Snap Judgments

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I assume that women who insist on keeping a baby when the father doesn't want it are either after the father's money or they desperately want to create a bond with someone who doesn't love them.

are they supposed to get rid of the baby just because the father is a POS?

So if a father doesn't want a baby, he is a POS...but if a woman doesn't want a baby, it's a woman right to choose? If a father doesn't want a baby, he should have every right to completely walk out of the situation with no responsibility before the child is born. The same way a woman can.

Fyi, I am a single dad with custody of my two kids. I in no way would ever walk out of their life. But men should have that option, same as women.

I actually agree. I just meant just because the father decided to put his d in someones v without protection and then decides he doesn't wanna deal with the consequences doesn't mean that the mother is after his money or his love if she decides she is gonna keep the baby.

But it doesn't mean he is a POS any more than getting an abortion means a woman is ;)

Oh no he’s still a POS. I’d you don’t want a baby then don’t make one. I’ve never accidentally gotten anyone pregnant. It’s not difficult to be safe and responsible.

I'm assuming butt stuff?

fbdgtycevzz4.gif
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    When I'm on a plane and I'm watching the people walk down the aisle, I assume that the one I'm hoping doesn't sit next to me is definitely the one who will sit there.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    When I'm on a plane and I'm watching the people walk down the aisle, I assume that the one I'm hoping doesn't sit next to me is definitely the one who will sit there.

The judgement comes in for the Why? Why don't you want them next to you? You assume they might smell...talk too much..have too much hmmm baggage???
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    girg71q0saan.gif

Don't mind me, nom, nom, nom.

Oh my god you're right.

Can I reuse my gif?!

The popcorn/drink one? Sure! :D

Please do. It will make this better.

Here goes

1vzo4rzaoubd.gif

I had to sift through a sea of Friends gifs to find this again

Lemme just grab ma' chicken. Popcorn isn't doing it for me.

sq02boag8u6o.gif
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I assume that women who insist on keeping a baby when the father doesn't want it are either after the father's money or they desperately want to create a bond with someone who doesn't love them.

I think it is wrong to consider all men who don't want a baby is pos. Maybe he is not ready, maybe he wants to be financially stable before having a baby. I believe it is too selfish to keep an unwanted baby. That poor little thing needs a father.

Wow. As someone who is a single mother and was raised by a single father...I kinda think you may need a bit of a reality check. A woman has a right to choose. So does a man. And they DON'T have to choose together.

A woman has a right to chose. A man...has a right to be at the mercy of the woman. That doesn't mean all woman in that situation is are gold diggers, though.

It is the woman's body though which is why she gets to chose. Imagine if you could legally force a woman to go through a pregnancy. That wouldn't be right.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

So if a father doesn't want a baby, he is a POS...but if a woman doesn't want a baby, it's a woman right to choose? If a father doesn't want a baby, he should have every right to completely walk out of the situation with no responsibility before the child is born. The same way a woman can.

Fyi, I am a single dad with custody of my two kids. I in no way would ever walk out of their life. But men should have that option, same as women.

When you say that a woman can walk out of the situation though, surely she can't. If she doesn't want a baby, she has two choices: an abortion or giving birth and then putting the baby up for adoption or something similar. A guy can just go, "nah not interested" and leave the woman to go it alone.

If the guy doesn't want a baby, then wear a condom (I know they're not a 100% effective but I believe both parties should be using protection if they really don't want a kid) or don't have sex, if you want to be absolutely sure.

Where I do agree with you though, is say the woman gives birth and then decides she doesn't want to know and gives the dad full custody, shouldn't she also be responsible for paying child support just like a guy would be responsible, legally, for paying it? Otherwise, the notion of equality of the sexes seems a bit hypocritical.

Yes, she can. She can get an abortion and be done. A man has no option. He is at the woman's mercy.

That being said, the non custodial parent is on the hook for child support. Regardless of gender. I mean, I have never gotten child support from my ex wife. But she has been broke since the divorce. She only wanted to be with me for money. So when she lost my money, she was broke. I didn't need child support from her, and felt no need to use it to try and *kitten* her over. So she has never paid. And I don't intend to make her.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options

I think it is wrong to consider all men who don't want a baby is pos. Maybe he is not ready, maybe he wants to be financially stable before having a baby. I believe it is too selfish to keep an unwanted baby. That poor little thing needs a father.

A mother is perfectly capable of playing both roles. Yes, having a father who's there for them would be the ideal situation but kids who don't have fathers involved in their lives can have just as much of a good life as kids who do.

Yes, you are right. But i would feel sorry for my child when she/he asks about the father and i wouldn't want to lie to him/her so i wouldn't keep the baby to not face this kind of situations. Maybe i am not a strong woman, i don't know.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    girg71q0saan.gif

Don't mind me, nom, nom, nom.

Oh my god you're right.

Can I reuse my gif?!

The popcorn/drink one? Sure! :D

Please do. It will make this better.

Here goes

1vzo4rzaoubd.gif

I had to sift through a sea of Friends gifs to find this again

This is cute haha
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Wow. As someone who is a single mother and was raised by a single father...I kinda think you may need a bit of a reality check. A woman has a right to choose. So does a man. And they DON'T have to choose together.

A woman has a right to chose. A man...has a right to be at the mercy of the woman. That doesn't mean all woman in that situation is are gold diggers, though.

It is the woman's body though which is why she gets to chose. Imagine if you could legal force a woman to go through a pregnancy. That wouldn't be right.

Let her choose if you wish. But choose for herself alone. If a man wants out, she can choose to keep the kid and know she is doing it alone.
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options

Except I don't agree that only women have the right to choose. In rape situations, yes. In any other....I will never agree with a woman who gets an abortion without the man's consent. Contraception is a two way street. So in any other kind of conception then if the woman doesn't want to the child and the man does...suck it up cupcake...have the baby and then give up your rights to the parent who wants the child.

All of this being said, I could never have one...but I DO very much believe in the rights of all parties involved.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I actually agree. I just meant just because the father decided to put his d in someones v without protection and then decides he doesn't wanna deal with the consequences doesn't mean that the mother is after his money or his love if she decides she is gonna keep the baby.

But it doesn't mean he is a POS any more than getting an abortion means a woman is ;)

Oh no he’s still a POS. I’d you don’t want a baby then don’t make one. I’ve never accidentally gotten anyone pregnant. It’s not difficult to be safe and responsible.

I said it doesn't make him a pos ANY MORE THAN a it makes a woman a pos to get an abortion. Any label you apply to said man, you logically equally apply to a woman who doesn't want the kid for whatever reason.

But it does still make him a POS. And I agree with your last sentence.

Why does it make a guy a POS if he doesn't want a baby? The only contraceptive method that I know which is 100% effective is abstaining. Say the condom splits or there's a hole in it and the lady gets pregnant, the guy doesn't want a kid hence why he was using a condom. Is he a POS for not changing his mind because of the situation?
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options
    jkou77 wrote: »

The judgement comes in for the Why? Why don't you want them next to you? You assume they might smell...talk too much..have too much hmmm baggage???
    Could be many different reasons. Maybe its a another wide shouldered person like me, maybe they have high shorts on with hairy legs. Maybe they have an Ed Hardy shirt on. Maybe they look like a drooler.
  • djeffreys10
    Options

Except I don't agree that only women have the right to choose. In rape situations, yes. In any other....I will never agree with a woman who gets an abortion without the man's consent. Contraception is a two way street. So in any other kind of conception then if the woman doesn't want to the child and the man does...suck it up cupcake...have the baby and then give up your rights to the parent who wants the child.

All of this being said, I could never have one...but I DO very much believe in the rights of all parties involved.

I think we have pretty much always been mostly in agreement on that issue lol
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options

Could be many different reasons. Maybe its a another wide shouldered person like me, maybe they have high shorts on with hairy legs. Maybe they have an Ed Hardy shirt on. Maybe they look like a drooler.

Soooo youre saying you hate droolers?
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options

Soooo youre saying you hate droolers?

Only uninvited ones