WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I slept from about 7:15 to close to 5 am. between the meletonin and sleepytime tea ,I was out
    my routine when I get home is to get into my p.j.s and have a cup of sleepytime tea... I am asleep fairly early as that was my routine when still at the house.. I love having my own place,where I can do as I please...
    Lisa~ are you at your daughter's house yet? I sure hope you enjoy N.C. It is beautiful country
    I have to get back into some routine of getting to the gym ,when I wake up im still a bit out of it I think from the meletonin so it takes me a bit to wake up
    today is a full day working 9-6 today and tomorrow and the Dr I am assisting has a full schedule..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :) Yes - for those running a little behind on my journey, we've been at our new home in NC since Sunday afternoon, safely arrived, unpacked, and now (well, after everyone's up) working on getting my home office set up in part of our bedroom over the garage. I start back to work tomorrow morning... and Corey started work yesterday with a two-year-old who will be potty-trained when SHE decides it's time to be potty trained, and cooking dinner for the family. There is one thing I can't say on my blog - but here's the link to it. If you want the whole journey, scroll down to Post 1, and then read upward. Our daughter is planning to do a surprise Thanksgiving this weekend for her beloved soldier husband, who flies out ten days from now for the Middle East. Going to be tough to see her deal with those goodbyes.

Lisa in NC
  • grandmallie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lisa~ So glad you are with family .. makes all the trip worthwhile.... how is Egg adjusting to new enviroment?
    well off to wash my hair and get my lunch together....
    Well you know cold weather is coming when you put away the patio furniture..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Didn't make it into the pool this morning. I just couldn't get my lazy bones out of bed. Maybe the time change has caught up to me? Tonight I go to sleep in my swimsuit!
    Carol- So sorry to hear about the shingles! Hope you get some relief soon! Congrats on the wood floors! Yes, it will cut down on the dust quite a bit. You may want to check/replace your air filters after you get clean up done from the installation. So much dust was stirred up and sucked into our intake vents during our carpet removal and hard floor installation, we had to replace our furnace/air conditioner filters. Just something you may want to check.
    Lisa-Yea! You are settled! or rather...settling in. I wondered if Egg would want to leave the car as she seemed to be so content to be in it! I can just picture her being the "night ninja" and exploring. Enjoy your early Thanksgiving!
    Rori- Yes! I am hoping to meet with both Re and Rey, as they both live/work in the area. This would be my first meet up with any of our group! I am excited, because you all become like close friends just through this group. Soul sisters.
    Machka- I share some of what we (our group) discusses with my DH. I will not, however, be sharing about your dds visit! He has been having tooth/jaw bone issues in the past few years and going to the dds is a nightmare for him. I hope you feel better soon! Keep your bags frozen veggies handy!
    Allie- So glad you made it home safe and sound. Your photos of your dad's reunion are wonderful! What a picturesque area to hold a gathering. I am sure your dad had a great time!
    Pip and Kirby- Hooray! You both are so fantastic! I am sure you inspire a number of runners as you run these races!
    Rye- I hardly look in mirrors anymore. I remember the days when I spent hours getting ready for work/night out. Now it is a quick wash up, five minute make up, and a quick run through with a brush. I hardly ever get dressed and stand, turn, look, turn the other way, look some more...Whenever I stand in front of the mirror, I hear my teen-aged self, standing in the bathroom with my mother and telling her (very unkindly), "when I get older, I am not going to let myself go." (*cringe) I told this to a woman who gave birth to four children, adopted two more, and had no time for herself. Enough. We are works in progress! I may not look in the mirror as much, but I visualize where I want to be and just have to keep that focus! We can do it! <3
    Heather- Your meals sound wonderful! Hope you have a great visit with your DSIL and her boyfriend? or hubby?!
    Wendy- Bon voyage! Enjoy your vacation!

I better get going. Kids will be arriving shortly and my hair is still wet and uncomfortable on this chilly morning. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LISA so glad you've made it, love reading your blog.

Kate UK <3
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ladies,

Sue, bummer about the truck. Cars breaking down are one of the things that will bring me to tears. Hate it. Hope it’s fixed soon.

Rori, I love puzzles. We have one set up in our department and people stop by when they want a break and work on it for a minute. Employees love it.

Machka, hope you are feeling better today and aren’t in too much pain. Popsicles?

Rye, Look at yourself and be proud of the woman you have become.

Kim, love the turkey sayings.

Joyce, so glad to hear you didn’t get any damage.

Carol, shingles are go painful. Hope the meds help. ((HUGS)) You’ll love the wood floors. We put some in a few years ago and it always seems much cleaner in the house now.

Sharon, one hurdle down. Yeah! What a long wait for you. Sorry you are missing your girl. That’s hard.

Lisa, Yeah! You made it. Settle in then tell us all about it. Yes, those good byes are the worst. Glad your DD is getting to celebrate Thanksgiving with her husband.

Had a nice anniversary dinner with DH last night after work. My DD was home so was able to let the dog out. So we didn't have to rush through dinner. Leftovers for supper tonight. Crazy busy at work. Just came off the United Way campaign and Friday is our annual mtg. So much to do and I'm still waiting on information from the President and VPs. No rush, just the agenda! lol Every year they wait until the last minute.

My co-worker is moving her office down one office so she won't be on the other side of the wall. Not far but hopefully far enough that I don't have to hear her chomping on chips every day. Drives me up the wall. Somethings been up with her as she has been a little short tempered. I think it something at home. Her husband is quite a bit older than her and I thing the brunt of the raising of their son falls to her. She has her degree in counseling and is always sounding like she is counseling him when I hear her on the phone. A bit of a control freak as well. Oh well, not my problem.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Terry getting to work in VT
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Down here waiting for my DFIL found out he does have a cold and they are giving extra nebulizer treatments told them to put his meds in his orange juice as he is not in the mood to eat...I keep up with what's going on with him because if I don't something drastic could happen...BIL still on ventilator BP is high and they can't regulate his meds..he had a ruptured appendix and they operated and took a foot of colon as he had a cancerous mass.he is 53 years old and has been living the high Life and not taking care of himself and he is now paying the price.so sad..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Pip: Halle is a pretty girl. Are Yogi & Halle planning to have puppies together? :huh:

Terry: We're certainly enjoying our newly painted bedroom. It is a lot of work, but worth it. We've lived here for twenty years and needed to spruce things up a bit. Our bedroom was the most in need. We'd had some snow damage and there were stains on a wall and ceiling. Now it is all fresh and pretty. :smiley:

Sue in WA: I'm so sorry your truck needs to be repaired. I hope they manage to work it in sooner rather than later. Congratulations on finishing the goat pen. :star:

Machka: Your dental experience sounds like absolute misery. I hope you're beginning to feel a little better. (((HUGS)) Sending good thoughts that you heal quickly and feel better hour-by-hour. :heart:

DJ: Thanks for your kind wishes for our dog. We hope the medication works, too. :smiley:

Kim: I am so happy that you are posting more often than you were for a while. I miss you when you're not here. Your drive time to the SF airport is similar to ours to the Portland Airport-depending on traffic. Our trip to PDX is usually an hour and a half each way. It used to be more reasonable but Portland traffic has gotten worse and worse. :grumble:

Sharon in Lethbridge: Riding Arrow bareback was a total misery. That animal has a very boney back! After a few minutes of torture, I saddled him. We were both happier. :ohwell:

Carol: I am so sorry that shingles are making your miserable. Many of us are at risk due to childhood chickenpox. :grumble:

Allie: I hope your DFIL does well and feels better soon. :flowerforyou:

Today is the dog's day for the groomer, I have yoga, and we hope to attend a lecture at the library this evening. It has the potential of being a very good day. I'll do my best to bring a good attitude into the day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    B)

Terry - happy to hear your co-worker is moving her office. Very distracting to be on the fringe of her "drama"! Having a puzzle at work is a great idea.

Rori
    - I am going to dig out one of our puzzles and get it going as well. We don't do anything larger than a 500 piece. I think it makes our brains happy!

Carol - sorry to hear about the shingles! Hope your house is all finished up soon. I am on the fence about the shingles shot... even tho it's no charge, I wonder if there's a risk to my DH for a few weeks while my body is producing the antibodies or whatever goes on. Will have to check into it further.

Allie - goodness - are you a caretaker for your DFIL? So sad about your BIL, he has so much going on right now. Makes me grateful for every day I can get around!

Kim - I wanted to mention what a cute idea that mailbox is. I'll pass it along to a friend who does craft fairs. So many creative folks in this group!!

Rye - I recall several years ago I was shopping, caught a glimpse of myself in a department store window and thought - that's my MOM staring at me! Right after that I started coloring my hair, no lie. I went gray early. I'm more at peace with it now, stopped the hair coloring. As my mom aged, she exercised less and really retreated and I make myself get out and work out and keep socializing a bit.

Lisa - enjoying your blog and remember the feeling of getting settled in! Glad you and Corey and Egg made it without mishap. Early Thanksgiving sounds great.

Pip - when is the wedding? Will Yogi be wearing a tux?

Katla
    - your poor pup. I must say it took well over a month for our old gal to "get OK" in the poo department so I hope your little guy is on the mend. Glad your painting is over and you are getting situated back in the bedroom.

The aid car just left the next door neighbor lady's house, not sure if she was transported. It was there about a month ago and a few days after that I saw someone with her name had DIED! I told DH we'd be getting new neighbors. DH said that was weird as he just saw her dragging in her garbage can, lol. Well, it wasn't her of course. This lady is very reclusive, doesn't neighbor with anyone, kind of sneaks in and out of her house. I have to run to town this morning, DH said he'd wander over there today and see what's what.

Lanette
    Frosty SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Ooo
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Hug A Bear Day!

A teddy bear, that is. "They’re big and fuzzy and warm, they watch over us at night and keep the monsters in the closet and under the bed at bay. They’re often the first gift we’re ever given, and many of us carry them forward into our adult lives as ‘memoirs’ of our past. But we all know the real reason we still have them is our lives seem a little better, and a little saner, with our childhood protectors still working for us."

Machka - I've been following your dental woes with sympathy. Hope you are healing and that the pain is starting to lessen.

Wendy - You are very gracious, and your mother-in-law is lucky to have a daughter-in-law who makes an effort to love her good points.

Kelly - It was such a nice surprise to see Re's blog trending. I miss her wisdom here!

Ginger - Your breakfast sandwich looks delicious. Need to pick up some turkey patties and make some of those up for Philip and me. What brand of muffins do you use? Don't know if our grocery store would carry low carb, but the regular Thomas English muffins I get aren't too bad.

Sue - So sorry about your truck troubles! It's hard to be without transportation.

Lisa - Congratulations on your new home! Glad you're settling in so quickly.

Well, work calls. But first... my first bear is sitting on the shelf in my office. He looks somewhat disreputable after many years of love, but he's still my "Wee-yum" so I'll give him a big hug.

-Yvonne in TX
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. I am late to the party as always. Too much drama here. DD#1 and the BF in law have totally cut us off right after the baby was born. I have just been beside myself. Now I need to move on. My November goal is to get my diabetes back in control. I admit I have been stress eating and not caring what it did to me.
  • deaconfran
    deaconfran Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a month away from turning 50, so I am glad to see all of you here! New to My Fitnesspal and liking what I have found.

My November is going to be interesting since this is the 1st year I am not cooking the Thanksgiving dinner in decades! I am spending it with friends.

My goal is to retrieve the activity that I have let slip way for way too long now. 3 days a week for 40 minutes. I am a hiker and a yoga enthusiast, but not hard core in either activity.
    I will also track consistently. My calorie level was a bit lower than I expected, so that will take some getting used to.

Good luck to everyone. Thank you for your support and this board!
    Fran
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi friends. I am late to the party as always. Too much drama here. DD#1 and the BF in law have totally cut us off right after the baby was born. I have just been beside myself. Now I need to move on. My November goal is to get my diabetes back in control. I admit I have been stress eating and not caring what it did to me.

Oh, Meg, I am so sorry for you daughter's actions. As if you don't have enough already. Biggest ((( hugs ))) ever. You have ben a trooper through it all, not sure how you have managed at all. Sending love.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Meg - Great big HUGS! You have had such a hard time of it, you deserve a break. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Aaaa