November 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    interestingly, Garmin clocked my best pace for this run at 0:27 min/mi. Yes, you read that right...133.2 mph.

@garygse I thought my 57 sec/km were impressive. Every once in a while our loved electronics go off the rail and for no apparent reason. I think mine was caused by Powerline Interference as part of the bush trail was right under a large Multi conductor ( 9 ) Powerline.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Goal this month is for 100 miles. I had knee surgery a couple of years ago and haven't done much running prior to the last couple of months. I'm hoping it's up for long distance runs and it's been pretty good so far. With that in mind, I'm starting a marathon training program for Little Rock Marathon in the spring - it was my first ever 6 years ago.

5 miles this morning.

Upcoming Race - Turkey Trot 8 miler
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent @girlinahat I can do that. I was thinking about writing about my coaching call, if that would interest anyone.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    First day of November is a rest day, as tonight is bowling night. I won't even be able to get my lunch walk done today because I'm supposed to have lunch with my co-workers today. Feh! I'm going to turn into a mushy lump.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 8 miles

8 of 100 miles

exercise.png
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    1/11 2.3m run

totals 2.3m/40m

Woke far too early this morning but didn't actually use the opportunity to get up and do a longer run, which is stupid - WHY didn't I?

Anyway, did a 25 minute run listening to the Zombies run App. Was thinking of using it to give me cues for fartlek sprints, but not sure how it's going to work. Need to set up a playlist otherwise it will drag random things from my phone, and Nick Cave, Johnny Cash, Count Basie and Bellowhead aren't necessarily runnable tunes.....

Hoping to go do a club run tomorrow night - not met up with them for a long time, so it'll be good to get out in the muddy woods in the dark for a session.

And a Crossfit taster class booked for Friday!! I may not move all weekend after that.....

races planned
    4th Nov - Gordano Long Half Round -DEFERRED TO 2018

10th March - Larmer 10mile
    18th March - Forest of Dean Spring Half
    12th May - Ox Frolic (12 Hour, do-as-many-laps-as-you-can)
    23rd June - Giant's Head Marathon
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @ddmom0811 that was terrible for sure. The key take-away from that is situational awareness. Never let your guard down. Always know what's around you. Trust your gut and avoid situations that don't seem right. I've drilled our kids on those principals since they became teens.

@shanaber I think you'll have better luck reaching 75 miles than keeping up with this thread! I know I won't be able to with two trips and Thanksgiving coming up.

@MNLittleFinn I'd be interested in your training thread. I may not comment much, but I'd read it. It would be interesting to compare my self-made plan for the 50M to the your coaches 100M plan. I'd prefer a separate thread because I'm not always able to keep up with this one. It would also keep this thread slightly shorter for those who may not be interested. You could include a link to the thread in your list of races to make it easy for others to find it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn I'd be interested in your training thread. I may not comment much, but I'd read it. It would be interesting to compare my self-made plan for the 50M to the your coaches 100M plan. I'd prefer a separate thread because I'm not always able to keep up with this one. It would also keep this thread slightly shorter for those who may not be interested. You could include a link to the thread in your list of races to make it easy for others to find it.
    You hit right on why I was looking at doing another thread. My other option was to just put things in the blog I just started and just let folks know when there's a new post.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    11/1 = 10 miles

So, a runner passed me this morning at dark o’thirty wearing a ski mask and black running gear. It is cold for Texas but not THAT cold - 53 degrees. I turned and looked at him as he started zooming past and it scared me so bad I almost had a heart attack. He looked like a freakin’ mugger! Who runs in a ski mask? Geesh

10/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    11/11 = New Braunfels Half Marathon
    11/23 = Georgetown Turkey Trot
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @greenolivetree you got this!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have a week off working coming this month so really, I can do this!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    You hit right on why I was looking at doing another thread. My other option was to just put things in the blog I just started and just let folks know when there's a new post.

I think the blog idea is great.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...I CAN DO 40 THIS MONTH...

YOU CAN DO IT!! W00T!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

I think the blog idea is great.

since it's already up and running, it's not hard to just post there. My only thing is that I was going to just do race reports there, and now I'm not sure how much is too much...LOL
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Goal this month is (again) 100 miles. Also, to do a better job keeping up with y'all. Life has gotten so busy both at work and at home, I'm having a hard time getting here.

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Thanks @PastorVincent :)

@amymoreorless the ski mask would freak me out too!

@garygse Harnessing your super power I see :p
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Glad to hear your daughter is safe!

I finished off October at 110 miles, which included the Chicago Marathon and associated recovery :) Currently training for a Half at the end of November, so my goal for the month is 135 miles!

Also I put my name in the lottery yesterday for the 2018 Chicago Marathon! Fingers crossed...

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    Space Coast Half Marathon - 11/26/17
    Jingle Bell Run 5K - 12/09/17
    Excalibur 10 Miler - 03/18/18