Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA that ad almost makes Ovaltine appealing... almost ;)
    Rye it stinks to be sick on the only non-work days. :(
    p1ieeeyqh7z6.jpg
    Welcome mariemystic! "80% of success is just showing up"
    Allie what a precious gift from heaven Alfie is! Brings the love and joy you need at this time. Give him a love from me :)
    Evelyn productive day indeed. Well done!
    Terry great name! Will the Speaking in Rings be in a ring shaped circle or spiral on your biz cards?
    Barbie look forward to any hints from Thinner this Year that resonate ;)
    Lanette Dancing is great fun, and the longer you do it the more you "glow" ;)

So DH is taking himself for a bicycle ride giving me a few free hours this morning. Determined not to waste them on computer or housework. Will report back tomorrow.

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Fried up the rest of the cod, catfish and tilapia from Christmas Eve. still have the flounder to fry up another day. It's still frozen.

Karen UK - contgrats on the new job. No, your post wasn't too long or boring. We love hearing about everyone's accomplishments, no matter what they are.

KJ - love the potty boot camp. What all did you do? I bet it was very innovative -- you always come up with such creative ideas.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Allie OMG! Alfie is ADORABLE!

Kelly LOL! Potty Boot Camp! How great. Were they competitive?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sisters:

What do you eat for breakfast?

What sorts of jobs are you retired from? Or, like me, are you still working?

Do you work part-time, or volunteer in retirement?

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wendy: Bringing in a kid to work with Arrow would be a good idea, and I'm sure that Arrow's owner would have done that already if anyone was capable and available. I think he's stuck with a couple of old women. :ohwell:

globedit: Welcome to a great group of supportive women! :smiley:

Heather: "Another thing we talk about in this group is Mental Hygiene. Equally important." Well said! :star: I like what you had to say about leaving something behind, reluctance, and receiving the new word, embrace. This is a brilliant idea, and a great way to clean our emotional house and create a positive mindset. :smile: Congratulations on taking your walk in the foul weather. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Lisa: I just looked up the question of what happens to the military during a government shut down. The answer I read was that active duty soldiers keep working, and will eventually receive all pay due them. I hope your family is not too inconvenienced. My son is also active duty military. I'm happy that you and Corey are taking some time together. :heart:

Lanette: Thanks for the information about cleaners. We have issues with our cleaner's rush and lack of thoroughness when she is here. We provide all the cleaning tools and products that she uses. I am obviously not very happy with the situation. :grumble:

Karen UK: Congratulations on your new job! I hope you enjoy it. :smiley:

Rita: Love the photo. You seem to be having a good time with your new lifestyle. Congratulations!!! :bigsmile:

Heather (& anyone else who is an Elvis fan): Last night I watched a TV program called Elvis Behind Closed Doors. It was excellent and fairly well balanced, in my opinion. If you can find it I think you would enjoy it. It was on one of our satellite channels. There were many clips of him from the early years to the end, and interviews with friends and colleagues including Wayne Newton, Pat Boone, and at least one of the Stanleys as well as a few women who were in his friendship group. There was no hint about the horrible program that Geraldo Rivera did after his death years ago. Thank goodness. I googled it and found that it may be available online.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast?
    Coffee no breakfast
    What sorts of jobs are you retired from? Or, like me, are you still working?still working. Have had a number of different jobs all office: paralegal, computer software trainer, office manager etc.

Do you work part-time, or volunteer in retirement?Currently part time but expect to go back to full time in next year or two.

Good questions, Karen, I will be interested to see what we get!

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather (& anyone else who is an Elvis fan): Last night I watched a TV program called Elvis Behind Closed Doors. It was excellent and fairly well balanced, in my opinion. If you can find it I think you would enjoy it. It was on one of our satellite channels. There were many clips of him from the early years to the end, and interviews with friends and colleagues including Wayne Newton, Pat Boone, and at least one of the Stanleys as well as a few women who were in his friendship group. There was no hint about the horrible program that Geraldo Rivera did after his death years ago. Thank goodness. I googled it and found that it may be available online.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Not much of a fan, nor do I remember the Geraldo thing (tho I can imagine) but recently an odd thing was said to me by co-worker B, a young woman of about 25 years.

“Do you think Elvis is dead”? She asked. “I’m 100% certain that man isn’t alive. “. “ But you don’t think he could have faked it...”.

I told her I really had no opinion on whether he faked his death or not, but in looking at the pictures taken in the last year of his life I doubted his health was good enough for 10 more years, let alone 50. She looked at me shocked like, “That’s true!” She exclaimed.

Ah youth and naïveté- so sweet.
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia:-
    I don't eat breakfast, just have 2 cupsof tea.
    I always worked in office administration/accounts.
    My new job will be part time and during school term time only.
    Karen UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lisa glad you decided to take a night to yourselves. Sounds like you have a solid plan for the time with the grandkids. They are such a Lucky family to have you and Corey, what a blessing. And even when you hit a bump (which you probably will) you’ll find a way to laugh and hug and cuddle it out.

Karen I am a breakfast eater, sometimes delayed a few hours but usually yogurt and fruit or a simple egg.

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Karen UK Great to see someone from UK on our thread, love our US and Australian and New Zealand gals but I are sometimes feel a bit lonely not sure how Heather feels.

Watching snooker at the moment, not sure if popular in US but DH and I love it, don't like football at all