Enlighten us about the creeps and their MO

Options

Replies

• LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Posting selfies is #1, and #2 is posting something revealing about yourself for people to fantasize about.

What kind of things are revealing?

That you haven't showered and need a good scrubbin'/application of the D.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I think most women who are new and post in the selfie thread right away get pounced on almost immediately.

Women who use an actual photo of themselves tend to get more. Probably because of the ‘everyone is a dude on the internet’ rule.

I got quite a few messages and FRs after I posted in the velfie thread. Maybe women who don’t shower or wear deo seem more approachable. :smirk: But I have noticed and others have said it too that if you post any kind of selfie, it’s like a siren.

I’ve seen several methods. The straight up ‘hey send me nudes’ :lol: or the outright compliments paired with an offer to talk suggestively. I lump those together because the motive is transparent. But there was one guy who wrote when I was fairly new and he was extremely friendly and flirtatious even after I said I was married and stuff. I found out later that he does it to every new girl and he scores a lot of nudes that way. So charm is the second way.

I have posted in the selfie thread. I've even posted cleavage shots back in the day. I honestly don't remember getting any extra creepy messages because of this. I am not a ten but I would't say I'm a zero either. Lets just face it, I've seen low 3's complaining about it and I'd say I rate in there somewhere. So, this leads me to my original question...how come some people get them and others don't?

I’m no ten either and I tend to post some really unflattering things about myself so that part is a mystery to me.

But like @RunHardBeStrong said, I think forum flirtiness is misread. I can be outrageous in the forums but it’s a joke, not who I really am.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    It's an interesting question from my perspective. I've been here since January and posted off and on in the selfie threads, other photo threads and sometimes over in the Fun and Games (although those threads move super fast so I rarely go anymore). I don't think I've gotten any overtly creepy or sexually explicit messages since being here.

Quite a few friend requests from men and women and most of the guys that talk to me are polite, sometimes say kinky things, but nothing I would consider overtly creepy. So far, my experience of people here has been a positive one.

Maybe I'm down there on the totem pole of looks or something and that's why I don't experience this problem? I dunno.

However, compared to other places I've dwelt on the Internet, y'all ain't even approaching creepy. :P
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I think most women who are new and post in the selfie thread right away get pounced on almost immediately.

Women who use an actual photo of themselves tend to get more. Probably because of the ‘everyone is a dude on the internet’ rule.

I got quite a few messages and FRs after I posted in the velfie thread. Maybe women who don’t shower or wear deo seem more approachable. :smirk: But I have noticed and others have said it too that if you post any kind of selfie, it’s like a siren.

I’ve seen several methods. The straight up ‘hey send me nudes’ :lol: or the outright compliments paired with an offer to talk suggestively. I lump those together because the motive is transparent. But there was one guy who wrote when I was fairly new and he was extremely friendly and flirtatious even after I said I was married and stuff. I found out later that he does it to every new girl and he scores a lot of nudes that way. So charm is the second way.

I have posted in the selfie thread. I've even posted cleavage shots back in the day. I honestly don't remember getting any extra creepy messages because of this. I am not a ten but I would't say I'm a zero either. Lets just face it, I've seen low 3's complaining about it and I'd say I rate in there somewhere. So, this leads me to my original question...how come some people get them and others don't?

I’m no ten either and I tend to post some really unflattering things about myself so that part is a mystery to me.

But like @RunHardBeStrong said, I think forum flirtiness is misread. I can be outrageous in the forums but it’s a joke, not who I really am.

I am not saying this is about you at all but.... do you think some of the creeps are targeting women that may seem a little more....how can I say it without sounding mean, since that isn't my intention...but maybe women who might not be getting attention IRL?

Ding ding....these broads get no attention at home and seek it here

How exactly does one determine that solely from photos and online interaction, though? I mean, unless they explicitly come out and say they aren't getting any attention, that is.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    lmao! damn @caco_ethes is not showering and no deo your legacy here? :D

Damn straight
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Posting selfies is #1, and #2 is posting something revealing about yourself for people to fantasize about.

What kind of things are revealing?

That you haven't showered and need a good scrubbin'/application of the D.

That is not revealing! Be serious, what are actual things.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I am not saying this is about you at all but.... do you think some of the creeps are targeting women that may seem a little more....how can I say it without sounding mean, since that isn't my intention...but maybe women who might not be getting attention IRL?

How exactly does one determine that solely from photos and online interaction, though? I mean, unless they explicitly come out and say they aren't getting any attention, that is.

Its based off what i see on my timeline...
  • jcstevens86
    Options

well i'm sure this is the case for some, but I'm talking about those who are not overtly seeking attention here but say they receive a bunch of creepy messages. Are the creeps targeting them because the creeps think these women must be "wanting" attention or easy targets.

Creeps are creeps they target what they want i guess lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I don't post selfies, never post in fun & games, and only get them when I've been bored-posting in Chit Chat. That said, I've had more than a few but I don't get bent out of shape about it. They usually comment about my username, and throw in something about pretty dresses. A little originality once in a while would be refreshing :lol:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I got more of the messages you are describing when I first started. I don't know if it was because I was new, or because I spent a lot of time in fun and games. I very rarely get any now.

To be fair, I have only ever had maybe 3 or 4 messages that creeped me out, others were just politely inquiring about various things.

I hope I don't come across as desperate, thirsty and easy!

I'll bet there are lots of creepy women here too, I really wonder what those messages are like!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Its based off what i see on my timeline...

Fair enough, I just don't understand how that translates in the forums unless the woman (in this instance) is somehow transmitting desperation or loneliness via texts. My time line is pretty quiet. People posting about their days or really bad (but funny) puns and jokes.
  • jcstevens86
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I got more of the messages you are describing when I first started. I don't know if it was because I was new, or because I spent a lot of time in fun and games. I very rarely get any now.

To be fair, I have only ever had maybe 3 or 4 messages that creeped me out, others were just politely inquiring about various things.

I hope I don't come across as desperate, thirsty and easy!

I'll bet there are lots of creepy women here too, I really wonder what those messages are like!

You dont wanna know trust me lol
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different fetishes too. It's all what a creeper likes.

For example, if I had a foot/sock mismatch fetish, @beingmore1 is fair game.

@caco_ethes if I like anime.

@Vikka_V if I like a blood sucker.

The list goes on.
This discussion has been closed.