Weight loss woo keeps getting worse.

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh, hey! I forgot about this thread. I already posted about fat-burning ice cream in the Nutrition forum, but here ya go.

http://rebelcreamery.com
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, hey! I forgot about this thread. I already posted about fat-burning ice cream in the Nutrition forum, but here ya go.

http://rebelcreamery.com

Oh FFS. Just imagine the people eating that stuff by the gallon and then wondering why they're gaining weight.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at the article you posted, so I'm not sure of everything it was claiming about parsley, but...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24660617

Parsley: a review of ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry and biological activities.

OBJECTIVE:
    To summarize comprehensive information concerning ethnomedicinal uses, phytochemistry, and pharmacological activities of parsley.

METHODS:
    Databases including PubMed, Scopus, Google Scholar, and Web of Science were searched for studies focusing on the ethnomedicinal use, phytochemical compounds and biological and pharmacological activities of parsley. Data were collected from 1966 to 2013. The search terms were: "Parsley" or "Petroselinum crispum" or "Petroselinum hortence".

RESULTS:
    Parsley has been used as carminative, gastro tonic, diuretic, antiseptic of urinary tract, anti-urolithiasis, anti-dote and anti-inflammatory and for the treatment of amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, gastrointestinal disorder, hypertension, cardiac disease, urinary disease, otitis, sniffle, diabetes and also various dermal disease in traditional and folklore medicines. Phenolic compounds and flavonoids particularly apigenin, apiin and 6"-Acetylapiin; essential oil mainly myristicin and apiol; and also coumarins are the active compounds identified in Petroselinum crispum. Wide range of pharmacological activity including antioxidant, hepatoprotective, brain protective, anti-diabetic, analgesic, spasmolytic, immunosuppressant, anti-platelet, gastroprotective, cytoprotective, laxative, estrogenic, diuretic, hypotensive, antibacterial and antifungal activities have been exhibited for this plant in modern medicine.

>>>

According to the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, maybe there might be a little something to what they were saying... On the other hand, it is extremely high in vitamin K and, obviously, consuming too much can be dangerous.
  • sgtx81
    Options
    litoria wrote: »
    Imagine a world where everyone had a basic level of science literacy? This whole industry would go broke!

I'm not sure I could envision such a world.
  • sgtx81
    Options
    Eh, it doesn't really matter anyway... no one ever looks. Have a good night.