• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn sorry for your frustration.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Today I am really going to the fair! It doesn't open until noon so I got my morning workout in. We will be back in time could you our evening work out. One reason I believe I am successful is that I make my workout a priority. I also found a workout that actually works for me with my lifestyle and wanting to work out at home. More important than working out I believe is a low-carb diet! However because I have achieved maintenance and continue with my workouts I pretty much can eat and drink whatever I want.

Kettlebell Swing
    Morning workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing- 22X7X 35
    Evening workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X7X 35
    Chest press-3X5X 35
    Modified-3X5X bodyweight

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Carol, I have to access the community page through the browser Safari that came on my iPad. When you get on it, bookmark it and it's simple to get here Avery day.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy International Artists Day!

“International Artists Day honors those creative souls that will leave a record of today for the future that can’t be captured in history books.” I have such respect for artists… I’m not un-creative, but I don’t really see things the way an artist does. I’m so glad there are people who do!

Lisa – I’m really glad you were able to be there for your sister.

Machka – That’s a very stylish hat for enjoying the races!

I guess our recent rain brought in some pollen and/or mold, because I woke up with a stuffy nose and an itchy throat this morning. Hope it’s allergies and not a cold! I had horrible allergies as a young adult – I’d have traded them for a cold any day because the allergies had me sick year-round. Once I got acclimated to the altitude and arid climate in New Mexico, my allergies pretty much went away. We’ve been back in Texas now for about ten years and although I’m starting to get some seasonal hay fever, the really severe allergies never have come back. (Knock on wood!) Our area is in multiple pollen belts and has very high pollen counts.

Wishing everyone a creative day.

-Yvonne in TX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ack, I feel your frustration, sending strength, that is so so frustrating. I've never used any of those id protection services.

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    M - love your hat.

I can get the Community on my tablet. This ability came when I downloaded the app.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Becca -we just saw a sign for"naked mountain winery. Is that a winery for nudists? Lol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Survived the day. :D Had to touch my bracelet quite a few times. Once I went to the toilet to renew my inner peace quotes . "Lack of interest in judging others" Our host does diffuse things quite a bit and she talks to him.
    I managed to limit my alcohol and hope I can do the same tomorrow.
    We had a great bbq in the "bbq hut" , a purpose built hut which is very popular in Scandinavia where it was made. There is a charcoal grill and chimney in the middle and you sit round it like a campfire. Very cosy, which is important in Scotland. :o Plus it keeps the midges off. I kept within my calories, so I'm pleased. Tomorrow I hope we will get a chance to walk a bit. We are going to a lunch time theatre with a "pie and a pint". Afterwards a garden or museum.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Heather~ glad you made it through the day...
    I am home and in jammies and tucked into bed.. just spoke with Tom and he had to give poor Chester a pain pill, going to the Vet tomorrow and i am sure they will tell us he needs another operation.. we will have to split the cost on this, but will have a chat with the Dr as she and her husband own the practice to see if we can get a 2 dog discount and because this will be hist 4th operation ,to cut us some slack.. I understand they have to make a living but even a little cut would be nice....
    have the windows open and no rain tonight so will sleep with them open..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies - Long day at work again today. I woke up at 1:15 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. It made for a really long day. Now I would like to go take a bath and get in my jammies but I have tree trimmers in the back yard. They didn't leave until 7 yesterday, so I'm guessing it will be a similar time tonight. Grrr. I have a feeling I'll be sound asleep by 9 tonight.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just popping in. Very busy but reading here and wanted to say hi. Intermittent fasting still seems to be doing the trick, and I feel much better than I did the previous months.

Does anyone have a particular Vitamin D supplement they recommend?

Cin Cin a tutti

Rye
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Carol, I’ll be following your floor story. I got two quotes for my kitchen floor along with a quote for retiling the bathrooms. We can’t afford either of them right now at that price. It was from Dalton Carpet One. We’re still waiting on a quote from a general contractor for the bathrooms and hardwood floors in the bedrooms and living room. I was looking at luxury vinyl sheet flooring and luxury vinyl planks for my kitchen. I really want the vinyl planks, but the bathrooms are most important, with hardwoods second, and kitchen last. We have enough for just the bathrooms if necessary, but I really want it all. My inner child had to be put in timeout on Saturday, and I’m sort of still pouting. Who was talking about tiling bathrooms? I picked out plain gray hexagons for the floor and shower wall, a matching subway tile for the tub surround, a glass mosaic for accents, and a fairly plain speckled gray mosaic for the shower floor. The tile sales woman came out to the house and helped me match the glass mosaic to the countertop and gave me suggestions after I told her what I liked. We will buy the tile from her, but probably will have someone else install it. Depends on the other estimates.

I think I’m on my last Fitbit. My Alta, which is a year old, is starting to give me syncing and charging issues. They cost too much not to last any longer than they do. I’m going to go with something cheaper and simpler that uses a watch battery. I’m going to baby this Alta along until it totally gives up the ghost, though. I’ve put myself on a spending freeze until this remodeling issue is settled, and I know how much we’ll need for that.

Barbie, I’m sending good thoughts your way for Jake’s tests, and Allie, the same to you for your dog’s issues.

There is more I wanted to say, but I can’t remember it all. I was 99 posts behind and really need to start taking notes as I read.

K

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just checking in.

Mary, I think my daughter and I are going to try the kettlebells. I’m not normally this dense but am not clear on what the details are for a kettlebell program. I’m a step-by-step kind of person so if you could point me to a specific program or video that would help. All the abbreviations are confusing. I’d like to start with just the kettlebells without lifting weights if that would work. I checked on the kettlebells at work and they only had 3, 8, and 10 lbs. I think if my daughter and I are going to do them at home I’ll have to buy some. Maybe start with 10lbs? Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate your patience with me.

Machka, love the hat!

Penny, hang tough girl and don’t let those nasty cravings win. Good for you for staying within calories.

Heather, good for you surviving the day. I’m sure it was a challenge.

Allie, sending good thoughts for Chester.

Barbie, hope Jake’s test goes well.

Stayed within my calories today and also did pretty good with carbs. Got some almonds to have for a snack and they seemed to satisfy. Down a smidgen today which made me happy. It’s not much but it’s going the right direction. If I go back up again tomorrow I’ll scream. Those pesky 3 lbs!

Well that’s about it for today. In bed and looking forward to my nightly reading.

Terry comfy in VT