• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    aec18 wrote: »
    Hi all. I live in NW Ohio. I am 57 years old female and I have struggled with my weight all my life. Like many I have lost but never to the point of actually being healthy. My BMI is over 40 and being labeled as Obese is scary. I do deal with an under active thyroid but I have lost before. I need encouragement to make more permanent changes.

My goals for November are to stick to logging my food to keep me on track.
    Exercise goal walk 30 minutes a day. 15 minutes in the morning and 15 at lunch. I want to build up to adding 30 in the evening.
    weight loss goal is 5-10lbs in a month. I have already lost 3.

Welcome! Logging your food and walking is a great start. :D<3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Pip and Kirby great job!

(((Machka))) may your healing go smoothly!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    Zzzzz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    Options
    Rye - I buy them from Amazon. There are loads of different ones. I choose the ones that gave a deep liquorice or tannic flavour so it adds depth to my chilli. I personally wouldn't add them to minestrone. They would be great in a black bean soup though or a veggie chilli. I soak them first in boiling water and chop them.
    Names - Mulato, Guajillo, Cascabel, Pasilla.
    The company is Chillies on the Web.co.uk , but you must be able to get them in the States.

Just had a delivery of non alcoholic beer. I had to be in to sign for them as they are alcohol. :laugh: :D:o:D:o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Heather, heehee, even non alcoholic beer has a wee bit of alcohol! .05% maybe! I could get a buzz from the brand we used to buy!
    Becca
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – I did hear that late yesterday afternoon. I agree, it is awful. Losing children and pregnant wives really makes it awful. I don’t know what this world is coming to; but, there sure seems to be a lot of ‘evil’ in this world.’

My parents allowed me to stay out until 2:00am; but, they would have never allowed met to ‘rent a room’ for an ‘after-party’.

Heather – While this is not a bad thing, most of the time; maybe – well it sounds like she is a ‘helicopter’ mom. I know I was with Trey, after what I had gone through with my first pregnancy; then, Will started having seizures and the first one he had was while I was changing him into his night clothes. I thought he had died! Maybe it is the ‘stress’ of leaving them (for the first time??? – in the care of anybody – including grandparents???

Lisa – We go, the place we go for my “Lunch Bunch” serves shrimp and grits. I think the next time we go up I am going to try them.

Lenora
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just popping on really quick to tell you that I messaged (and friended) Re (Iremiare), and she told me that she posted her story in the Success Stories thread! It is called Half The Woman I Used To Be. Full of energy, creative and funny post. Check it out!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ I read Re's blog and it is so inspiring.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Very satisfying lunch or brunch today. My own breakfast style sandwich.
    2 minute low carb English Muffin with 1 egg, 2 turkey sausage patties, cheddar cheese, 2 ounces cantaloupe.
    Total carbs - 12g, Fiber 4g, Calories 575

—Ginger in Texas
    77lic5g4paj7.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
    Machka oh I feel your pain. I've had one tooth pulled and truly suffered from Post-trauma from it. I start shaking if I think about going to a dentist. You have been through hell, and the recovery sounds like the suburbs of Hell. I had such a sore jaw after having my tooth pulled too. I am quick to use my propolis now if I feel the slightest twinge of sore tooth. Will send some prayers up for you.

Pip I am loving the marathon pictures. Getting me inspired for my run later this month (doing a half) Did you do the marathon as well? I did one for my 50th birthday. Might do another for my 60th. LOL

WHOOP, I am leaving this afternoon for the first leg of our journey to Vanuatu. Hope the animals are sorted though my daughter has refused to do a "walk through" with me to discuss what needs doing. I've written an extensive list out. Today I am moving the horses into fresh paddocks. I picked up more hay yesterday for my old horse who needs extra. Just going out to feed everyone now, then take the dogs for a last walk before we leave. I am all packed and just going to lock up my computer and other valuables. I downloaded a couple more free books from the library site to take along in case I get bored with looking at palm trees and blue water. I have to go out to the bees and check to see if any more queens are making (I've got 7 at the moment) and mark the hives so the girl who is working for us will be able to take them out. I put all my pots together on the porch so they will be easy to water. I put my most needy ones in a bucket with a couple inches of water.

I spent most of Sunday with my husband visiting his mother. I chilled and ignored her occasional arrows. My husband knows I don't like to be around her. He knows how difficult and negative she is, but he is the "golden boy" and can do no wrong in her eyes. She STILL makes his lunch for him on the weekends even though he is 57. LOL. I feel that it is the right thing to do, to sacrifice my precious time and make this visit with my husband even though I doubt that he would feel the same obligation to visit with MY family. I just try to take a long distance view, looking back when MIL has passed on, I don't want to feel regret that I didn't make an effort to forgive her faults and try to love her good points.

I am going to miss you all! But will catch up when I get back and put some pics up. <3 Wendy

Yes I did it with him. My third, his 5th, our last. No more full marathons
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Kelly ~ I read Re's blog and it is so inspiring.

Carol
    - I agree! She's well in to "Onderland" now - good for her! Seems like not that long ago she was right there! Thanks Kelly for finding her for us!

Lanette
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    thanks for letting us know about Re's post, very inspiring read! Miss her on this forum.
    Just drank a green smoothie to use up my almost spoiled salad, yummy and frugal!
    NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    Very satisfying lunch or brunch today. My own breakfast style sandwich.
    2 minute low carb English Muffin with 1 egg, 2 turkey sausage patties, cheddar cheese, 2 ounces cantaloupe.
    Total carbs - 12g, Fiber 4g, Calories 575

—Ginger in Texas
    77lic5g4paj7.jpeg

Ginger, that looks so yummy! Do I see blueberries in there?

Lanette

Sunny SW WA State
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    :) Hi reading just not much else to say. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE