GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :/
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    When I can't sleet because my mind is whizzing, I have a notebook by my bed and I write my thoughts down. Seems once they are down I don't have to think about them because they are stored in the notebook where they will be there for me when I wake up. I've also heard of people who have worry jars and write down their worries and put them in the jar. We each have to find a way that works for them.

Love the idea of a worry jar too. I have also heard of a worry doll that you give your worries to.

I got about half way through episode 2 of The Broken Brain. They give compelling arguments about the importance of gut health. They talked about the negative effects of sugar and artificial sweeteners on the gut. One person interviewed also talked about how you may appear to have enough of a nutrient in your blood but for some reason your cells are having trouble using it properly.

They also talked at length how too much sugar can effect your ability to think clearly. I have heard some of these ideas before. It does come back to eating the healthiest diet you can find and afford. Again the take away is to reduce sugar in my diet (read labels) and add more omega 3 fats to my diet.

Hope to finish it tomorrow.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Rye - glad the Strong Women strength training is helping. I am hooked on it! Thank you for the balance exercises. I try to do #1 each day and will add #2. I was doing #3 as part of my Strong Women routine - but I discovered it was triggering some pain in the ball of my left foot :( . So will lay off for a while.

You inspired me to add half a mile to my walk this morning. With DH being unable to walk far anymore, I need to take advantage of what I can do and get my walks in as much as I can.

Of course, there's Pip and her boot. I don't want it to come to that! :#B)

Lanette
    Sunny and cool SW WA State

Lmao!!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Wendy, I use Dropbox.com for the cloud. You use an email account to sign up.

RV Rita
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    colorful-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

DJ
    Myrtle Beach
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Lanette - yes, two up to 4 people can play Rummikub. It's not a game where you REALLY need to concentrate (unlike bridge), but it can be very challenging. Another game that 2 people can play that I believe requires more concentration (but not as much as bridge) is cribbage. You can look those games up online and see if either of them interest you

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

all apple watch-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.17min, 10.8amph. 1.4mi= 64c
    TREADMILL, walk/slow jog, every other song- 45min, 0-2.5incl, 4.0-4.6sp, 3.20mi= 354c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.04min, 14.4amph, 138mhr, 1.4mi= 50c
    Bike ride PUY 2 SUMN STA- 16.21min, 139mhr, 11.1amph, 3mi= 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.03min, 147mhr, 9.59min mi, .5mi= 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.21min, 9.35min mi, .4mi = 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.40min, 7.9amph, 2.5mi = 143c

total cal 830c
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up. It is so cold here today but will be even colder tonight. Went to Yoga and rode the exercise bike for a while.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with Reader’s Digest Condensed Books? I have lots of them and would like to donate but don’t know where to take them.
    Late so need to get off computer.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Finally caught up. It is so cold here today but will be even colder tonight. Went to Yoga and rode the exercise bike for a while.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with Reader’s Digest Condensed Books? I have lots of them and would like to donate but don’t know where to take them.
    Late so need to get off computer.
    SueBDew in TX

Used bookstores! I grew up going to used bookstores.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    This is so true for me and books:

“When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” ― Erasmus.

Stories feed you better than food.

<3 Wendy
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding sleep ... I'm so tired that when I lie down, I'm asleep. Actually sometimes even when I'm sitting up, I'm asleep.

That's one of the side effects of being an "energiser bunny" :grin:

But more specifically ...

I find that if I slack off on the exercise, I have more trouble sleeping. So if I haven't exercised much in a week or so, I find that I'm tossing and turning a bit. That's usually a good incentive to get out there the next day and put in some effort.

Also, during my last half hour or so of the day, I might have a cup of chamomile tea. It usually seems to relax me a little.

And ever since I went into perimenopause, I've been taking valerian. The pharmacist I talked to told me to take it and lie down right away. It might not necessarily help me fall asleep but is supposed help keep me asleep through the night. I'm not sure how much difference it is making now, but it certainly seemed to make a difference in the early years.

Regarding lists ... I'm a list maker.

I use Outlook's calendar at work and also have another copy of my Things To Do list in email format. I email that one to myself at work, and then to myself at home, and back and forth ... with edits as I check things off the list and add new things.

With that combination, most of the time I know exactly what I need to do each day, and what I would like to get done if I have time. So most of the time, I can just trust my system, and I don't need to worry, and I can shut off the "fuss mode" and go to sleep at night. :)

I say "most of the time" because it isn't 100% fool proof. Some stuff does slip through the cracks occasionally, but nothing too disastrous. :sunglasses:

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Do any of you know of any vitamin or herbal supplement to help with this nerve pain. My Neurontin hasn't helped at all yet. And this cold is driving me crazy. And if I use anything cold, such as an ink pen, touch my cell phone, iPad, etc it also drives it crazy. So life isn't so good right now. Plus my blood pressure isn't going down. It isn't going sky high crazy afain but it still is in the 150/80 range. I was supposed to call my family doc yesterday and forgot. Grocery shopping day on a freezing day while it snowed 2 more inches. Made me forget. Now everything is just frozen out there. Businesses sometimes aren't to smart as to where they shovel their snow to, it cuts off handicap spaces and then as it melts, it becomes ice in a handicap space. Not good. So my fingers, cheek and lips are in misery and need suggestions as to whether there is a vitamin or Herb I could take. I will sell you my soul if it works!

Call your doctor as soon as you can.

Also, go talk to a fully-qualified pharmacist. I've found they can be quite helpful.

And look up Raynaud's disease.
    https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/raynauds-phenomenon

M in Oz