WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Down here waiting for my DFIL found out he does have a cold and they are giving extra nebulizer treatments told them to put his meds in his orange juice as he is not in the mood to eat...I keep up with what's going on with him because if I don't something drastic could happen...BIL still on ventilator BP is high and they can't regulate his meds..he had a ruptured appendix and they operated and took a foot of colon as he had a cancerous mass.he is 53 years old and has been living the high Life and not taking care of himself and he is now paying the price.so sad..

Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about your DFIL and BIL. I hope they can get what they need to be better. ((HUGS))
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have started my eggs and bacon fast with my husband. With my bulk I gained 8.6 pounds over my maintenance weight. Since Friday I have lost 3.6 pounds. Since this is a low calorie keto diet that we are on I have probably just burned through my glycogen stores. My husband has lost 4 pounds.

Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet Squat- 3X5X40
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 14X7X40
    Evening workout
    Goblet Squat- 3X5X40
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 14X7X40

Meg- i'm so sorry to hear that. We went through a very similar situation with my DH'S DD. That is very hurtful and will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Rye- cutest teddy bear ever! You have a fantastic DH!

Carol- i'm so sorry that you are dealing with shingles. Prayers and hugs to you for a quick healing and relief from the burning pain.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »

Terry in VT smelling a lot a food around me today which I've resisted so far. I feel like my skin is crawling just thinking about all the smells. I did eat lunch, but still feel I could eat a house. Must be because it is cold here today. I always want to eat more when it's cold.
    My secret weapon in the winter to eat for the ‘ cold outside so I’m getting very hungry’ is soup lots and lots of soup!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Terry - this is the recipe. The main problem is getting the fermented, salted black beans. My DSIL used ordinary black beans and was surprised when they were crunchy! :o I bought mine in a Chinese supermarket, but you can get them on Amazon.
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/stir-fried-chicken-in-black-bean-sauce-8341

It's originally a Ken Hom recipe. It reheats really well, so you can make it ahead. :D I use skinless, boneless chicken thighs which I think are much nicer than breasts.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Felicia - congratulations on your weight loss! Very hard to lose the last 10 pounds. Concerning your son and his advice to you to not use weights every day it depens on what type of weightlifting you do as to whether you should do it daily or every other day. If you were doing compound lifts and hitting every muscle group on the same day which would be a total body weight lifting routine then every other day is appropriate for your muscles to heal. However, if you are hitting different muscle groups on different days you can weight lift every day. According to the man that I follow for the kettle bell he states that you can swing the kettle bell every day of your life unless you are too tired for that day.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday.
    Janetr--Thanks you are such a good friend
    Meg--So sorry to hear about DD#1 since the baby has been born. Sending hugs and prayers.
    Had some snow flurries on the way to work this morning and only to be the 30s today. Winter is here and I am still trying to figure out where Fall went.
    Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Felicia - congratulations on your weight loss! Very hard to lose the last 10 pounds. Concerning your son and his advice to you to not use weights every day it depens on what type of weightlifting you do as to whether you should do it daily or every other day. If you were doing compound lifts and hitting every muscle group on the same day which would be a total body weight lifting routine then every other day is appropriate for your muscles to heal. However, if you are hitting different muscle groups on different days you can weight lift every day. According to the man that I follow for the kettle bell he states that you can swing the kettle bell every day of your life unless you are too tired for that day.

Good to know. Yes, I've been doing compound lifting.

Felicia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Mary - There is one post in October from someone whose user name started with Nichole...; asking about people who have had/have Lyme's Disease. I told her to look for the link to bring her to this month; and then look down for your user name and name ... that you had recently moved to Arizona and you would be more than happy to answer her questions. She is new to MFP, too.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oh my sandwich was heaven!
    3 turkey deli slices
    2 slices of 12 grain bread
    Spinach
    Cucumbers
    Pickles
    Mayo
    Mustard
    Totals were calories 350, fats 13 g, proteins 15 g.

I have beans going for soup tonight. I bought some organic candy corn today 70 calories a package. Being that's its organic the pieces are more brown then normal, but they still taste the same!

Today was senior day at my grocery store, yet they ( the cashier), rang us up so quickly, we didn't even get a chance to tell her. They aren't allowed to ask us. That was the only reason why we were shopping today. So I waited in the customer service line for my savings of $2.59. Sheesh!

Becca
    Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kelly you crack me up! Yes, naps are already laws, no one must break or change that one! Funny, my students voted on some songs to perform today, they loved doing it!

Feels like it could snow here, really first cold day we've had, but no no snow yet. NYKAREN
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I made some great tasting deviled eggs for snacking on during our egg and bacon fast! Tomorrow I'm going to make a cauliflower pizza crust with salsa and sour cream for the sauce and eggs, bacon and cheese for the toppings :p yummy! This WOE certainly feels like I'm cheating!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,150 Member
    Options
    At work today ... not sure how long I'll last, but I thought I'd give it a go. The bus ride in was an experience!!

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Amazon Fire Tablet HD 10 ~ I got this about a week ago and everything was doing fine. Today, it wouldn't connect to my WiFi provider (x-finity Comcast). I just set it back to the factory settings and will start all over. Ugh! :s