Weight loss woo keeps getting worse.

Options
YepItsKriss
YepItsKriss Posts: 732 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay.. so i thought i had seen it all.. i mean all my time here with people posting crazy cleanses and detox drinks, different pills, diets, etc..

So i was going through the main feed of my pinterest which i had been using to find recipes, however sometimes crazy things end up in the feed.. or at least i hope it's not just me lol

Anyway i happened to stumble upon this image surrounded in pictures of apple crumble and shrimp pasta recipes, cat pictures and fitness quotes.. and what looks like zombies LOL which ironically i've never searched for on pinterest either.

h3tqzxgd2zjg.png

The image took me here
https://www.healthyremediesteam.com/2017/08/15/consume-drink-sleeping-clear-colon-everything-youve-consumed-throughout-day/

and while this supposed colon emptying drink has the "tried and true" ACV... apparently this one is all about parsley..

Have we gotten to the point of weight loss now where not only do people think they need to detox and cleanse their body with ingredients that do absolutely nothing, but we also have to a completely empty colon daily?

The whole article is just terrible.. lol.. but this is actually my first run in with the magical properties of parsley.

(However i will be making that shrimp pasta)

Replies

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Is this really worse than those 3' long colon kelp tape thingies that were once a thing? Nothing is truly surprising anymore... sadface...
  • jtnkkm
    jtnkkm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is so hard
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I get these things on my pinterest all the time. They make me giggle. All you need to have epic poop is spend some quality time on prescription morphine! (trust me... I had to fight them with a stick) tmi, I know.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a mess of bad diet information. It's actually comical at this point.

I never even glance at the front page anymore, I just enter my search terms and pretend that crap doesn't exist. I mostly use it for party planning (they have some great ideas for Halloween cocktails, decorations and stuff) or oddly, finding good NPC portraits for my Dungeon and Dragons campaigns...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Colonoscopy preps do that. No way would I want to do that just because........

ACV the new colon prep
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Whenever you look up weight loss or healthy recipes there will always be someone screaming about a cleanse of some kind. A juice cleanse, a soup diet or something like that. Or you have to eat clean in order to lose weight, or vegan.

Or the other suggestion is intermittent fasting. I have seen that it does help to lose some weight if it's done correctly, but not everyone can do intermittent fasting.

(Also if you have the shrimp pasta recipe I would love to try it!)