Options
    Thanks Lanette!

Terry - Love the crafts!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Terry beautiful crafts
    well I am tuckered ... been a long day and went to see my friends band play tonight, was down there for 2 hrs,,, bars are not my thing, I had earplugs in, and im not a drinker, I had a glass of white wine and water... that was int.. have laundry in the dryer and then as soon as thats done lights out..
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Tucked into bed and catching up. Love all the pics.
    Glad you liked the gnomes. They were pretty easy to make. I figure they cost about $5 each to make as I got just about everything from the dollar store. They are made from chenille socks and filled with rice. I made it 6 and have tomorrow go to get more items to make one more. They are going to be gifts for friends and and my cousin. I think I’ll see how well liked they are and if they are a hit, then they may be something I want to put in a craft show next year

Well that’s about all for now.

Terry in VT waiting for the snow that’s coming our way.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

I got so very far behind that I finally skipped some which I hate to do. I want to know everything going on with all of you and how each of you are doing…..but sometimes it doesn’t work out. Please know I’m thinking of you and hope all is well with each of you. Yesterday morning was the Brunch I planned for the Women of the Moose Christmas party. The food was good except for one thing and everyone had a good time. We had a gift exchange, I gave everyone their favors which seemed to go over well. I got large scented candles for them and a candle lighter. Each one was in a gift bag with red and green tissue paper. As part of the table decorations I got a Christmas mug for each lady and had them on the tables. As soon as we left the Brunch we headed to the staging area for the Christmas parade that we were in. It had been raining and cold for the past three days but finally stopped raining that morning. We never got any snow but there was plenty to the west of us. The temperature was in the low 40’s and the wind chill made it feel almost 10 degrees colder. It was a cold day to be sitting up on the back of a convertible, I’ll tell you that. The parade had a good turn out even with the chilly temperatures. May people on the sides of the streets were not only bundled up in winter garb but wrapped in blankets as well. There were lots of dogs with their coats and sweaters on. I’ll try to post a picture of us in the car. Well that didn't work and I'm exhausted so going to bed.

This is a busy week at the Moose. Tomorrow night I have a joint board meeting, Wednesday is the Kid’s Christmas Party for the Special Ed kids from school and we expect around 70 in attendance counting teachers, Thursday night is The Christmas Dinner for a special group of the ladies, and Saturday is the Kid’s Christmas Party for the children and grandchildren of the Lodge members. Thank goodness I have done all my Christmas shopping except for a couple of stocking stuffers.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and warm wishes to all of you. christmas-tree-2.gif

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Terry love your crafts. I used to do a lot of crafts. Been keeping up with the post but not much to add to the conversation.
    SueBDew in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    HI guys, been a long but nice day. Sang in the choir. People in the sanctuary saw me up there it's my sling on but when I cMe out of the choir loft with a fracture boot there were a lot of surprised faces. Kind of hard going down the steps with smal steps and rails but I did it. No problems holding the hymnal but all the Christmas are in the front of the hymnal so the heavy part of the hymnal was on my right hand.

The kids had their Christmas program tonight. They come up with the concept, write the whole things and pick the music. Some of the music is hand written by a couple of the older youth. I hope we have some future choir members from the older kids. We don't have a college group so the ones who graduated last year are still in the youth group and in a leadership role. There were 8 kids that played the guitar!

None of the pictures show up. :( I just get this little box with a ? In it. That's my little whine.

Joyce, indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Marcelyn, Matchka and Pip[/b]: Proud of you and your athletic feats.

I had the condo gym to myself this morning so did my workout with Handel's Messiah blasting. Oh yeah, I sang along with the altos. :*

Thanks everyone!!

I must say that after a 5 km run and a 160 km bicycle ride, my legs have attained a level of tiredness I haven't experienced in a while. Went for a semi-brisk 2 km walk at lunch to do some more Christmas shopping and felt like I was dragging my legs around with me rather than them propelling me!!

Both my husband and I are at work today, and while I'm feeling sorry for me and my legs, I wonder how he's doing. He's actually got to be active at work! I'll be surprised if we go for an after-work walk tonight. A bit of rest might be good. :)

I'm drinking lots of water and trying to get a bit of protein as well.

And I, too, would be singing with the altos. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Marcelyn, Matchka and Pip[/b]: Proud of you and your athletic feats.

I had the condo gym to myself this morning so did my workout with Handel's Messiah blasting. Oh yeah, I sang along with the altos. :*

Thanks everyone!!

I must say that after a 5 km run and a 160 km bicycle ride, my legs have attained a level of tiredness I haven't experienced in a while. Went for a semi-brisk 2 km walk at lunch to do some more Christmas shopping and felt like I was dragging my legs around with me rather than them propelling me!!

Both my husband and I are at work today, and while I'm feeling sorry for me and my legs, I wonder how he's doing. He's actually got to be active at work! I'll be surprised if we go for an after-work walk tonight. A bit of rest might be good. :)

I'm drinking lots of water and trying to get a bit of protein as well.

And I, too, would be singing with the altos. :)

Machka in Oz

BTW - this is the first time since 2011 that we've completed a CAM challenge (Century-A-Month)! I wasn't sure we'd ever do one again after that one in 2011, and November and December this year were particularly challenging what with workload and logistics. So it does feel good to have completed it! :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Wow Janetr - What a fabulous photo! You could use that for your Christmas cards next year!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate, is "boyfiend" on purpose, or a Freudian slip. LOL ?

LOL didn't even notice typo, actually he is a lovely boy

Kate