Enlighten us about the creeps and their MO

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I get FR's from guys and gals who are never on the forums. When I question how they found me they come back with some generic response.

DECLINE

I always decline FRs if I haven’t seen them post and sometimes even if I see them post but they have no profile pic. Which is too bad because I think some people feel too shy or intimidated to participate. But you can’t be too careful. I mean.. I can’t risk adding someone I know IRL. :lol:

Also as to what’s creepy- yes, complete strangers wanting to sext is creepy. But people on my FL sending a message? Not creepy.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've always actually wondered this myself when seeing all of those posts about receiving creepy messages. I've been here everyday for a few years. I don't post in the forums a ton but I did post a selfie once and have posted on some threads in chit chat/fun and games in the past. I think i've only received about 4 actually vulgar creepy messages (well one time was multiple messages from one creepy guy who then found and started messaging me on IG after I blocked him here) and maybe a handful of messages from guys that start out pretty innocent and then lead to the whole "kik" or whatever suggestion. I guess I always just assumed that women were exaggerating about the messages they received.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I think all the creepy stuff people used to do on here and KIK have moved it to snapchat.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a few creepers. What does 'kik' mean?
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

It means we're old :cry: lol
    (I didn't know what it was either)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

It means we're old :cry: lol
    (I didn't know what it was either)

haha...as soon as I wrote that I felt old. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm a 95 year old women trapped in the body of a forty-something.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever received a creepy/pervy message, and I've been on (and off) this app for almost 7 years. Guess I'm not hot enough? I honestly don't know what I would rank as, but probably pretty low. Idk, the internet is a strange place.
    I've made some cool friends, though.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Been using MFP for about 3 years. I don't know if some people exaggerate about creepy attentions they receive.
    I personally have not gotten creepy messages. I''m 43 not 23 years old. I don't post pictures. I haven't started many threads. I don't ask for friends or accept a lot of friend requests. I'm not very flirty, chatty or fun on the boards I suppose.
    I have gotten a few messages from people wanting to sell me stuff.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've also received a few messages from strangers that gave me the vibe that they wanted ME to say something creepy. I didn't, obviously. I'm not willing to make that mistake :D

ETA- maybe creepy isn't the right word
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've never received a creepy message. But I also don't posts pics, tit popping selfies or desperately flirt with the guys like a horny school girl either. So I consider myself lucky.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @81Katz wrote: »
    I've never received a creepy message. But I also don't posts pics, tit popping selfies or desperately flirt with the guys like a horny school girl either. So I consider myself lucky.

What can we do to change that?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I've also received a few messages from strangers that gave me the vibe that they wanted ME to say something creepy. I didn't, obviously. I'm not willing to make that mistake :D

Dang...you picked up on that huh? Sorry :(
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

Not you, girl with the terrible name. lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I agree, it’s a TERRIBLE name. Great name for a pet, terrible for her. @pudgy1977 you gotta change it.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I agree, it’s a TERRIBLE name. Great name for a pet, terrible for her. @pudgy1977 you gotta change it.

That's funny because it is after my childhood dog Pudgy
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

But willing to take suggestions....(Be nice!)
This discussion has been closed.