WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Evening friends~
    just got home about 1/2 hr ago from work... tired.
    I am my DFIL medical POA ,my BIL AND SIL are his legal POA , and they could give a rats patootie about him, my BIL got the house and his ex wife now Wife married him as soon as my DMIL died so he wouldnt get arrested for elder abuse.. let me tell you Toms family are all out there..
    Meg~ so sorry to hear that your daughter and SIL are being dopes, they will hopefully come around...
    my Best friends daughter just had her second baby named Mia( pronounced Meeah) she is a little cutie..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Yogi and Halle r both fixed, yogi would look so cut in a tux with a bow tie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    yexbedxl2cz6.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Amazon Fire Tablet HD 10 ~ I got this about a week ago and everything was doing fine. Today, it wouldn't connect to my WiFi provider (x-finity Comcast). I just set it back to the factory settings and will start all over. Ugh! :s

I got one for my birthday. No problem so far. I'll have to be on the lookout.

Janetr OKC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    The dermatologist thought he would "shave off" a place on my back. However, it was growing down into my back and he had to cut it out. DH said it is a big hole. Uck.
    Meg- Bless your heart you'v had so much stress in your life. You take care of you and get the diabetes under control. You are a nurse, you know what to do. ((((((Hugs))))))).
    Kelly- did you forget about me? I live SW of Ft Worth so pretty close to Rye. When are you coming to TX?
    Carol- sorry you have shingles. They are so painful.
    We actually had a fire tonight. It was on the 90's last weekend but a cold front came through. (50's).
    Almost lost my post, better quit...
    SueBDew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a zero to 60 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Bob Harper Ultimate Cardio DVD.

Kim - those towels sound so cute! How do you get a print of what you want to say on the towel so that you can use that as a guide (did I make myself muddy enough?) Like when you buy a towel to be stitched, it's usually prestamped with the saying. Now yours won't be prestamped. Do you maybe put the saying on aida cloth and then stitch that to the towels? Or do you have a way of stamping the towels with the saying?

Sharon - my heart breaks for you with Harmony distancing herself. I know that hurts you. At least you get to see her! I know that should Bryan ever have children, I'll never see them. Heck, I won't even know about them!

Carol - ouch! So glad you got your floors. One thing we learned with our wood floors is that you only need a solution of white vinegar and water to clean the floor. When we first moved to this house there was some sort of "stuff" on the exercise floor. Kind of like if the person before us sweat, the sweat droplets that dried. Well, I tried everything, and I do mean everything, to remove them. Nothing worked. We were thinking we'd have to replace the floor. Vince called someone, explained the situation and found out it would cost about $1,000 to do it. Yikes! The guy told us that before we do that, try using the vinegar and water. Can't hurt. Well, it worked! Ever since then, I only use vinegar and water on my floor. Did you get the shingles vaccine?

pip - congrats on the marathon.

With this change of time, yesterday I was REALLY tired. Now I usually get up around 6, sometimes I wake a few minutes before 6. Today I got up a few minutes before 6. Maybe I'm adjusted????? Our cats are getting adjusted.

Lisa - so glad you made it safe and sound. How's Egg adjusting?

Terry in VT - I never heard of a company setting up a puzzle, but what a neat idea!

Heather - for some reason, and I don't know why, I thought you were a vegetarian. But I see that I must have been wrong since you're making chicken.

Calling all cooks!!! Last year at Thanksgiving, when we got to VA we went to a friend of Jess' place for turkey. Now, you have to understand that the woman is NOT a cook at all. The stuffing was Stove Top stuffing. Not that great. Well, I'm suspecting that we'll be doing the same thing this year. If that's the case, can I make stuffing here, transport it the 6 hrs, how long will it take to heat up? The sausage in it will be cooked.

Yvonne - I always look forward to your posts and especially the beginning where you tell us what day it is

Meg - I can totally relate to the hurt from your daughter. No matter what, you will always love her. You can't help but worry. (((HUGS)))). If you ever need someone to commisserate with, just pm me. I totally understand. We can't help stress eating, but don't do a lot of it. If you do, you're giving her control. At least that's the way I look at it.

deaconfran - welcome! You must be a deacon at your church, right? Tell us more about it.

Felicia - I hate to say it, but your son is right. You need to give your muscles 24-48 hours to rebuild themselves. Good for you swimming. That is such a good exercise to do. Very low impact (or no impact) but yet you really work your muscles. I know that when I'm taking a deep water class, I can't feel myself exercising. But the next day......I'm ready to call someone to put those bars in to help me get off the toilet....lol I usually can't feel my heartbeat when I'm in the water. But when I stop to get a drink of water...I sometimes feel like my heart is pounding. Congrats on your weight! Sometimes I can get below 130, but it usually doesn't last for long, unfortunately

KJ - those owl cookies are so cute! I went to allrecipes and printed out the recipe and how to do it. I have a good friend who loves owls, last time I made her a cake in the shape of an owl. The cookies would be a real neat idea!

Michele in NC
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Michelle Every thanksgiving my husband’s family all gather at my sister in law’s place for thanksgiving. The problem is they are all southerners, so stuffing = what I call corn bread stuffing. Nice enough food, I suppose, but not my idea of Thanksgiving turkey stuffing. So I started making crock pot stuffing. Cooking it low and slow and adding chicken broth to it once an hour makes it *almost* as good as in Turkey. Then I bring it over in crock pot and can leave it on the warm setting until dinner.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Sue - (((hugs))) I know exactly what you mean. Prayers and hugs for comfort and healing quickly. Take care of yourself.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Mary, I don’t know about you but I get frustrated when I’m having computer problems of any kind. I start out fine but after I try to find a solution time after time, I just want it fixed. Hopefully MFP can correct the problem.

Aec, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. It’s helpful to us in getting to know you if you will sign each post with the name you want to be called and your location. I for one have a tendency to forget… lol

Pip, tell Yogi that I think he picked a beautiful girlfriend.

Yvonne, glad the water leak wasn’t worse.

Wendy, you have a wonderful attitude about your MIL. It’s so sad that some of them are so hard to get along with. I had the best MIL in the world and loved her dearly. I miss her very much.

Heather, I have read and re-read your statement: “Just had a delivery of non alcoholic beer. I had to be in to sign for them as they are alcohol. “ Now I’m not sure if it is, or if it ain’t???? LOL

Terry, I hope you had a Happy Anniversary and a good dinner celebration. It is soooo exciting being that close to 200. Keep up the good work.

MicheleNC, that is so nice that ya’ll invited the widower to ceramics with you.

Carol, I know you will be so happy to have all the work done. I’m glad you love the floors. It’s going to seem like a new house.

Lisa, glad you made it safely. Enjoy your new home.

Katla, glad you are enjoying the freshly painted bedroom. It’s amazing that it can make such a difference.

Lanette, I think it’s great that you get out and go. I do the same while DH sits at home alone several times a week. I think some of his resistance to going out is that he can’t hear but he won’t talk about getting his hearing checked. It’s a bit frustrating.

Rye, that was so sweet of your DH to get you the bear. It looks like the kitties enjoy it.

Meg, (((((Hugs))))) I know that must really hurt to be cut off by your DD. I hope you will be able to move on as you know it would be best for you. You are so strong and I hope you can feel our support.

Fran, welcome. Come often and chat when you want.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Thx for the congrats on the marathon, I'm very proud of kirby. I could have ran a lot quicker, but it wasn't about me, I was just running with him to support him. Yogi and Halle would b a cute pair for sure. Tomorrow we start out to work. Riding to the gym in the dark and coming home in the dark
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    DJ- I have heard from other people that they are having problems on this site as well. I am still unable to post comments or even click like on my friends posts on my newsfeed as well as I can't even comment when people post on my wall. I even opened a new profile and with the help of Michele checked to see if it would work but it didn't. I will just have to be patient and see if MFP will be able to fix it. I hope you are enjoying your cool sunshine B)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    j2i8o432n7d2.jpg

My homemade white bean soup with bits of ham, small cubes of potato, and a handful of green shredded cabbage! Yummy! I have four containers in the frig that when I warm it I will add veggies then. Like yummy bean soup bases to add this or that to.
    Becca
    Soup diva in
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Thx for the congrats on the marathon, I'm very proud of kirby. I could have ran a lot quicker, but it wasn't about me, I was just running with him to support him. Yogi and Halle would b a cute pair for sure. Tomorrow we start out to work. Riding to the gym in the dark and coming home in the dark

Yucko for riding to or from work in the dark!!! I was telling my husband the other day of Kirby's story and after all he went thru he ran another marathon. He's certainly quite an example to the rest of us and a helluva trooper. Congrats to both of you.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Woke up early worrying about the babysitting then somehow realised that I have missed the tax deadline this year! :o:s
    I'll do it today and hope I don't get a fine. The silly thing is I don't actually pay tax as I don't earn enough. I could do it on line, but my laptop is giving me trouble, so I'll just risk being late with the paper file.
    Don't know why I'm getting so anxious about the babysitting. Part of it is the fear of not sleeping and the problem of still having my cough sometimes in the early morning. At home I just decamp to the spare room and talk to you. DH is not best pleased if I keep him awake!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    love all kinds of stuffing/dressing discussions. Michelle, I believe as long as you've cooked the stuffing thoroughly, it should keep at least 6 hours, I certainly wouldn't let it go longer without some kind of cooler/refrigeration. IMO, stuffing always tastes better the longer it sits, yummmmmmm

Well, gonna be another big busy work day, then off to the mamo appt. Cheers, working on my second cup of coffee and keeping up with all of your busy healthy lives. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    At work today ... not sure how long I'll last, but I thought I'd give it a go. The bus ride in was an experience!!

M in Oz

I made it most of the way through the day .... and then I came home and slept for 2.5 hours.

It's been 48 hours, so I'm up to eating cottage cheese and pumpkin soup now!!

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Pat~ yikes that must have been nerve racking glad he is on the mend and that he has a great nurse like you..
    slept soundly through the night ,fell alseep before 8 and woke up at 5:12 having my cup of tea and then hop in the shower. I have electric heat here so I am keeping my thermostat at 65 and it rarely turns on... im being cheap and I dont like it to hot..very small paycheck this week as i get payed bi weekly and she didnt put in for my friday vacation day.. just gonna let the money sit there until the bills come out.