.
    Heather and others sharing your spice connections! - Thank you!
    Cheri - I know I have told you this before; and you probably hear it a lot (and it may bother your daughter) but the two of you look like two peas in a pod! Both gorgeous! Happy 34th Anniversary!

Just want to share a video of the spider shakers we made today. I copied the link instead of downloading it to the computer. We will see if it shows up this way...
    https://www.facebook.com/kelly.lamore.1/videos/pcb.1865037220177814/10155826824033221/?type=3&theater
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think that worked. I posted on a friend's fb page, because he very kindly supplied me with the cool containers to make the shakers. We just decorated them. His daughter is an elementary teacher and she is always looking for new crafts.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi once again. I have got to get in control of my life. I make such good plans and never follow through.

We had out-of-town company over the weekend; my BIL and SIL. It was nice to see them, but we had a crazy weekend. It didn't help that DH is still in a lot of pain. He did get the catheter out on Friday and things in that department are working well.

We had a flood in the kitchen last night; turns out the disposal is leaking, although "leak" doesn't quite describe it! So hopefully when I get home, we will have a new one!

After several rainy days, it is beautiful! What a gorgeous day...high about 70 and the sky is clear. I see drinks or something on the lanai (patio) tonight.

I bought a bracelet over the weekend that has, written in Tibetan, "All beings without negative energy". It really spoke to me and I have hardly taken it off.

I enjoy seeing all your posts and great photos. Thanks for being such a great thread. Take care Meg from Omaha where I really have to get something accomplished since I am in my office on a shut down day.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Okay, I think that worked. I posted on a friend's fb page, because he very kindly supplied me with the cool containers to make the shakers. We just decorated them. His daughter is an elementary teacher and she is always looking for new crafts.

It didn't work for me. Perhaps your friend has the video available only to his friends and/or your friends and not the general public?

Felicia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Cheri - I know I have told you this before; and you probably hear it a lot (and it may bother your daughter) but the two of you look like two peas in a pod! Both gorgeous! Happy 34th Anniversary!

Thanks so much! <3 It lifts my spirit that I can still look "young" at my age. Believe it or not she has inherited this too as she just turned 29 and is often treated as teenager! We went to a restaurant and the male cashier, teenager, was flirting with her and she did not have the heart to let him know she was much older than him. We had a good laugh when we got to our table. She and I are best friends and I wouldn't have it any other way. Going back for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving to help her close on and move into her first house. Exciting! :)

Cheri
    in much more acceptable temperatures Texas