WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Machka, sure hope the fire doesn't affect you and that it gets put out quickly!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    M in Oz: We were plagued with fires last summer. The smoky air is horrid & I have great sympathy for your current situation. It may put a crimp in your training routine and biking for a while. Take good care of your lungs! :flowerforyou:

Michele: Thanks for the idea about keeping keys in the trunk of the car. Congrats on your victory on the scale and being out of the over weight range. :star:

Lisa: I hope the deployment situation for your daughter's battalion works out in a way that won't keep her separated from her family for too long. A year away from your children would be awful for everyone. I once had a student who was living with her grandma while military mom was deployed. In her case, living with grandma was a blessing. :heart:

Allie: I'm glad that you had a good time with your boss and coworkers. Your life seems to be transforming into a happier one. Three cheers! :smiley:

I'm in a situation with DD at the moment and need to try to work it out with her. We are visiting her and going on to visit DS, DDIL & the new baby. She wanted us to take an extra suitcase along so she could fill it with treasures she wants to share with the new baby. We were opposed to the idea of a checked bag. We've had very bad luck with checking a bag with airlines in the past. We've had them lose or mangle our baggage on the occasions that we've checked anything. I need to call her and work this out. I left her in tears last night and that is a horrible feeling.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Katla, what if your DD just boxes up the items and y’all UPS them to you DS? Or get a flat rate box from the USPS and fill it up. Either option is probabl6 cheaper and less hassle than checking a bag.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,831 Member
    Options
    I'm very tired,would like to take a nap ,but don't want to be a slug,really need to get up dad's and clean.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Thanks for the tip on how to fold fitted sheets. I will try that. I printed the instructions out and will follow them 'step-by-step'. I know I will be getting rid of a lot of them. Only keeping 2 or 3 (one flannel) sets so I can have one 'on' and one 'off' on laundry days. Now to decide which ones to keep or not. I know I will keep a set of flannel sheets along with 2 other sets.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Okie,
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Katla, what if your DD just boxes up the items and y’all UPS them to you DS? Or get a flat rate box from the USPS and fill it up. Either option is probabl6 cheaper and less hassle than checking a bag.

When I used to fly out to Indiana all the time to see my folks, I got tired of the airline losing my suitcase or sending it to another city.

So, I ended up picking out extra wardrobe items - undies, jeans, tops, sweaters - and UPS'd them to my folks house. From then on it was super easy flying out with just a carry-on and no risk of mess-up by the airline.

I think some airlines charge extra for suitcases so the UPS charge might be a wash anyhow.

Good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State