Enlighten us about the creeps and their MO

Options
beingmore1
beingmore1 Posts: 3,131 Member
edited October 2017 in Chit-Chat
I've often wondered what is the criteria for receiving creepy messages? Or for being asked, "hey whats your kik?" I often read on the forums how so many women say they are constantly receiving creepy messages or unsolicited d pics, etc. or being hounded for their "kik". I have been on here a lot of years and maybe only got, four or so creepy messages from random strangers. (my friends are all total creeps and everything they say is spooky creepy, but that doesn't count ;) ). And no unsolicited d pics either. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for any. I don't have kik, I have snapchat for my kids, and I am just honestly curious about why some women seem to get hundreds of these messages and others maybe receive none or just a few. Some of the chicks I've seen complaining about it over the years aren't, shall we say.......gorgeous. Some are. Do you think these dudes pick women they think are desperate? Thirsty? Hot? Easy? Are some women exaggerating? What do you think? And why don't men seem to complain about it? I'd assume women may send some creepy stuff. Does it not bother the men as much? Enlighten me with your opinions.

EDIT TO ADD...no blasting, no accusing, etc.

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I can't wait for the victim blaming to begin :D

I've only received one creepy message. I'm equally interested to see what everyone has to say.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I can't wait for the victim blaming to begin :D

I've only received one creepy message. I'm equally interested to see what everyone has to say.

I said sorry :(
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are constantly received.. I get some for sure, but given Im loud , forward and occasionally rude in public I get why ..So I don't get all bent out of shape by them.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I seem to get them more when I have a real picture up or if I have posted something pervy on a thread and the lurkers take it as an invitation to start messaging. It is not an open invitation, it is a joke. No one should take anything said out here in chit chat land seriously.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I had a few come to me complaining about this and i kinda got a lil mad about it then thought i may be.being mislead but as for me i have more gay guys message me than females....i have only had a few explicit messages from women.....but atleast 1 a day from a guy which is just nasty
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I think most women who are new and post in the selfie thread right away get pounced on almost immediately.

Women who use an actual photo of themselves tend to get more. Probably because of the ‘everyone is a dude on the internet’ rule.

I got quite a few messages and FRs after I posted in the velfie thread. Maybe women who don’t shower or wear deo seem more approachable. :smirk: But I have noticed and others have said it too that if you post any kind of selfie, it’s like a siren.

I’ve seen several methods. The straight up ‘hey send me nudes’ :lol: or the outright compliments paired with an offer to talk suggestively. I lump those together because the motive is transparent. But there was one guy who wrote when I was fairly new and he was extremely friendly and flirtatious even after I said I was married and stuff. I found out later that he does it to every new girl and he scores a lot of nudes that way. So charm is the second way.

I have posted in the selfie thread. I've even posted cleavage shots back in the day. I honestly don't remember getting any extra creepy messages because of this. I am not a ten but I would't say I'm a zero either. Lets just face it, I've seen low 3's complaining about it and I'd say I rate in there somewhere. So, this leads me to my original question...how come some people get them and others don't?

Because some appear given the general feel of their posts on forums that they'd be amiable to it..
    I seem to get them more when I have a real picture up or if I have posted something pervy on a thread and the lurkers take it as an invitation to start messaging. It is not an open invitation, it is a joke. No one should take anything said out here in chit chat land seriously.

This..agreed
  • jcstevens86
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    Also side question....does it make me a meanie that I use a phrase like "I've seen low 3's?"

Not at all call it how u see it...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Posting selfies is #1, and #2 is posting something revealing about yourself for people to fantasize about.

What kind of things are revealing?
  • jcstevens86
    Options
    I only use this app....no fb no twitter no ig none of it and i literally see females complain more about creepy messages and d pix here than any of the old apps i used....hell u go on my timeline right now and its atleast 2 low 3s lol postin pix in there thong then complain about messages....wut u expect ya dumb heffa smh
This discussion has been closed.