Options
    Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-14 X7X 40
    Evening workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-14 X7X 40
    The 40 pound Kettle bell is really heavy! Because of that we have not increased the number of sets yet. That is one thing nice about this exercise is that you are in charge of your routine and can make it your own to fit your ability level.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good morn all.

DD works at a school & they have an all day meeting tomor,so we'll have SIL here for dinner.

Our SIL asked his oncologist not to sugar coat his diagnosis & is very appreciative that he didn't.Told him "we cannot cure this cancer,but we can treat it.No guarantee,but might live several yrs before it returns in a diff place."
    He has chemo next wk after 10 days off & hopes to go back to work next wk.

Other DD just returned home from their 2 wk vacation in Wyo,MT & Colo.They loved it,but was glad to get back east & warmer temps.
    DD met a couple in Jackson Hole
    from London.

Sounds like a lot of you having work done on your house & replacing appliances.I agree,they seem to be
    made of smoke & air. Our fridge is plumbed.....& never a problem.

Allie.....hope your new life will be just what you want.

Oldest Grson (in Marines)was home for 2 wks.He's in SC.

DJ......sounds like you need to cry or scream to let the complainers know how it affects you. So hard to have it in your home.Thinking if you.

Meg,hugs for you.You are one in a million.

Karla,I had the same med prescribed for the "change"in 3 days Dr took me off of it,so went cold turkey.Those 3 days gave me 10 yrs of severe,hormone related migraines.
    One of my “hobbies”is reading side effects for meds adv on tv.
    Scary Stuff!!
    Going to send a couple pics of 3 1/2 yr old Great Garson. He loves all animals,even goats LOL
    Later,Pat
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    ..morning peeps - didn't realize i had today off until i came back to work on wednesday...wooohooo!!! slept in til 7am, now gonna go to the gym.. got a app.at 11 to get my hair cut. i'll show pics.nothing fancy, just long layers, cut off the dead ends since i live in a bike helmet
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I put on an extra blanket on the bed yesterday. I slept so much better being warm and toasty plus the weight of the blanket felt great! It’s only in the low 40s but tonight it will be 38 (f).

My November goals are no bread, potatoes, rice; basically no carbs.
    So far, I’ve done good for the last two weeks and getting easier! I’ve noticed the belly has gone down a bit!
    I went to a homeopathic doctor when I was in Florida. I’m following his direction and also taking supplements.
    I feel so much better just in two weeks!
    Another goal is going to the Y and swimming and walking.

Mary COBRA insurance is so high! There was a time where I didn’t have insurance after I was laid off back in ‘96. I couldn’t afford it and pay rent! I’m very fortunate to have insurance with the state of Texas retirement system.

Have a great day y’all!
    Dana in Arkansas
    Our back yard:
    gtl9tqqs2fzs.jpeg
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is United States Marine Corps Day!

Hug a Marine today. Oorah!

Kim - The towels are so cute!

Becca - Do you have a grocery store near you that sells bulk nuts and grains and such? Wild rice is expensive but you could probably save a little by buying that way. If nothing else you wouldn't have to buy $9 worth at a time.

Sue - No, I'm in Taylor, just outside Austin.

Marcelyn - Got a kick out of the Monte Carlo option. Our problem would be getting what we've got to last that long!

Michele - You can buy beautiful quilt blocks or rails for hanging, but they're kind of expensive. I just use binder clips - they're not that noticeable. Or you can sew loops on the back of your quilt and use a curtain rod.

Lenora - The Affordable Care Act was a compromise for sure. Unfortunately, political opposition rescinded several of the elements that were intended to make it work properly. I think as long as health care is a money-making enterprise, we consumers will continue to see crippling costs.

I had to skim because I'm trying to get out the door for the river house, but you're all in my thoughts . Have a great weekend!

-Yvonne in TX
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends I only have a minute or two....hugs to all who need them and high fives to those celebrating victories big and small. My life is totally unmanageable now but I am trying to take the reins. Take care, meg from Omaha where it's pretty chilly today!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Xxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Patceoh, glad your DH is doing well. You can tell him that after my DH's liver transplant, we got this after care sheet saying, "gallbladder is properly absent". We both look puzzled at each other, and then my husband called his Mom asking, " Did I have my gallbladder taken out"? She says, not that she can recall. So then we call our liver doctor and he said, "oh yes we took the gallbladder out when we took out your liver". What, you just happened to be in the area, and thought it should come out??? No, he laughs, the gallbladder is connected to the liver so we normally remove it as well. We told the doctor, you might inform your patient next time, so they know! Haha!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options

Yvonne in TX
    Bulk in buying rice sounds like a good idea! I'm pricing it today.
    Becca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Love the curls ~ PIP
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Pip- beautiful thick hair! Love the curls!

Dana- nice picture of your backyard. I think we'll just have to be the uninsured and pay the fine. I hope that they will remove the fine. I can't believe that they can legally fine people for not having insurance especially when the insurance industry is making over 50% profit on people that have no choice. Regulate the profit margin and everyone could probably afford it.

Becca - we buy a lot of bulk items. Today we bought macadamia nuts and they are a lot cheaper and just as delicious. The only difference is that they are mostly pieces and smaller than brand names.

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Played golf today, just a little chilly but we stuck it out for 18 holes.
    Pip- you should have a date night so you can show off your beautiful hair.
    DH has a new gadget that will allow him to hear the tv through ear phones (if he can get it hooked up). I usually have to tell him What's being said then I miss the next words.
    Pat- glad your husband is doing so well. Good for you getting out of the house for his PT.
    Not much happening here just wait to see if the headphone work.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Thx :0)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    got home at a little after 5 and the heat is on.. all I can see are dollar signs but it will be going down in the 20's tonight and very windy so will let it do its thing...
    going to the movie tonight out the door and around the corner..love it..
    Pip, your hair looks beautiful
    I am trying to get a list together to grocery shop it has been a few weeks and have to shop for thanksgiving. brother and sil having it at there house easier on Faith so we will go there so I am making a couple of side dishes and bringing the rolls
    working 7:30-1 tomorrow
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Pip, Gorgeous curls, and you have such thick looking hair!!! Mine is getting so fine, and thinning!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla, our Fred Meyers here in Warrenton has an isle of bulk items. I need to investigate! One day on my own, without a bored husband!
    Becca
    Being opinionated is a good thing!