Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TL;DR someone sum up everything for me.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've got to agree with some that it probably has to do with how flirty one is. Not saying its right, but I assume if people are on here trolling, you're going to try for the girl/guy who seems most open to it. Looks would probably help too, and not necessarily good looks, more like the "yes I'll bed you in a instant look". Now as I guy I'm pretty luck because other than annoying emails for dating girls or cam requests I never get any crazy or creepy messages. I feel for you ladies!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

Creepy is subjective (possibly predicated by the attractiveness of supposed 'creeper'). Women who say they get creepy messages are humble bragging. Kik is out, snapchat's where it's at.

Nice summary. Sounds like it's accurate. Can anyone confirm this? I like to validate my results because:

1ju7b3grla9d.gif
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Creepy is subjective (possibly predicated by the attractiveness of supposed 'creeper'). Women who say they get creepy messages are humble bragging. Kik is out, snapchat's where it's at.

Nice summary. Sounds like it's accurate. Can anyone confirm this? I like to validate my results because:

1ju7b3grla9d.gif

Accurate
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I think most women who are new and post in the selfie thread right away get pounced on almost immediately.

Women who use an actual photo of themselves tend to get more. Probably because of the ‘everyone is a dude on the internet’ rule.

I got quite a few messages and FRs after I posted in the velfie thread. Maybe women who don’t shower or wear deo seem more approachable. :smirk: But I have noticed and others have said it too that if you post any kind of selfie, it’s like a siren.

I’ve seen several methods. The straight up ‘hey send me nudes’ :lol: or the outright compliments paired with an offer to talk suggestively. I lump those together because the motive is transparent. But there was one guy who wrote when I was fairly new and he was extremely friendly and flirtatious even after I said I was married and stuff. I found out later that he does it to every new girl and he scores a lot of nudes that way. So charm is the second way.

Fresh meat!!

I see the men pounced upon as well. I will pounce on my guy friends sometimes if I see them take a selfie. Maybe i am a cougar. Cougars pounce don't they?

Well they don't lift their legs to pee, I know that.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I read those complaints as humblebrags.

As for messages I've received here...it's entirely dependent on a) what thread I posted in (Chit Chat is where all the creepers are lurking) and b) what I have for my profile pic. I once purposely changed it to a headless shot of me in my bikini and went into Chit Chat. I got several messages and friend requests...just because I was half naked.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't really post a lot... more of a lurker. I never get creepy messages and I'm enjoying it that way, lol.

I think it does have a lot to do with the posts you interact with. I'd assume if you're interacting with a post like "Date, Marry, Kill," you're going to see a lot more people looking to flirt. Not that there is anything wrong with those kind of posts... it's just that they seem to sometimes draw in the creeps.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    If a women posts anything about sex, or any bit of a suggestive pic (or even just a pic) guys start looking like this.

moths-around-a-street-light-puerto-vallarta.jpg

That said, women kinda do the same, but to a lesser extent.

As for creepy messages. I have received a few. Some had pic/vid links. I've entertained a few of them talking and it's all cool. But unless there was some drunk messages, I don't recall ever send any pics or vids. Though, again, maybe a few creepy messages to people I know.

I would never, out of the blue, send a suggestive message to anyone.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @newmeadow wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    But there was one guy who wrote when I was fairly new and he was extremely friendly and flirtatious even after I said I was married and stuff. I found out later that he does it to every new girl

I never got one of those when I was new. What a basterd.

Because I though you were a dude. #ChangeYourAv
  • LotsOfTaterTots
    LotsOfTaterTots Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I took around 45 minutes to read through this through my morning and i am very new to the Internet and this is all very surprising to me. I can not believe that people have the time to sit and send insulting messages to one another. It must be humiliating to receive a message like this but it must be very shameful to be the one sending them!
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    A couple things.... I had a friend who used to be on MFP and in the forums who did an experiment and changed his profile pic to an attractive woman and got ridiculous numberw of FRs and messages

I’m intrigued and wish to hear more!

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through this whole thread but I've received my share of creepy messages. Not sure how I was picked. I suppose it's random. I don't think I give off that vulnerable or "in need of validation" vibe but I have received some nonetheless. It doesn't really bother me or offend me. It makes for fun stories and good laughs. I'm not entertaining thatshit but I'll put you on blast and that's always fun so if you're going to send me a creepy message do it at your own risk. *evil laugh*
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i’ve literally never received a creepy message, idk why

Me either. However, I assume it's because I look sort of creepy with a beard, and what's the fun in bothering someone who also looks creepy?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    There are a few people in here that have sent me creepy messages. Also some that have requested nudes. I of course sent them.

You must be an MFP premium member.
This discussion has been closed.