WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Lanette - no, we will sign in front of any notary here, and FedEx to the title company. As we're receiving money, instead of giving it out, it's a much less onerous process on our side.

Lisa in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    629698byfx5lk6ls.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have watched 4 episodes of Broken Brain. There is a lot of redundancy, with the main message to eat healthy fats & adequate protein, limit carbohydrates especially sugar & fructose, get enough sleep, and exercise daily including HIIT. Stay off the couch and on your feet. Stuff we know. It is reinforcing to hear it again, and although I am not learning anything new, I have renewed determination.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for Broken Brain, Lanette! It is full of good information.

Yoga today and working toward getting ready for our trip east.

Katla
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Becca - So sorry to hear about your stepdad. I too had a wonderful step-father that I got in 9th grade. When I lost him it was hard. He told me when we got him that he didn't want to be my Dad, I had one of those already (who was still very much in my life), he just wanted to be my friend. And he was, he was one of my very best friends. He always considered me his daughter and my hubs his son. I was never a step to him. Hugs my friend!

Okie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Lanette regarding Intermittent Fasting. I don’t know if I mentioned this.

Many people only find it hard the first couple of days. And they seem to find it hard because they keep thinking about food during the fasting time. Like any habit, it gets so much easier as you go along and you will quickly get to the point when you can do it without any thought - certainly without any hunger.

I have been doing the 16: 8 (or 15:9 with my schedule now) for months. The only times I get tempted in the “off“ hours are when I see or read something about a specific food that makes me think about it. Right now the abundance of Valentine’s Day commercials are making me think about chocolates at night. I try to keep a cup of coffee or herbal tea with me at night and the temptations generally only last a brief moment.

—-
    Still sick. The instant strep throat test was negative but nurse sent it in regular to be certain.

Rye

Rye - thank you for that info! I made it 14 hours which I think was good. I am using to eating dinner real early and being finished up by 4 pm -- but my body was used to my "2nd dinner" which started back in the snack cupboard at around 6 pm and lasting until I went to bed. >:) So I need to plan my one and only dinner better and get enough protein and good fat.

Glad you don't have strep throat (maybe). Do you think you caught it from the sick folks at your workplace?

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Thanks again for Broken Brain, Lanette! It is full of good information.

Yoga today and working toward getting ready for our trip east.

Katla

Katla
    - you are very welcome. When do you head east?

Lanette
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    Lanette regarding Intermittent Fasting. I don’t know if I mentioned this.

Many people only find it hard the first couple of days. And they seem to find it hard because they keep thinking about food during the fasting time. Like any habit, it gets so much easier as you go along and you will quickly get to the point when you can do it without any thought - certainly without any hunger.

I have been doing the 16: 8 (or 15:9 with my schedule now) for months. The only times I get tempted in the “off“ hours are when I see or read something about a specific food that makes me think about it. Right now the abundance of Valentine’s Day commercials are making me think about chocolates at night. I try to keep a cup of coffee or herbal tea with me at night and the temptations generally only last a brief moment.

—-
    Still sick. The instant strep throat test was negative but nurse sent it in regular to be certain.

Rye

Rye - thank you for that info! I made it 14 hours which I think was good. I am using to eating dinner real early and being finished up by 4 pm -- but my body was used to my "2nd dinner" which started back in the snack cupboard at around 6 pm and lasting until I went to bed. >:) So I need to plan my one and only dinner better and get enough protein and good fat.

Glad you don't have strep throat (maybe). Do you think you caught it from the sick folks at your workplace?

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

Ach! I am sick. I forgot the whole reason I posted this!

TIP: get busy! Starting to intermittently fast is so much easier if you have made sure that you are busy during the fasting time. I planned a whole bunch of cleaned out the cupboard type of tasks for the first mornings when I started this process. As soon as I would think maybe I want to eat earlier than I planned, I would start cleaning a new cabinet. That made me forget all about food. Pretty soon the eating window time had rolled around and all was good.

I think my co-workers are likely but not certainly the vector for my illness. :(
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Monday, Monday....So good to me! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Becca - So sorry to hear about your stepdad. I too had a wonderful step-father that I got in 9th grade. When I lost him it was hard. He told me when we got him that he didn't want to be my Dad, I had one of those already (who was still very much in my life), he just wanted to be my friend. And he was, he was one of my very best friends. He always considered me his daughter and my hubs his son. I was never a step to him. Hugs my friend!

Okie

Oh you had an awesome stepfather! I remember the moment I heard his fancy business shoes clipping on our floors in the kitchen. A man sound, and quite a comfort! My father was a strange guy. My Mom said he turned 50 and funny, so hence the divorce. He told me once when I had my visitation with him that Barry Manilow sounds so amazing after you smoke pot!!! Geez, Dad way to act like a grown up... I also would call my father, dialing over and over until I was a puddle of tears. This was when I was a freshman in high school. My poor Mom had to clean up those drama filled moments. At one time I decided to call my birth father not my father but a friend. Because my definition of a father is someone that is there for me, and he was off finding himself. I have a particular memory of him and I playing a nice friendly game of tennis one visit. I hit the ball so hard, and he did too! Like two angry adult/children!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rye, Hope your throat feels better! When I was stationed in Japan, I was so sick. My girlfriend was dealing with a bladder infection, so we both limped to the ER on base. After both being seen, she asked what I had, and I garbled "strep throat". I asked what she had and she exclaimed Pregnant! So we joke that her son started out as a bladder infection!

Get better soon!
    Becca
    Oregon