WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Janet, glad you found your Fitbit.

Wendy, feeling your pain as we are a little low on funds right now as the property tax is due next month as trying to save.

Terry
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    If you'd like a copy of "Younger Next Year for Women", please send me a private message with your mailing address and I'll have it sent to you.

Love that book! I was just talking about it with my boss this morning. I have the Kindle edition. Highly recommend.

Lots of drama at work that has been consuming my time. One of my tasks is peacemaking, and I've been in high gear with that since Friday morning.

Much love to all.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,598 Member
    Heather - thank you for posting the happiness and inner peace reminders. I too printed them out. Thought of you yesterday - watched a TV show about Scotland and some of the wildlife there. Amazing we share so many of the same (or very similar) flora and fauna here in North America. Sorry to hear about your cancer friend - your group of girlfriends is a treasure, even with the frustrations. I have flown in "balsa wood" planes before over the Cascade Mountains. Kind of eerie to see peaks on either side of the plane. I didn't want to look out the window and closed my eyes most of the trip! But the pilot did an awesome job and that regional airline never had a mishap. :)

Chris - wow, sounds like a neat opportunity might be coming up for you. Even considering it is thrilling!!

Katla - good luck with your cleaner!! Did you and DH and your pup have to make yourselves scarce? I actually do miss not having a cleaner anymore, I am keeping up with it OK. But it was nice to have it all done in one day. Once the pup gets a little older and we are over all the dog illness/spaying stuff, I'll reconsider. Not sure that I'd go with the gal we used to have, but there's another one who doesn't live far away I might try.

Barbie
    - so glad you made it to the hospital early. With I-5 traffic, it's hard to judge how long the trip might take. Hope Jake is doing OK with his test. The sun just started shining down here (noonish)....fog finally lifted a few minutes ago. Hopefully Seattle is sunny today. B)

Betsy - oh shoot, what an ordeal. It's good the judge will settle things once and for all. As I was reading about your case, I quickly considered if there was anything we'd done that would eventually gum up our wills and make extra work and heartache for the executor. We had our wills done 5 years ago, probably time to review them and see if anything needs to be updated.

Janetr - good story about your Fitbit....glad it showed up. I happen to think it was a gremlin or elf having fun with you.

I stopped at the gym yesterday for a minute to see about kettlebells - there was a trainer there, "Joe" just hanging around that spent a few minutes with me and answered some questions. I wasn't impressed with him, he said he had clients that were elderly...some even older than me! He had to be pushing 60 himself. :# He wasn't a fan of kettlebells even though the gym has classes with them! I told him I'd been doing the Strong Women Stay Young program and described the different things I was doing...it went in one ear and out the other, and here I was proud of the progress I've made. :/

But, they do have a member services program I've never taken advantage of, and one of these days I'll get signed up - a gal demonstrates the machines, goes over goals, etc. They have trainers other than Joe.

The gal at the front desk then started telling me her mom was on a daily medicine for osteopenia, and how "elderly" people weren't supposed to do certain exercises holding their necks a certain way or do jumping and hopping exercises.

When I had my walk this morning, I even jogged a bit! Elderly lady my foot, lol. B)

Make it a good rest of the day!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Janet ~ So funny about the fit bit. Recently, we took our BnL out to dinner and he couldn't find his phone. We all looked at the entrance of the restaurant and even the waiter searched. We called his number several time hoping the ringing would help find it. At the end of the meal, he discovered the phone in his pocket. LOL
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Janet I can so relate, I searched a library shelf 3 times to find a certain file (music portfolio) someone else had looked as well. So I took a breath and said to myself, one more time, look for it one more time and voila I found it....How did I overlook it 3 previous times?

NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    We were unable to go to the fair today because they are only open Wednesday through Sunday!

Kettlebell Swing
    Morning workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing- 22X7X 35
    Evening workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X7X 35

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • fanncy0626
    Lanette- most of the gyms have aerobic type kettle bell classes. I would definitely not recommend them. Not any better than just doing aerobics with the ankle weights or wristweights. Anyone of you ladies should be able to do the type of kettle bell workout that I do. Once you try it and realize how easy it is and actually do it for the full five weeks to see the benefits you will be sold.

Janetr - I completely understand about your fit bit appearance and disappearance and reappearance… I can't find my deodorant! The day before yesterday it was my glasses!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    9afazcemzq9c.jpg
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    Heather- great job on the Kettlebell! You're always so inspirational with your dedication to exercise and eating healthy!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Lanette - wrote "Janetr - good story about your Fitbit....glad it showed up. I happen to think it was a gremlin or elf having fun with you."

I absolutely agree :)

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Thanks all for the Fitbit comments. I get so frustrated at myself for stuff like this. I try to go with "it is what it is" and move on, but seems like the last week has had me more frustrated more often. lol

Janetr OKC
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited October 2017
    Busy day today. Rushing here and there but all ready to head out for a concert. Schubert's Winterreise. I'm sure it will be lovely.

Painting the house tomorrow after my run.

Thursday I take four grandchildren to the theater to see Balloonacy. It's always fun to take the kids. I stick with age 6 and up to make life easier on me. lol Then I am helping a daughter repair her car. Yes seriously, we are repairing her car..... I expect it to be a hilarious adventure.

Friday watching grandchildren while my daughter is with her husband who is having surgery. First time the baby will be left at home. Should be fun as she's still nursing and basically hates food and refuses bottles. I'll survive. I have ear plugs. ;) Then Friday night I have a play with my husband.

A busy remainder of the week.

And Janet... I misplace my fitbit more than anybody on earth. I can be wearing it and wondering where it is. lol I think it's just part of having a fitbit.

Marcelyn
    with sore calves from her long run in Houston
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2017
    DJ- I love all of the Hallmark movies! Especially around Christmas time!

Janetr - I still haven't found my deodorant! I have no idea where that could be! Maybe the refrigerator?

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    well Im home, windy warm and rainy outside..
    did most of my bills... and just checking in with you.. I made a 4th yes 4th call to the Dr and have not heard back.. not to happy.. but hoping eventually to get through.. Didnt feel like eating when I got home, and not up for Bingo tonight.. so I am enjoying another mug of peppermint tea.. and will head to bed soon..
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Chris- my husband has been down to Tucson Arizona and he said it is wonderful! I love the weather in Arizona! 97° feels like 75°. I am looking forward to 15 days of sunshine in our upcoming forecast. You would absolutely love it here! We would be approximately two hours north of you in Goodyear Arizona. I would definitely make a trip to visit you!

[

Mary from Arizona

And I would definitely drive 2 hours north to visit you! It's a comfort to know I would have a friend in AZ.

Chris in MA
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Did well carb wise today so hopefully it will help get me to “onederland” soon !

7:30 and I’m already in bed so I stop eating for the day. Ran out of pearl cotton to continue stitching and keeping my hands busy so of course I’m thinking of food. So took some frozen grapes to bed with me and ready to pick up my book to do my daily reading. Best part of the day for me.

Checked and our gym at work has kettlebells so I’ll give them a try hopefully at lunch tomorrow. All the talk about them has me curiose. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Whenever I can’t find anything I just say “Mom, I need your help finding...”. 9 times out of 10 I then find what I’m looking for. This has happened ever since my mom died. Strange but true. Makes me feel like she is still close by.

Hope everyone has a good nights sleep.

Terry in bed in VT