WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Alas, I let the Virgo Moon pass without any decluttering or organizing. Instead, when Joe invited me to walk on the
    beach then ride bikes nearby I said YES! More important to me to be receptive when Joe suggests activities. ;) He was surprised I wasn't "too busy". A little wakeup call... ;}

Barbie I'm really enjoying listening to "Better Next Year" while driving. Have put a hold on "Happiness Project". After I read it, and go through the exercises mindfully, will want to revisit Better Next Year. So much of what she says about good habit success depends on self knowledge, I look forward to clarifying that ;}
    Lou love your approach to NY resolution.
    Penny 500 g of raw veggies whole not juiced? smh ;)
    Machka I'm with you about Penny's life . . . and the month without sun. I don't think I'd be merely weeping, think I'd be catatonic. The cherries look beautiful! A long time 'til cherry season here... ;{ Strong winds and fire near you? Oh no! The Chetco Bar Fire here that started in July put our "soon to be" neighborhood under "go now" evacuation.We had to put off our move for a week and when we got here the heat and smoke were terrible. Fire wasn't out completely until the mid-October rains. Sure hope the fire doesn't come near you and that it's quickly extinguished.
    Lanette you inspire me but I won't let myself look at seed catalogs, til I've walked 20 mins for 6 out of 7 days. Motivation! Do any of your seed catalogs carry parseley root?
    Karen in UK Is your line dance social evening a weekly event? Any special faves? Here the Tues pm class starts next week after a holiday break, the Thur pm class continued throughout. I'm struggling to learn "clap happy" but enjoy "chain smokin', whiskey drinkin' summbeyatch" ;)
    Okie two sizes over the holidays! VERY well done!
    Lenora hope the sheet folding works out. Here's a YouTube demo but my arms are too short to do it his way so I need the chair :} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QXrZtXfo58
    Rye you don't sound crazy, just a natural born rebel.

Still 2 pages to go but way past my 20 mins.

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    January 2018 Accountability
    Friday - Jan 5th

✔1. Carbs 75g max with no more than 25g per meal.
    ✔2. Fiber 30g.
    ✔3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔4. Vegetables - eat a big veggie salad at least once a day.
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (11)
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking & get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter - daily mission.
    ✔9. Dress to shoes daily.

This is yesterday’s report.
    Today has been another good day.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Out of step with the prevailing sentiment here as usual. I rebel against ‘positive’ resolutions. Add x food, eat more veggies, etc. These become chores in my mind and then I tend only resent them. ...Rye

Not conflicted or crazy to me, but am also out of step, and happy to be so for now. Have finally reached detente with my body, and haven't gained an ounce or lost one in more than three months. Am happy with that right this minute, though wake up from dreams on occasion of losing 40 pounds in 40 days... but right now, am so godawfully tired of beating up my poor, battered body and my even more battered soul on the subject, that I'm pleased to just take a breath. Don't talk about it a lot here, because I'm not here for the weight loss anymore, or the maintenance, I'm here because I love you people. There's a full spectrum here.

Lisa in NC

Oh my dear, Lisa. I am SO IN TUNE with that. Unfortunately, or fortunately not sure, I am still beating myself up even tho I hate it. I'm back on the kick of loose it NOW. We love you too and would miss you very much if you were to go <3

Janetr OKC

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I find I don't have much to say tonight , I'm sure that won't last.

Stay safe, stay warm.

I will check in tomorrow.

-sharon in Lethbridge.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :(
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Alas, I let the Virgo Moon pass without any decluttering or organizing. Instead, when Joe invited me to walk on the
    beach then ride bikes nearby I said YES! More important to me to be receptive when Joe suggests activities. ;) He was surprised I wasn't "too busy". A little wakeup call... ;}

Barbie I'm really enjoying listening to "Better Next Year" while driving. Have put a hold on "Happiness Project". After I read it, and go through the exercises mindfully, will want to revisit Better Next Year. So much of what she says about good habit success depends on self knowledge, I look forward to clarifying that ;}
    Lou love your approach to NY resolution.
    Penny 500 g of raw veggies whole not juiced? smh ;)
    Machka I'm with you about Penny's life . . . and the month without sun. I don't think I'd be merely weeping, think I'd be catatonic. The cherries look beautiful! A long time 'til cherry season here... ;{ Strong winds and fire near you? Oh no! The Chetco Bar Fire here that started in July put our "soon to be" neighborhood under "go now" evacuation.We had to put off our move for a week and when we got here the heat and smoke were terrible. Fire wasn't out completely until the mid-October rains. Sure hope the fire doesn't come near you and that it's quickly extinguished.
    Lanette you inspire me but I won't let myself look at seed catalogs, til I've walked 20 mins for 6 out of 7 days. Motivation! Do any of your seed catalogs carry parseley root?
    Karen in UK Is your line dance social evening a weekly event? Any special faves? Here the Tues pm class starts next week after a holiday break, the Thur pm class continued throughout. I'm struggling to learn "clap happy" but enjoy "chain smokin', whiskey drinkin' summbeyatch" ;)
    Okie two sizes over the holidays! VERY well done!
    Lenora hope the sheet folding works out. Here's a YouTube demo but my arms are too short to do it his way so I need the chair :} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QXrZtXfo58
    Rye you don't sound crazy, just a natural born rebel.

Still 2 pages to go but way past my 20 mins.

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Barbara, the social evening was a great success. I've never been before to this one, I think they're held monthly. The hall was all decked out with American flags and most of the men were dressed like Johnny Cash. They had a county & western singer and everyone adapted certain dances to his music. I really enjoyed it. My classes are weekly and I've been going for about 20 years. My 2 faves at the moment are 'Ride Away' danced to same song by The Mavericks and 'Dance for Evermore' by Si Cranstoun. Have a look on youtube, they are so catchy.
    Regards,
    Karen UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,218 Member
    Options
    Review ... (Distances include cycling + walking + a bit of running)
    March 15: 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min
    April: 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min
    May: 361.81 km (224.8 miles) = 35 hours 50 min
    June: 569.53 km (353.9 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    July 2015: 230.7 km (143.35 miles) = 32 hours 45 min
    Aug: 211.3 km (131.3 miles) = 28 hours 8 min
    Sep 2015: 306.7 km (190.6 miles) = 35 hour 2 min
    Oct: 441.82 km (274.5 miles) = 47 hours 43 min
    Nov: 660.21 km (410.23 miles) = 60 hours 41 min
    Dec: 499.91 km (282.8 miles) = 54 hours 56 min
    Jan: 864.79 km (537.35 miles) = 65 hours 36 min
    Feb: 470.53 km (292.4 miles) = 40 hours 39 min
    March 16: 917.73 km (570.2 miles) = 66 hours 13 min
    April: 417.83 km (259.6 miles) = 40 hours 23 min
    May: 267.09 km (165.9 miles) = 36 hours 10 min
    June: 552.1 km (343 miles) = 54 hours 48 min
    July 2016: 709 km (440.5 miles) = 60 hours 41 minutes
    Aug: 775.9 km (482.1 miles) = 54 hours 52 minutes
    Sep 2016: 371.3 km (230.7 miles) = 32 hours 20 min
    Oct: 649 km (403.3 miles) = 49 hours 46 min
    Nov: 403 km (250.4 miles) = 52 hours 16 min
    Dec: 511.05 km (317.55 miles) = 52 hours 2 min
    Jan: 741.9 km (461.0 miles) = 70 hours 3 min
    Feb: 600.5 km (373.1 miles) = 57 hours 30 min
    Mar: 1113.2 km (691.7 miles) = 78 hours 25 min
    Apr: 1181.9 km (734.4 miles) = 76 hours 45 min
    May: 426.6 km (265.1 miles) = 39 hours 21 min
    June: 575.7 km (357.7 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    July: 714 km (443.7 miles) = 52 hours 23 min
    August: 475.8 km (295.6 miles) = 38 hours 41 min
    September: 455.5 km (283 miles) = 41 hours 25 min
    October: 647.1 km (402.1 miles) = 57 hours 19 min
    November: 427.0 km (265.3 miles) = 50 hours 4 min
    December: 553.5 km (343.9 miles) = 52 hours 12 min

Jan: 864.79 km (537.35 miles) = 65 hours 36 min
    Jan: 741.9 km (461.0 miles) = 70 hours 3 min

I've had some busy Januaries in the past! Here's hoping I can maintain the tradition! :)

Jan 1 - 4.9 km walking + running (32 min) + 32.5 km cycling (102 min)
    Jan 2 - 4.8 km walking (60 min)

Jan 3 - 2.6 km walking (30 min) + 8.6 km running (65 min)

Jan 4 - 2.9 km walking (36 min) + 15 flights of stairs (12 min)

Jan 5 - 2.6 km walking (30 min) _ 2.2 km running (18 min) + 5 flights of stairs (4 min)

Jan 6 - 0.6 km walking (7.5 min) + 15.8 indoor cycling (50 min) + 10 min weightlifting

Jan 7 - 3.4 km walking (42 min) + 10.7 km running (1:21) + 21.4 km cycling (67 min)

2017 Monthly January
    Walking Distance (km): 43.3
    Walking Time (min): 401.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 69.7
    Cycling Time (min): 220.1
    Stairs Climbed Number: 20.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 16.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 10.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 113.0
    Total Distance (miles): 70.2
    Total Time (min): 647.9
    Total Time (hr): 10:47:51
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,218 Member
    Options
    Back to school tomorrow!

Machka in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Machka good luck tomorrow! You’ll do great!!

Okie

edited because I didn’t notice it spell checked Machka to Nachos!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Barbara S Oregon - I have 2 leads for parsley root seeds: territorialseed.com and rareseeds.com. Territorial is based in Oregon. Our local feed store has their seed rack and also will order seeds for people so they don't have to pay postage, the order goes in every week or 2.

Kim - hooray on getting waterproof boots! And having a temporary vegan roommate sounds intriguing.

Wendy
    - I kind of eat like you do with the big salads for supper. My vegan friend gave me a neat recipe for ranch dressing using a bit of nut milk, vinegar, minced/pressed garlic, onion, parsley, dill, and mayo - I use vegenaise made with grapeseed oil just because I like the taste and texture. It's close to hidden valley. Not low calorie. B)

Barbie
    - you did great on your stats despite that all day meeting. I am not a meeting person either. Fifteen minutes tops, lol. Hard for me to sit any longer it seems unless I'm taking a nap, B) . I'm guessing that would not have gone over well at the meeting you attended.

Re - thank you for the stop-in! Glad you are back on track and feeling the pain, lol.

Katla
    - hope your DD makes her peace with shipping those items via UPS or USPS. I always feel funny being responsible for the safekeeping of other people's stuff if there are other alternatives. I am so glad your dog is on the mend!! I too have had the brain freeze. Sometimes I am puzzled when someone asks me my phone number - but I know I'm not the only one. I don't call myself so why would I know that? LOL! And I've been known to put our Seattle zip code from 20+ years ago when I'm writing our address. Not my fault - it's my brain! Too much stuff in there. :D

Karen in NY - enjoy your mini vacation. When my DH worked out of town, I loved it - was able to do some good closet cleaning, not have to cook, etc. Now that he's home all the time it's cramping my style, lol. That was and is one of the hardest things about both of us being retired. He wants to HELP and I'd rather he go work outside for half the day. It is getting better tho- we have both had to make adjustments.

KJ - glad you made it back to the freezer in Michigan, and will be able to shovel to your heart's content. Thanks again for posting those photos of you and Cathy and Sue!! Is this the last round with the dentist for your DH? Hope he's not too grumpy.

By the way, I have started to read "Back in Control" by Dr. David Hanscom, a spinal surgeon at Swedish in Seattle. He has a method of averting pain by retraining the brain's pain signals and has many patients who have avoided surgery. One of the guidelines is to not talk about the pain (let it go?). My DH's arthritis and hips especially have been hurting him. Other than groaning a little and limping when he first gets up, he doesn't really talk about the pain. Perhaps this is his way of pushing the pain aside as well. I have some chronic pain I would like to work on so may try Hanscom's methods - it looks like it would work on migraines and other pain, not just the spine. If any of you want to check it out: www.backincontrol.com

Becca - I tried to reach through the screen and help myself to some of your trail mix. Looks great! Glad fasting is working for you!!

Machka - I have cherries in the freezer and will have to dig some out thanks to your reminder. Your trifle looks yummy. Enjoy running on the beach!

Joyce
    - I am praying they get your blood pressure stabilized! I have been sending you calm thoughts the past couple days but it appears they got frozen on the way and didn't make it! How are the girls doing? When you get a chance, please catch us up. Glad your kitties are keeping close company!

Rori - that cruise sounds like great fun and your outfit with pearls should be perfect. Push-ups-- Good for you! Glad you and your DH will be able to get away and soak up some sunshine for a while.

Yesterday, it hit 50 so I was able to catch up on yard work I didn't do last fall when it was so blasted hot and smoky around here. Garden looks better, did a little weeding and trimming. Felt good to breathe warm fresh air and have a little sun on my arms. Back into a rainy pattern for a few days here but no freezing temps. Midwest and east coast and southern gals... the warm-up is coming!

Lanette
    SW WA State