My personal best in one day :)

Janetr OKC

Well done!!

Thank you :)

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well a bit of trouble sleeping one in a different bed than mine and 2 worried about Alfie. For a puppy he is doing pretty well..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ALLIE love Alfie I love scruffy dogs

I also love Dr Blake, Miss Fisher and Father Brown on TV also love the Scandi Noir and French Noir just finished WITNESSES and looking forward to another series of SPIRAL

Getting ready to fly out this afternoon, I always get a bit jittery and wonder if I should stay home but love it when I get there. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could be beamed to where we want to go like in StarTrek
    Will keep you all updated as long as WIFI is OK

Kate UK <3<3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Michele: Here is the fudge recipe I use. I use a semi sweet chocolate chip with the Jack; but some times I make a dark chocolate chip recipe with a cherry whiskey. The cherry is my favorite. Remember to keep it away from kids, as the alcohol is NOT cooked out of it.

Ingredients
    3 1/2 cups chocolate chips I used milk chocolate chips
    1 cup sweetened condensed milk (see note)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey

Instructions
    Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
    In a large bowl melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions.
    Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, the vanilla extract, and the whiskey.
    Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and let set completely (about four to eight hours). Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing.
    Store in an airtight container for two weeks.

Recipe Notes
    Make sure you measure this out. A can from the grocery store is 14 oz and more than you need. Also make sure you are buying sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk as they are on the shelf next to each other and that is an easy mistake to make.

Cheri- Happy Hannukah and enjoy your IP!!! Whoot!
    Allie- Alfie is adorable! Love his little white toes!
    Janet- Congrats on the personal best record! Very nice numbers!
    Rey and Machka- I was amazed to find out that one of the reasons why kids are such picky eaters; is that their taste receptors are brand new. They haven't been dulled by a lifetime of food burns, smoking, drinking, illnesses, all things that dull that sense. It explains why they tend to stay away from more bitter/spicy foods. It also explains the whole "20 tries" of a new food. I had a problem with almost all veggies and fruit as a kid. As an adult, I now love nearly all veg; but still stay away from fruit. I will eat a green apple or berries (if they are pureed in yogurt) but other than that, I don't do fruit.

I picked up chocolate cakes from the store and bought (gasp) bagged salad to take to the family Christmas Party. lol I never buy bagged salad. Shows how busy/lazy I am this weekend! Just have to put together the daycare family gifts and get my house cleaned today. One of my errands yesterday was to pick up a pair of yoga pants and a nice sweater for my MIL for Christmas. Found those at JCPenney. They had really good sales going on, thank god, because shopping for clothes for anyone is torture for me. I found three sweaters, a blouse, and a pair of "office" yoga pants for me. I love yoga pants; but I really needed some tops other than active-wear jackets and hoodies. (Which is what I wear all of the time). Anyway, glad it's done and hopefully I won't have to set foot in another clothing store until I lose about 50 pounds!

ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    DJ good to hear from you.

Count me in on Indian food, Murdoch Mysteries, Dr. Blake, and Midsomer Murders.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Kate- LOL I think about "beaming" ala Star Trek all of the time! That and/or flying cars! Have a safe trip.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Alison ~ Alfie is a cutie!

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the "bonus" room we live in. I'm the clutter bug, not my husband, but when the inside of my head starts to look like my living space, I have to do something about it. I've honestly lived in apartments with less room, so don't sweat not having too much space... plus of course, we have the kitchen downstairs and bathroom that we use. And the laundry room, of course, and the living room... pretty much everywhere in the house except the other bedrooms. We're all rubbing along quite well these days.

Evelyn - thank you for that! I enjoy writing the blog, and if you read it, you pretty much know what's on my mind that particular morning. Not one thing, but everything. :)

JanetR - Good on you! My Fitbit is more like my sleep tracker at the moment... :neutral:

Love y'all,
    Happily decluttering in NC
    Lisa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Here's the description of the Fit in Six that I have for the Wii (not the WiiU or whatever the newest one is called). It consists of programs of varying lengths covering cardio, balance, upper body strength, lower body strength, core strength and flexibility.

If anyone is interested in it, all I ask for is the cost of the postage which is usually a little less than $3. Just PM me.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well the pups are napping..put him in the crate while I was gone to feed DFIL and run a few errands.came and picked Alfie up and took him over to meet one of my neighbors...I came back and there on the bed was a dead wet mouse...well that freaked me out... Got it outside and chucked it...ewwwww.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Oh Allie! Ewww indeed! Good thing you found it before puppy had a chance to eat it, although I suspect that may be why it was wet. Oh my..... I need to stop thinking that one through!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Options
    o:)
  • Peach1948
    Options
    RYE ~ Amazing weight loss! :):)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    AftErnoon ladies. Well cantata was this morning. Although I am sure it sounded fine, the experience was awful. Wednesday night I started getting dizzy and I knew I would need to wear my support stockings. Was glad my arm and hand had improved enough I could put them on. But while we were singing the first song I started getting dizzy. I sat down before I passed out and was able to sing it sitting down although I'm sure it looked bad. But the worst part was my belly ache. So was the dizziness due to my usual neuro cardigenic syncope or was it due to what was going on in my colon. So.......I eventually let it all loose in my britches. My body had no choice, just happened. I was glad I had my heavy inconinence pad on as it held most of it. But not all. So as soon as we were done I took a less traveled route to the bathroom that I knew wouldn't be full and tried to clean myself up. But the dizziness was still there. I'm glad Charlie was up and I guess God told him to come outside and help me. I knew I couldn't get into the house without him. Been to the bathroom several times since I got home but am feeling better now. Just wish I could do the cantata over again.

Joyce, Indiana