• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    This is on our DD’s wall.I don’t try very hard! :D

agou2zgu7g3a.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone wondered what I eat when I'm losing weight ...
    I eat close to the same things every day ...

10:30 am - 1 crackers & cheese snack
    12:30 pm - 1 banana
    2:00 pm - lunch. This is usually steamed veggies, chicken, and brown rice, but might vary a bit.
    3:30 pm - 1 yogurt (150 grams)
    4:30 pm - 2 kiwi fruit or a mandarin orange or an apple
    6:00 pm - 100 grams of cottage cheese, cucumber slices, maybe carrot or radishes + 2-4 rye crackers with a bit of margarine
    8:00 pm - dinner. This varies but is usually steamed veggies with something.
    9:30 pm - 150-175 grams of yogurt
    11:00 pm - toast with nutella and honey ... if I've got enough calories for them. If I haven't done enough exercise, this gets dropped.
    And occasionally a few cheese crackers to end my day if I'm up past about 12:30 am ... if I've got the calories for them.

This probably doesn't appeal to everyone, but after some experimentation, it works for me. :)

And as I've mentioned a bit earlier, I need to get back on that again ... next week. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Thursday --

Today, I walked 14.5 km in total!! I tracked some of it on Strava, but the rest was commute and a walk down to the beach and back.

It was a lovely hot day and I had to get from the university to the middle of the city to pick up my ride packet ... and the bus is just so inconvenient.

Then when I got home, my feet were so hot (black shoes and socks all day), all I wanted to do was to get down to the beach and get in the water! So that's what my husband and I did ... a lovely wade at the beach, and then dinner at the restaurant right there.

So I've done half of the class portion of this course. Tomorrow I go for my last class this week ... thank goodness. I am looking forward to a short break this weekend ... it's a lot of information in a short amount of time! And then I've got Monday - Wednesday next week. Then it's back to work, but I've got a project for this class to do. Apparently we're supposed to find out about this project tomorrow, I think.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Allie - Sending my best wishes across the pond. <3 So frustrating and tiring for you. Yes, do go out and have some fun.

Lisa - You told your daughter that you would be there for her next posting and that was a great load off her mind, A great decision. After that I should make it clear now that you are your own masters. You are not responsible for her choices.
    I'm very bad with uncertainty, so I always need everyone to know exactly where we stand and what our commitments are to each other. I'm like that with people visiting and everything - need to be clear on ETAS and leaving times so I can plan. I know I'm a bit of a control freak, but I try to be polite about it! :laugh:
    One of the problems about this possible move to Hove is that we can't hurry it up and are in the market's hands. I am trying to be philosophical about it all. ;):* No bites yet this year.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie Wow! You still have your wisdom teeth! That is amazing! No wonder you have a tough time at the dentist and have to go so frequently.

Lisa You are giving your daughter & her family an enormous gift by being there to help with the grandchildren. Like any gift, you get to decide where it ends. Some things you have said in other posts makes me think your daughter is a lot like you, so she gets it. You just have to give her quite a bit of lead time so she can arrange other options for child care when you leave, and get her heartstrings in order... <3

Karen in Virginia who was up at 3 a.m. shutting off the valve to an outdoor spigot that has NEVER needed to be shut off before, but has now ruptured - ugh
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 week 2 of c25k. :drinker: It's ridiculous how happy it makes me. :laugh: My dodgy knee was a bit grumpy, but it didn't let me down.
    I've discovered that most of my downloaded tracks fit perfectly with my walking pace, but not with my shuffle/run. So I'm just playing any fun, upbeat music , including my dancing play list. Makes me smile!

On to make IP soup from the IP Indian cookbook. Tomato and Coconut. My DSIL said it was one of the best soups she'd ever had! It's for my son tomorrow. Then I'm going to make some choc/nut/raisin drop things from the newspaper that we can have when we get back from the pub instead of dessert. I will have half of one of DH's. :o:p>:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kelly Your plan for today looks great except not quite enough calories. How about an ounce of nuts? I might be calculating wrong. <3

Heather So inspiring that you are doing couch to 5K. I started it a year ago and didn't finish. :s

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    M