WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Lanette - no blueberries. That’s bits of sausage. But i could certainly add blueberries. I’ve had this English Muffin with cream cheese and cinnamon.

Recipe from this site. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/two-minute-toasted-english-muffin/

—Ginger in Texas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Spent most of my day getting my truck hauled into the Ford place for repair. DD and I went to the church bazaar on Saturday and when we came out to leave the truck would not start. Tried jumping it but that did not work. Ford dealership is booked out weeks for repairs but didn't know where else to take it, so had AAA tow it there and they will get to it when they can. luckily I only drive it once or twice a week not every day but I missed my water exercise because of it. We had sun today instead of snow. Yay! DD and I finished fencing the goat's winter pen yesterday. Now we just have to clean it up and install the new light. I will be glad when the goats can be out there.

Machka - Sending healing angels your way. That sounds like a horrible ordeal. Hope the improvement is wondrous.

Pip - Are you sure this is the last one?

Allie - Love that picture of your dad.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Spent most of my day getting my truck hauled into the Ford place for repair. DD and I went to the church bazaar on Saturday and when we came out to leave the truck would not start. Tried jumping it but that did not work. Ford dealership is booked out weeks for repairs but didn't know where else to take it, so had AAA tow it there and they will get to it when they can. luckily I only drive it once or twice a week not every day but I missed my water exercise because of it. We had sun today instead of snow. Yay! DD and I finished fencing the goat's winter pen yesterday. Now we just have to clean it up and install the new light. I will be glad when the goats can be out there.

Machka - Sending healing angels your way. That sounds like a horrible ordeal. Hope the improvement is wondrous.

Pip - Are you sure this is the last one?

Allie - Love that picture of your dad.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Positive, we’ll do 1/2 marathons, no more full
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    oh shoot ! lost my post....
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Katla, I hope the medication will do the trick for your dog.

Kim, if the bush gives your neighbor so much grief, I’d consider telling him that I was willing to get rid of it but just didn’t have the time to take care of it; but to feel free if he wanted to dig it up. LOL

M, so sorry to hear about your dental experience. I hope you heal quickly and can forget that appointment.

Sue, I agree that I never heard of shrimp and grits until a few years ago. I also laugh as some of the Mexican food dishes that are served everywhere. In south Texas on the border we ate lots of Mexican food and it was never served with sour cream or in a taco shell.

I wanted to read all the posts but I just got home from a very long Moose meeting and I am going to have to go to bed. I’m not used to the time change yet and that will take me about a week.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Positive, we’ll do 1/2 marathons, no more full

I've always done half marathons, one a year (sometimes two).... but decided I had to do at least one full so that will happen in December. But I plan on doing ONLY one in my lifetime. lol. I plan on finishing and then going and showering, changing etc and getting a night's sleep and going back to see my son finish his 100 miler. He's planning on taking the full 30 hours allowed to him (actually training for a pace to complete in 26 hrs. to give him 4 hours to play with). He can be the ultra-long distance runner in the family, not me. :)

Congrats on the finish and may your marathon retirement be restful.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Rye!! that's you emerging from the catalyst to be the beautiful butterfly that was hiding right there!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well, I was writing a note but the internet fairies took it away.

Machca, I am so sorry for your experience. I am sure the staff were equally traumatized. I hope they gav you a discount since it was a teaching experience. The guy who does a lot of the root canals here in town, yes I know that wasn't what your was, provides heated afghans on your lap. Feels read good and makes you feel very relaxed.,

Yes, our area was spared any damage expect for about an hour up the road had so,e storm damage. They will have to determine if it was tornado.

I want to you know that most of this post was written with a big cat and tail on the iPad and I a, trying to write around it.

Heather, what is fish sauce? If I ever went to Europe, I would stick with things I know. And I don't think it would be fish sauce, have fun with the grands and don't overthink it or over complicate it. Just have fun.

Sue, I thought of you when I saw a picture of two goats on a house.mthe baby goat had found a way to go from the deck to the roof and I guess the Momma thought she should follow.

There was more in my thoughts. It if any of you have a way to find them in cyber land then you deserve a peace prize for it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    :) Hi reading just not much else to say. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE

Vicki, so nice to see you, sweetie. Glad you stopped by to say Hi. We miss you <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    oh shoot ! lost my post....

Ugh, well we'll use our imaginations :) (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Katla - Enjoy your assignment . I used to love riding bareback. It seemed as if I was more connected to my horse.

Heather - I cried when I read about the loss of your daughter. I am so sorry.

Carol - Shingles! I sure hope the valtrex helps.

Allie - How great is it that you were able to take your Dad to his reunion? By the by, you look fantastic.

Machka - Sorry for your pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Ginger - Brunch looked delicious.

My heart is heavy as I think about what happened in Texas. It seems that we live in a world gone mad.

Last night someone poached one of the deer that live in our city. They shot it with a bow and arrow in the parking lot of the church across from my son's place. They broke so many laws but managed to get it loaded up and out of there before the police arrived. 10 o'clock at night.

Heard from disability and have cleared the first hurdle. Now my application has gone to the panel of adjudicators and I will have to wait 2-4 months before we know what their decision will be. So many hoops to jump through.

I am going to Calgary on Thursday with my son to see the surgeon. This is to see if he is an actual candidate to give my brother his kidney. I am trying to convince him to leave on Wednesday night and stay over so that we don't have to get up at a crazy hour to get there for 9 a.m. Not even sure where the place is.

Sweet Harmony has been sick again. This is getting ridiculous and they really need to find an answer. I blew a gasket and yelled at them to push for a referral to a pediatrician. I suggested putting her on the elimination diet and keeping a food journal. SHE says that seems like a lot of work. It is but you can either put in some work to try to figure it out or just let her keep being sick. You could put in a thimble what that woman knows about nutrition. I think at 40+ you have to stop blaming your parents and do some of the heavy lifting for yourself. So many ways to educate yourself these days. I notice that Harmony seems to eat better and feel better on the days that my son is home. Coincidence? I think not.

We worked on Harmony's school project about family. It was weird to download her biological Grandfather's photo for them. Harmony asked who he was. I explained as best as I could. Right after she snuck up on Larry's knee and cuddled with him for 10 minutes. No matter what happens he will always be her Grampa.

I am missing my time with my girl. Since all this stuff with her Dad has been coming to a head she has been distancing herself from both of us. I am looking forward to the 19th when a bunch of us will be going to Calgary for Disney on Ice.

- Sharon in Lethbridge ( Still waiting on the Chinook
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Fish sauce is an Asian ingredient. Often used in Thai food. In the actual food you can't taste it, but it just helps with the "umami" flavour, or zing to the dish. I had never thought of putting it in chilli. Worcestershire sauce has anchovies in it of course and I have to remember not to put it in veggie fishes or for my DSIL 'allergic to fish' boyfriend. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    It's 4 AM and I can't sleep. Been awake since before 3. The blisters on my shingles are burning. Ugh!

The crew installed our new wood floors yesterday and they are beautiful. Hope the house will be less dusty without the carpet. Today, they will install the sheet vinyl in the kitchen. I can't remember what color it was and just hope it blends in with the wallpaper and counter top. Now to do some major cleaning after a month of no floors. Dust is everywhere.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Carol in GA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa in NC for real? You made it? Congrats and keep sleeping or drinking coffee, whichever you need more. What a long journey!

Happy Tuesday, gonna plow through the day and get to the gym, there I said it! so now i must do it.

NYKAREN