Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Dr Jason Fung - The Useless Concept of Calories

Options

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It would be a counter productive endeavour for me for sure lol.

Struggling for 90 days on a diet I know is not for me just to see if my cravings for things go away..
    I know they wouldn't. Lol. And I know they wouldn't cause I would be struggling for 90 days and counting down the days until I could give the diet the middle finger
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I dunno... maybe i am just a weirdo.. but.. i can make my own donairs..

fzx67i4t3d2j.jpg
    (Cause i know people are gonna be like.. what the *kitten* is a donair?!"

But despite that.. eventually i will get a craving for one from a take out place.. even with substitutes available.
    i know there are people out there who can just not substitute and just go without.. but i feel like the amount who can compared to the amount of keto enthusiasts claiming as such just don't add up..

you know eventually i am going to look like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who instead of ranting about a flat earth or the moon landing not happening, I will be jibber jabbering about keto and cravings lol

That's a Dürüm though!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how craving the taste and texture of a delicious food is an emotional craving? lol

Can someone explain how it isn't?

Craving a flavor/tactile experience is just that, A craving. It's not hunger. It feels like hunger. It acts like hunger, but it's not.

Yeah, but that's not emotion. It doesn't make me want to cry or hug my mother...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how craving the taste and texture of a delicious food is an emotional craving? lol

Craving a flavor/tactile experience is just that, A craving. It's not hunger. It feels like hunger. It acts like hunger, but it's not.

That's not an emotion, though. It's a hedonistic urge to be more precise. Saying cravings are emotional is dramatizing them.

Sometimes cravings can have an emotional element if they're attached to memories, but if they're sensation based? That's hedonic.

Exactly.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Yeah, but that's not emotion. It doesn't make me want to cry or hug my mother...

There are other emotions.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Ironically, the only cravings i cant control are fats. Which is onw reason i could never go keto. And the volume sucks *kitten*... do i couldnt handle that non sense.

Same. Cheeses, roasted nuts (especially pecans), whipped cream, butter, cured meats, garlic oil, hot oil .. hard to control for me.

This is why I eventually gained weight when I went low carb. :) Not so much the cured meats, all the other things plus stuff like egg salad, and chicken legs and being told I was supposedly naturally controlling calories?

Yeah, no.

That's a huge part of why I gained so much weight when I went on my insulin pump. Because in my head, I was *convinced* that carbs (and thus more insulin) were awful for snacks, and thus I was gravitating toward cheese and Italian deli meats. Because they were easy to eat, and required no prep work, and hey, they weren't those awful carbs.

And then I gained 10 pounds.

It's taking *a lot* of work for me to see that protein and fats aren't the evil devil creature that make you fat. I'm still working on that. I've joked with providers that I see that I'm the only person on earth who is terrified of protein.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options

fzx67i4t3d2j.jpg

But despite that.. eventually i will get a craving for one from a take out place.. even with substitutes available.
    i know there are people out there who can just not substitute and just go without.. but i feel like the amount who can compared to the amount of keto enthusiasts claiming as such just don't add up..

you know eventually i am going to look like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who instead of ranting about a flat earth or the moon landing not happening, I will be jibber jabbering about keto and cravings lol

That's a Dürüm though!

Probably in its original country of origin. However when it came to Halifax the recipe was changed and it became a donair. It's officially our official food of halifax.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Hahaha omg. I'm gonna click this when I get home
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

fzx67i4t3d2j.jpg

That's a Dürüm though!

Probably in its original country of origin. However when it came to Halifax the recipe was changed and it became a donair. It's officially our official food of halifax.

We call 'em donner kebabs here in the UK. Drunk food. If you're really all about the dirty drunk food you get just the donner meat on chips (fries).
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

fzx67i4t3d2j.jpg

That's a Dürüm though!

We call 'em donner kebabs here in the UK. Drunk food. If you're really all about the dirty drunk food you get just the donner meat on chips (fries).

<<droool>>
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

fzx67i4t3d2j.jpg

That's a Dürüm though!

Okay, it's got less vegetables and some sort of sweet cocktail sauce in a pita.

511551205.jpg
This discussion has been closed.