WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Pat and Dear Husband))) ~ Hugs and wishing for a quick recovery.

Michele ~ I don't know what all you put in your stuffing, but, could you freeze it and let it unthaw on the trip and bake after you arrive? I personally grew up on the Southern Cornbread dressing and my family loves it. My SnL makes bread stuffing and it is also tasty. I tried to make it one time but it didn't come out too well.

Lisa ~ I bet Egg and the other cat will quickly become friends.

Carol in GA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)<3Pat, sending hugs to you and your husband after that surgical ordeal.

:)<3Lisa, hugs to you and your hubby and Egg getting used to your new environment

:)Allie, for the sake of your finances, you are fortunate to be comfortable at 65 degrees. We keep our house at 68 and I still have to wear many layers to stay warm enough.

:o Jake got up early and talked to me most of the way through my breakfast. I love his company, but my early morning is usually my quiet alone time.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Pat - That must have been a very stressful few days. HUGS. <3<3

Well, I buckled down and did my tax return this morning. It's in the post now. I may still have to pay a fine, but at least it's done. Horrible to see how tiny my income is. :noway:

Got a text from DDIL thanking me for my good luck card. I knew she would love it (it's also a hand painted book marker) as she is very good herself at thank you letters etc. :D

The estate agent came to collect the key. The brochure should be ready for us to view later today. He talked to us for quite a while to explain how he saw negotiations going and so he could gauge where we were coming from. I think he was preparing us for lower potential offers. :o:| We are trying not to make the mistake this time of getting our hearts set on something in Hove, but we do need a decent price so as to be able to buy something. He said he could do negotiating down there for us to obtain a lower price to get a deal done. It's all such a tricky business and it makes me uneasy. That's why we pulled out last time as I couldn't stand all the shenanigans.

Going to start a bit of packing this pm. We haven't got to leave until after an early lunch.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Thx for the congrats on the marathon, I'm very proud of kirby. I could have ran a lot quicker, but it wasn't about me, I was just running with him to support him. Yogi and Halle would b a cute pair for sure. Tomorrow we start out to work. Riding to the gym in the dark and coming home in the dark

Yucko for riding to or from work in the dark!!! I was telling my husband the other day of Kirby's story and after all he went thru he ran another marathon. He's certainly quite an example to the rest of us and a helluva trooper. Congrats to both of you.

Janetr OKC

Thx, a lady we were talking to said that I should tell his story to runners world magazine. I just might
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Thx for the congrats on the marathon, I'm very proud of kirby. I could have ran a lot quicker, but it wasn't about me, I was just running with him to support him. Yogi and Halle would b a cute pair for sure. Tomorrow we start out to work. Riding to the gym in the dark and coming home in the dark

Yucko for riding to or from work in the dark!!! I was telling my husband the other day of Kirby's story and after all he went thru he ran another marathon. He's certainly quite an example to the rest of us and a helluva trooper. Congrats to both of you.

Janetr OKC

Thx, a lady we were talking to said that I should tell his story to runners world magazine. I just might

Pip - for those of us new here, what is Kirby's story? Has he recovered from and injury or illness?

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Ample Time Day!

"National Ample Time Day is a day dedicated to reflecting on one's priorities, daily structure, and health, in an effort to create more than enough time in a day to complete necessary tasks, and to live a more fulfilling life."

Rye - What a sweet gift from your husband! The cats seem to be enjoying your teddy bear too!

Meg - I'm very sorry you're cut off from your daughter and grandbaby. You can only control your own actions, but I hope they'll soften their attitude soon.

Felicia - Congratulations on your trip to Tel Aviv. Very exciting!

Kelly - Your Teddy Angel is such a cutie! Funny how stuffed animals get to be such repositories of memory.

Carol - The shingles sound so awful. I'm sorry you're suffering.

Michele - Glad you enjoy the (sometimes silly) days!

Lisa - Poor Egg. Nobody enjoys moving, but at least you understand why it happened!

Today's special day reminded me of this wisdom from Arnold Bennett: “The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life. You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.”

Oh, and just for Rye, another snippet from Arnold Bennett: "The saxophone is the embodied spirit of beer."

Had my check-up at the doctor yesterday. I didn't want to go but she was holding my meds hostage until she got labs to check my kidney function. It's a pain having to go back so often, but apparently it's important with my blood pressure medicine. Now I just have to schedule the mammogram and I'm caught up with medical stuff until the health sharing ministry pays for a colonscopy next year.

Soup weather here today - Philip wants to make chili so think I'll go grocery shopping and get the stuff for that and roasted cauliflower soup.

-Yvonne in TX

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    We just switched to another internet company which meant a new modum. Took three days and many calls on DH part to get our printer working again. The internet is faster now and it did improve our phone service. I don't think it will be that much cheaper. It is like when you go bed shopping they make it almost impossible to compare products. It is done and we are not going back. So I understand how frustrating computers can be. I also had to reconnect my Kindle. Still not sure how I did that.

Also the last couple of days I have struggled to get an online application completed. The school system I work for is switching to a system called Teacher on Call. All my documents downloaded just fine except one. Now I will have to go in to fill this out. I hope I do not have to do the rest of them too. It would not let me submit the application with that one form not going through. It remains to be seen if I will be a good fit for this change. I plan to only work one to two days a week and only in certain classes. If it continues like it is fine if they place me in jobs I do not want and penalize me for it. I will be done. The little I was working also added to my pension plan. This new arrangement will not. So we shall see.

:heart: Margaret
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options

Janetr OKC

That's a great idea. You should do it !!

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My husband and I are having great success with our egg and bacon fast! Since Friday my husband has lost 4.6 pounds and I have lost 5.2 pounds. It is not unusual to drop 3 to 4 pounds within the first few days of this WOE. Our bodies are using up our glycogen stores.

Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squat- 3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X7X40
    Evening workout
    Goblet squat- 3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X7X40

The 40 pound kettle bell is really making a difference in muscle tone! It really is heavy!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited November 2017
    Options
    www.tedxunic. com

This is the link for anyone who wants to watch my DDIL give her very first ever public talk at the TEDX conference in Nicosia, Cyprus.
    She is on at 3.35 pm Cyprus time. It will be live streamed. Eeeeeeeek! :noway: Rather her than me! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Heather- When is she giving her talk? I found out Cyprus is 7 hours a head of me.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Windy day here today, maple keys flying everywhere. They are really pinging against the skylight and on the metal roof of the barn. It is soup weather, I have chicken vegetable in the crockpot today.

Heather - Hope your DIL's presentation goes well.

Carol - Nothing to do with shingles except get through it. I have had them twice even though I had the vaccination.

Meg - Sorry DD is being so awful. Hang in there and keep yourself well.

Lisa - Glad you are getting settled in. The cats will adjust eventually, it just takes time.

Pat - Sending healing angels to your poor DH. Lucky you noticed the yellow.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    KJ - It is Cyprus time, I guess. 3.35 pm. That is for us GMT + 2 . That is 1.35 pm for us. You would have to work it out for yourself.
    I have just texted her to confirm it us 3.35 Cyprus time. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx