WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Lisa~ wasnt Alfie he was with me lol
    Morning Ladies~ a few accidents here and there but other than that he is very good.. though I think he might have caught Kennel Cough with being transported so off he goes to the vet before I go to work this morning... and then my DB will come down around 2 and get the older ones out and make sure Alfie uses wee wee pad before going back in crate..
    Alfie such a good little boy comes running right up to me to pick him up..
    I know he has a small bladder so will do my best with training... and I bought a training collar ,but honestly he really hasnt barked that much so might send it back..
    Also Have a Retractable Leash with Flashlight and bag holder that is brand new I wont be using , dont have package,, but will post it on marketplace and see if I can at least recoup the money for it.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Another dissatisfied Amazon customer here, FYI. My sister in Chicago and brother in New York didn’t get their packages from me this Christmas. I got refunds for Chicago ones but didn’t bother on the New York one.

Yesterday a small package was delivered to my home. That is unusual- we have been having most items shipped to the amazon lockers at 7-11 but for some reason this one said locker delivery unavailable so it was shipped to home directly.

Amazon own delivery service (not ups/usps) , a small bubble envelope, left on our lawn, not even brought to door of home. The only reason it didn’t blow away is it was raining and it was soaking wet. The item was fine- so I’m just joining the choruses of don’t use amazon this season!! I know only a couple more days will this be relevant, but still wanted to warn.

Rye
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    658733a2erak4138.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Beth - You are really having to work hard this Christmas. So sorry for all the upheavals and upsets. <3 I wish you a much more peaceful 2018. B)

Well, today I did my typing, then started on the chocolate roulade. It's cooked and I just have to turn it out (!), spread it with cream and roll it up. :o DH lined the pan and has made a disposable base for it out of cardboard and foil, so we can leave it in Hove.
    Then I made a soup for after Christmas lunches and I prepped the mushroom risotto for tonight. Poor DH had gone out to have his hair cut and was rather put out to find the sink piled up with huge pots and bowls. :o:o He set to it and soon we were all done and clean again.
    I want to get the cards blutaked up later today.
    We managed to get the kitchen light bulb changed, despite dropping one of the tiny nuts and having to search for it. They really don't make these things at all easy to change. It was a precarious and delicate two person job. :# That's why we have been putting it off.

Tomorrow is lunch out with my brother and DSIL. We have booked the posh pub as they are driving. :D I do know that there is a big party in just before us, so I am prepared for a wait. ;):* They always have very nice, sophisticated decorations there. :)

Having our 3rd AF day in a row today. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Terry, recently i found someone who said this about their weight loss: Never two days in a row.

It has helped me, I have a bad day (last weekend it was a party where there was a bowl of Chex mix! I can’t resist that!) and I acknowledge it but the next day I keep saying to myself Never two days in a row. What could have turned into a bad spiral was nipped in the bud, because all I had to do was commit to one day. The day after, well I could address it after I got through my Never two days.

Maybe this would help you? I hate to hear you so scared and down on yourself.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like something I could adopt for myself.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    langman22 wrote: »
    Joyce, sorry to hear about your difficulties. Sounds like you handled it with grace and dignity.

Rye, congrats on the size 8. All your hard work is paying off. Well done.

Sue, so glad your party was a success.

My eating was atrocious today. Made the peanut brittle today so everything is now all ready for Christmas. I so want to get back on track eating wise. I feel so out of control and scared. Cast comes off tomorrow so going to try harder to get back to eating better.

Terry

Glad to hear the cast is coming off. There is a quote I've seen in this group that goes something like "strategy is stronger than willpower". One of my strategies is to have 'clean' snacks front and center in my fridge and pantry: peeled hard boiled eggs, washed and trimmed celery, unsalted nuts pre-bagged in small portions and fresh sparkling water from my soda stream are some staples. We're right there with you, Terry.

Take care friends.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Thanks. Everyone has such good advice and support. Love you ladies!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth (((hug)))

Wendy Wow. Just wow. You are an artiste!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Katla - I love my IP for stews, curries and soups but I also use it for yoghurt (it's very easy to do lactose free) and yogurt cheese, sprout beans for salads and curries, cook healthy beans and grains, like quinoa, boil eggs that slip out of their skins, make steel cut porridge, proof bread that is made with the whey from the yoghurt, cook banana bread and I cook beetroot, potatoes etc etc. I could, if I wanted to, make cheesecake, custards, puddings etc. including lactose free. I do want to make a cheesecake, but only when I have an army to eat it! I fancy the salted caramel one. I was going to make one for DSIL and family, but I don't want left overs. I'm going to make something I can happily leave in the freezer in portions if no one wants any.
    A lot of people like making infused waters or teas. Or vanilla essence for presents. I haven't done that. But I might make Lemoncello one day. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Wendy: I appreciate your advice. You're right that Arrow is trying to teach me something. I think he's trying to teach me that I'm not the boss of him. I'm trying to teach him that I AM the boss of him. In fact, he really doesn't show respect for anyone. Sometimes I think I'm making progress and other times not. I'll talk to my teacher about the tarp idea. It would be a good idea if I have enough dominance to get him to do what I want. If it is just another case of him refusing to comply I'm afraid it would make things worse rather than better. He is 18 or so, and has been left in his stall far too much of the time for at least the last year and a half. I don't know about before then but it may have been much longer. He greets me when I go to get him from his stall and comes over to hang out where I am standing, but he does not show respect when I ask him to do something. He seems quite lazy except when the trainer comes with his mechanical cow to give cow cutting classes. Then Arrow is eager, interested and compliant. In fact, he is a star in that situation. :noway:

It is a foggy day here on the river and a tragic day in the State of Washington where an AMTRAK train derailed today and crashed off of an overpass onto I-5. It is at Dupont, right by Fort Lewis. Prayers for the families of the dead, and prayers for the injured & survivors. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon