Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, protein powder, mine aren't sweetened, and the plain is literally plain.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everybody for the plain powder info.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    @JerSchmare If you'd rather read.
    https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

I thought there was one on refeeds too but not coming up with it. It may be back in the first few pages.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I will NEVER watch this. Can someone summarize?

Oh and @JerSchmare, if you've been at a deficit for a while, diet break is where you should start anyway. This explains all: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

And yes, handy synopsis on p.6. There's a more recent one, but I forget which page.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

I thought there was one on refeeds too but not coming up with it. It may be back in the first few pages.

Dammit!!

Nope, no article on refeeds, we discuss them at length in the first several pages, but as I said, diet break is what Jer probably needs first, unless he's already done that.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »

Dammit!!

Nope, no article on refeeds, we discuss them at length in the first several pages, but as I said, diet break is what Jer probably needs first, unless he's already done that.

Agreed.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    ACV. With, uh, witch hazel/coffee/green tea/mud. And plastic wrap.

"You're killin' me, Smalls". That whole thread was hilarious!

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Takes me an absolute age to get rid of water weight, nothing I have tried has any significant impact. Sigh.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of you when that realisation hit. I was all, 'I know it's water, but what if it doesn't come off and I stay a blimp' ('cept with water instead of helium or whatever, no floating skywards for me!) :'(

That's pretty much where I am right now. Because ... yeah. Wits end, because surely water weight cannot hang around for this long.

My dietitian says it can six months to a year for things to completely settle out. There are no words to describe the face I made at her (the words out of my mouth at her were along the lines of "Oh hell no."). She said with a client she had where it took a year, she was impressed that they managed to not kill each other during that time.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Takes me an absolute age to get rid of water weight, nothing I have tried has any significant impact. Sigh.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of you when that realisation hit. I was all, 'I know it's water, but what if it doesn't come off and I stay a blimp' ('cept with water instead of helium or whatever, no floating skywards for me!) :'(

That's pretty much where I am right now. Because ... yeah. Wits end, because surely water weight cannot hang around for this long.

My dietitian says it can six months to a year for things to completely settle out. There are no words to describe the face I made at her (the words out of my mouth at her were along the lines of "Oh hell no."). She said with a client she had where it took a year, she was impressed that they managed to not kill each other during that time.

OMG, six months? That's really a long game.
  • collectingblues
    Options

OMG, six months? That's really a long game.

Hence my look at her of "WTF?!"
  • collectingblues
    Options
    I hate those days where despite following my protein targets, I am simply hungry All Stupid Day long.

I get the feeling that this is one of those "I'm going to hit TDEE whether or not I actually want to" sort of days. Because this is ridiculous.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I hate those days where despite following my protein targets, I am simply hungry All Stupid Day long.

I get the feeling that this is one of those "I'm going to hit TDEE whether or not I actually want to" sort of days. Because this is ridiculous.

Listen to your body, m'dear :)
  • collectingblues
    Options

Oh, I'm feeding it. I am not amused -- and every fiber of my brain is shouting "You'll never get the weight off at this rate!" -- but I am begrudgingly giving in.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Oh, I'm feeding it. I am not amused -- and every fiber of my brain is shouting "You'll never get the weight off at this rate!" -- but I am begrudgingly giving in.

Same, same.

I had to fight big time to (almost, missed by 89 cals) hit TDEE yesterday. But a big part of that was the nausea that came along for the ride with the afternoon flare.