kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    DH just got back from the DDS and is angry, feels the man is a cheat. Quoted $2300 for crown lenghthening/new crown on rearmost molar. Required $1000 today then balance when crown done. After 10 minutes work cutting away gum he said new crown wouldn't last, needs a $4800 titanium "tooth". He'd apply today's $1000 toward it bringing new cost down to $3800. When I spoke with front desk, she said we still have the option to continue with the original crown, with the understanding that it "may" not last. Joe never wants to see that man again, but because of the $$ we're into it is willing to go for the original crown. What do you think?

Lanette Sorry your community is losing those stores. Will there still be a Sears catalog store? Internet shopping is a blessing and a curse, can get things shipped to us we can't get here, but at cost of local jobs and economic impact.

Oops 5 pages to go but time's up.
    Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

I think you should get a second opion

I agree. Crowns are expensive and so are the implants. Another quote is worth the time and effort because it is your teeth.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    DH just got back from the DDS and is angry, feels the man is a cheat. Quoted $2300 for crown lenghthening/new crown on rearmost molar. Required $1000 today then balance when crown done. After 10 minutes work cutting away gum he said new crown wouldn't last, needs a $4800 titanium "tooth". He'd apply today's $1000 toward it bringing new cost down to $3800. When I spoke with front desk, she said we still have the option to continue with the original crown, with the understanding that it "may" not last. Joe never wants to see that man again, but because of the $$ we're into it is willing to go for the original crown. What do you think?

Lanette Sorry your community is losing those stores. Will there still be a Sears catalog store? Internet shopping is a blessing and a curse, can get things shipped to us we can't get here, but at cost of local jobs and economic impact.

Oops 5 pages to go but time's up.
    Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Barbara - I agree with Terry and Margaret.

A couple years ago, my regular dentist retired (I had gone to him for 20 years) he was conservative meaning cautious and had a "wait and see" attitude unless something was an emergency. I had good insurance but he didn't recommend a crown unless it was absolutely necessary.

He sold his practice to a fellow who was aggressive meaning the first year he talked me into THREE new crowns and only 2 were covered by insurance. His hygienist was a sadist and pain inflictor when giving shots :s so I quit going there despite the fact that per their X-rays I still needed TWO new crowns! Good gravy.

So I went to a new dentist my friend goes to. He and his partner are conservative as far as crowns go. They also took X-rays and saw nothing to indicate I needed 2 more crowns!! GGRR. Their hygienist is a gem. The partners are Korean and young - mid 30's. Not that that makes any difference. They gave out good vibes.

When something doesn't sit right like that expensive titanium tooth, it's good to listen to your gut.

Good luck!!! I feel for your DH!!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Went to cinema today and watched "All the money in the world". Excellent movie but what a sad story, they were so rich that it spoilt all of their lives.
    Karen UK
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    :/<3:/
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie, just rec'd your packet today! You are a dear!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    dcmiaxxbswuk.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    I am a firm believer of food for thought!
    Becca
  • loumoon5
    loumoon5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today feels like a cupcake day.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Today I made turkey soup. I had one lone turkey slice, from a meal I made my husband. I bought 1 bokchoy thingy, and 1 zucchini today. We went to our local market, and I had bought a huge cube steak for $2.99. So I sautéed the cut up bokchoy, half of the zucchini cubed, the turkey shredded, some cubed celery, in a drizzle of olive oil, tumeric, Cayenne pepper, and course pepper. I made some chicken broth with Better Than Bouillon chicken paste, and added some fancy pasta, and two spoonfuls of diced tomatoes. When the pasta was done, I added the sautéed stuff. It made a soup with quite a kick! I added mozzarella cheese on top. It was heaven. I have two more containers of it!
    Becca
    Oregon