Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

This decades “health woo”

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    lutzsher wrote: »
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Do you also consider diabetes T2 a fad disease ?
    All the cool people are doing it..

The "fad" is the trough sized portions that many have become accustom to that is causing so much of the population to have Type 2 diabetes.

I agree that this trend is a poor one but it certainly doesn't "cause" T2D. Nobody holds a gun to people's heads and make them go to those restaurants and eat those portions. The restaurants are only responding to market trends. One can always choose not to frequent those places. I don't personally.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    lutzsher wrote: »
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Do you also consider diabetes T2 a fad disease ?
    All the cool people are doing it..

The "fad" is the trough sized portions that many have become accustom to that is causing so much of the population to have Type 2 diabetes.

I agree that this trend is a poor one but it certainly doesn't "cause" T2D. Nobody holds a gun to people's heads and make them go to those restaurants and eat those portions. The restaurants are only responding to market trends. One can always choose not to frequent those places. I don't personally.

Somebody I work with bought a $100 pass to Olive Garden, all you can eat for two months. Here's eating two meals a day there. He's but even atoning for anything!