Weight loss woo keeps getting worse.

Replies

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Oh, hey! I forgot about this thread. I already posted about fat-burning ice cream in the Nutrition forum, but here ya go.

http://rebelcreamery.com

I can’t even...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Oh, hey! I forgot about this thread. I already posted about fat-burning ice cream in the Nutrition forum, but here ya go.

http://rebelcreamery.com

I can’t even...

I tried. Couldn't either.
  • lichn
    lichn Posts: 36 Member
    katnadreau wrote: »
    Y'all....I saw a bottle of "Detox Apple Cider vinegar" that has cinnamon, honey, and lemon in it, with the mother. I'm not sure what infuriated me more...that this existed, or that there was only one left on the shelf. It's also about 3 times as much as a the bottle of regular apple cider vinegar next to it. What a sad waste of money.

Throw in some olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper and that would make a great salad dressing!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Sairzie wrote: »
    Ah I've had such a laugh reading through this thread! I work in healthcare and a large amount of my job is diet and exercise advice to healthy people and those with long term chronic health problems. And some of the ideas/excuses I get! Last week topped it all....someone who was utterly convinced the 30+ units of alcohol, the twice weekly fried breakfasts and the daily multiple chocolate bars were not the problem to his obesity.

The reason he was obese was because his wife refused to make him daily fruit smoothies.

No plans to cut any bad habits, change how he ate/moved. Not even the plan to make his own damn smoothie! Nope...it was all because he didn't have a daily smoothie....miracle drink of weight loss!

NB. I like smoothies. I partake of the odd smoothie. I do not believe they are made of unicorns kisses and fairy weight loss dust.

Well there's the problem! They're made of unicorn farts and fairy weight loss dust. You're doing it wrong!! Your welcome. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be at goal weight in a few weeks now!

Also TMI I know....but the lovely stomach bug my darling patients have passed onto me also is an effective, if not recommended, detox! 3lb down in just a few days.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Ah I've had such a laugh reading through this thread! I work in healthcare and a large amount of my job is diet and exercise advice to healthy people and those with long term chronic health problems. And some of the ideas/excuses I get! Last week topped it all....someone who was utterly convinced the 30+ units of alcohol, the twice weekly fried breakfasts and the daily multiple chocolate bars were not the problem to his obesity.

The reason he was obese was because his wife refused to make him daily fruit smoothies.

No plans to cut any bad habits, change how he ate/moved. Not even the plan to make his own damn smoothie! Nope...it was all because he didn't have a daily smoothie....miracle drink of weight loss!

NB. I like smoothies. I partake of the odd smoothie. I do not believe they are made of unicorns kisses and fairy weight loss dust.

Well there's the problem! They're made of unicorn farts and fairy weight loss dust. You're doing it wrong!! Your welcome. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be at goal weight in a few weeks now!

Also TMI I know....but the lovely stomach bug my darling patients have passed onto me also is an effective, if not recommended, detox! 3lb down in just a few days.

I did that cleanse a couple of years ago. Quickest 6lbs I ever lost. Most miserable too.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    "When the last lion roars at the last dusty fountain and the last eagle soars over the last crumbling mountain, in the shadow of the forest though she may be old and worn, in the distance hear her laughing, it's the last unicorn!"

Sorry, a reference to the last unicorn made me think of this song. It was my favorite movie as a kid.

As you can see, I have nothing substantive to add to this discussion.

Just chiming in to say me too on The Last Unicorn! It's on the list with Labyrinth, the Dark Crystal, and the Neverending Story of favorite childhood fantasy movies to watch with my kids...

Throw in Princess Bride. I'd forgotten about The Last Unicorn. Excuse me, I have a date with Amazon.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2017
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The unicorns never truly went away. They just retreated to a mythical oasis from which they can observe those left behind. If one is lucky, they can see the rainbows created then they piss themselves laughing at the foolishness of mortals.

They're in Scotland, so magical a country the national animal is a unicorn. Just another reason us Scots are cool AF.

And dragons in Wales! And giants in Northern Ireland!

• MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The unicorns never truly went away. They just retreated to a mythical oasis from which they can observe those left behind. If one is lucky, they can see the rainbows created then they piss themselves laughing at the foolishness of mortals.

They're in Scotland, so magical a country the national animal is a unicorn. Just another reason us Scots are cool AF.

And dragons in Wales! And giants in Northern Ireland!

And chupacabras in the USA!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    "When the last lion roars at the last dusty fountain and the last eagle soars over the last crumbling mountain, in the shadow of the forest though she may be old and worn, in the distance hear her laughing, it's the last unicorn!"

Sorry, a reference to the last unicorn made me think of this song. It was my favorite movie as a kid.

As you can see, I have nothing substantive to add to this discussion.

Just chiming in to say me too on The Last Unicorn! It's on the list with Labyrinth, the Dark Crystal, and the Neverending Story of favorite childhood fantasy movies to watch with my kids...

I am sorry, but that movie is absolutely freaking freaky. I yield to no one in my affection for Rankin Bass productions, but I first watched this as an adult, and as a married woman with some experience in identifying different body parts, can assure you, those are not bosoms on that tree.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I did some binge searching on Pinterest a month or so back, looking for Chanel suits and French fashion. The quality of suggested pins went way up after that.