Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    joyce sending healing wishes your way. <3<3<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    awww Joyce I am so sorry honey, hope your feeling better...going to soak in a nice tub, while I have one at my disposal.... and will probably call out sick tomorrow...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    I started wearing my size 10 jeans in the beginning n of December. I did not have any smaller ones to use as a mini goal so when we went to Costco and I saw the same style for 12.99 I picked up a size 8 pair. (Not the best style on me, but far from the worst style.).

Was pretty surprised when I tried them on before washing that they fit. Tight, yes, but not even embarrassingly tight, and since they have a bit of stretch they are not even uncomfortable. I have lost no weight in December (really since Thanksgiving), so I’m a tad surprised.

I was wearing these style jeans and pants in March-September (in size 14) October - Nov (size 12) and December I went with the size 10’s. I could wear the 8’s now if I wanted to!

Oooh one digit sizes!!! Congrats to you!!!!! I remember being an 8 in Japan, ( pre kids), and I thought I was huge. That society was strange because there were so many smaller size people. At 5'5" I still was a half a head taller! My girlfriend and I would go to the Japanese Dept stores. She was kind of a large lady, so we would wander the lingerie area. We'd ask if they had our sizes, then watch the sales ladies bow and shyly state "no have"! It was mean, I know, but in some ways it made us feel better! We already were being objectified any time we rode the trains, all Japanese men looking at us, like we had no heads whatsoever!

OK I went off topic, but I'm proud of you in your journey!!!
    Becca
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Oh Joyce, I'm so sorry that you had such a time at your cantata! I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Becca, is that nuke son? he looks so young! (not something that he really wants to hear, I'm sure!! lol)
    Rye, so happy for you! I suspect size 8 is just a dream for me..... But we'll see!
    Allie, sorry to hear that you're not feeling good either! Hope you feel better soon also!
    Machka, I so envy you with the cherries! When we first bought our old house, there was a cherry tree in the backyard. I remember going into the grocery store and looking at the price (and quality) of the cherries there and feeling awfully smug about my beautiful tree in the backyard. Then it suffered grievious bodily harm and had to come down. It was a very sad day....
    Sharon, hoping that people at work (customers and staff) are getting some of the "goodwill towards men" spirit in them
    Terrible time of year to be feeling unwell, sending healing thoughts out to all who need them!
    Have decided to not stress out about what I'm doing (or eating) til the end of the month, well, beginning of Jan. I will still try and keep some sort of a rein on what goes in my mouth, but I'm not going to drive myself nuts! (well, not past the level of nuts I've already reached! lol)
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    B)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    That is a smart and strong looking son, Becca!

Joyce, you take care of yourself, so sorry you had such a dreadful time of it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Congratulations to those who have lost weight, dropped a size, or reached a personal goal of exercising etc. Doubly hard at this time of year. <3
    I have had two AF days in a row. o:) Kept to my calorie goal too. Plus I am typing every day. o:)

Joyce - Sorry to hear about your nether troubles. I shall never hear the word cantata the same way again!

I will make my roulade tomorrow afternoon. DH will help. Plus get my cards up, plus change a difficult to access light bulb in the kitchen. My aches are a bit better since I had a nap on the sofa. My sleeping has been terrible lately. Long hours awake. :(

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Love this one
    6fy0ax3a0y33.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did a yoga DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Tone Trouble Zones DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

janetr - yea for you!!!!!

M - that tea sounds heavenly. I've gotta look for it or something like it around here

Rye - that's great that you got those size 8 pants! They may not be tight but you sure can use them as incentive to have them fit you looser

Joyce dear - so sorry that happened to you

Wrapped all the gifts while Vince was outside putting up MORE decorations. Now going to take a shower.

Love to everyone.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Joyce, sorry to hear about your difficulties. Sounds like you handled it with grace and dignity.

Rye, congrats on the size 8. All your hard work is paying off. Well done.

Sue, so glad your party was a success.

My eating was atrocious today. Made the peanut brittle today so everything is now all ready for Christmas. I so want to get back on track eating wise. I feel so out of control and scared. Cast comes off tomorrow so going to try harder to get back to eating better.

Terry
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    (((Joyce)))