JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    ho0353 wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)
    After having binge eating problems for years and deciding to get some help this year and get fit, I’ve bern searching for a community of people striving to start and keep up good habits. And here you are! What a great thread! Lack of Discipline and inconsistency are the two things holding me back from reaching my goals and that lock me into a cycle of self-sabotage when I’ve broken my good habits.

But This thread gives me hope that it’s just about getting up each day, and getting on with your workout, no matter how you feel or what you did yesterday. And that I’m not alone in my struggles.
    So here are my Friday goals, speak to you soon :)

So glad to have you join us. I also have a problem with binge eating, compulsive eating. This thread is awesome -- with the most motivating, encouraging people! SO a big welcome!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on drinking more water :) Did so much better today -- carrying my water bottle with me almost all day
    3. April challenge -- 8 glasses of water :)
    4. May challenge - 15 minute walk or something outside :) Even though it was spent walking around Lowe's looking at flowers though .! I was hoping to get back out, but my daughter and I went to the mall, and it is now 10 pm. But ..... I did spend at least 15 minutes walking outside (plus I had already gone to the gym in the morning, so think I am ok)
    5. June challenge - mindful eating - especially in the evening. Find alternative snacks and distractions to do :) It does not help when hubby brings potato chips in while we are watching the news!! But I remembered that I had grapes frozen in the freezer! So while he ate the chips ..... I was perfectly happy eating my frozen grapes!~
    6. get back on here - be accountable :)

JFT, Friday
    1. dinner with a friend ... so make healthy choices
    2. log all food
    3. april challenge -- 8 glasses of water
    4. may challenge --- spent 15 minutes outside walking
    5. june challenge -- mindful eating, and then report what I did on here
    6. get back on here . be accountable

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/ I did this most of the day but then gave up at dinner
    - Stick to food plan :/ the BF and I shared a bottle of wine rather than having gin, and also put cheese in with the potatoes....
    - 3 bottles water :/ managed two
    - French podcast + article + book :| 1.5/3
    - Stop working by 6 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacking
    - Be in the green
    - 3 bottles water

Happy Friday everyone!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My daughter was telling me about this chart last night, so I thought I would share.
    g40vhll452jj.jpg

LOL, well, that would explain my cookie incident yesterday.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    No goals for Thursday
    4 yo fell out of bunk bed hit her head on the wall and she’s got a little cut on her head!
    Blood pouring down her face is not something you want to see at 3.30am.
    Trip to A&E and a little glue to keep it together (although she wasn’t sure she needed it, more a just in case)

I am tired!

OMG. Is she alright now? And no wonder you're tired!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :/
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 8 orders from my shop :)
    7. More laundry :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Have a relaxing weekend camping with my family!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So I’ve missed about 30 pages of posts on here... it’s amazing how quickly this conversation grows! I’ve been taking the time and trying to read through, but it feels silly to try to reply to conversations which have long since ended. I need to get more proactive and read every morning the way I used to! I’m finding it hard to get into a rhythm this time round. I don’t know why.

I hope you all are well!

I’ve been working hard for 4 weeks (yesterday was the start of my 5th). I’ve been wanting to see Onederland sooooo badly. I had promised myself I’d never see the 200’s again but then I went back up there in the New Year and now I’m having a real tough time losing. I’m eating salad and salad and more salad (with protein of course) and I’m working out, but as of yesterday the progress still felt too slow to me for the amount of effort and struggle I’ve been putting in. I really thought that I’d be able to lose those extra 10 lbs (that I already lost last fall) within a couple of weeks because i put it back on sooo quickly they to me it « wasn’t real fat » but apparently it was. Lol. And my expectations where way too high.

I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but I have a very large amount of weight to lose and I’m not that muscular yet! So I was really upset that I still saw 200 yesterday. I therefore decided to weigh again today (breaking a personal rule), because I truly felt that I’d lost more than was showing and yesterday was very hot in my apartment when I weighed. Today was cooler and so I felt less bloated.

I’m happy to report that... I’m FINALLY back in Onederland!!!

197.8!!! Yay!

I’ve also lost in my measurements a total of 10 inches!

Things are looking up!!!
    Have a happy day!
    3y46s47ubcgx.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT, Friday 6/8
    April's challenge: drink 8 cups of water
    May's challenge: be outside
    June's challenge: Mindful eating, no eating after 830
    log all food
    Exercise
    Boundaries Study

Peace and joy.
    wemajgtes5dz.png

I love that quote! I need to print that one out too!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So I’ve missed about 30 pages of posts on here... it’s amazing how quickly this conversation grows! I’ve been taking the time and trying to read through, but it feels silly to try to reply to conversations which have long since ended. I need to get more proactive and read every morning the way I used to! I’m finding it hard to get into a rhythm this time round. I don’t know why.

I hope you all are well!

I’ve been working hard for 4 weeks (yesterday was the start of my 5th). I’ve been wanting to see Onederland sooooo badly. I had promised myself I’d never see the 200’s again but then I went back up there in the New Year and now I’m having a real tough time losing. I’m eating salad and salad and more salad (with protein of course) and I’m working out, but as of yesterday the progress still felt too slow to me for the amount of effort and struggle I’ve been putting in. I really thought that I’d be able to lose those extra 10 lbs (that I already lost last fall) within a couple of weeks because i put it back on sooo quickly they to me it « wasn’t real fat » but apparently it was. Lol. And my expectations where way too high.

I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but I have a very large amount of weight to lose and I’m not that muscular yet! So I was really upset that I still saw 200 yesterday. I therefore decided to weigh again today (breaking a personal rule), because I truly felt that I’d lost more than was showing and yesterday was very hot in my apartment when I weighed. Today was cooler and so I felt less bloated.

I’m happy to report that... I’m FINALLY back in Onederland!!!

197.8!!! Yay!

I’ve also lost in my measurements a total of 10 inches!

Things are looking up!!!
    Have a happy day!

I have found it frustrating and slow this time around for my loss as well. I felt like it was just not happening. I have started weighing daily and overall I see the differences in what I eat. I don't know how long I'll continue daily weighing but it's giving me insight right now to see what I need to. Welcome to Onederland!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I’m really happy about it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday June 7
    Stay in Green - :( Over by 26
    2L of Water - :( 1.5, I missed one somewhere
    Outside 15 Minutes - :| I think in total I was outside 15 minutes, but not exercising
    June Challenge - :):):) - This one is huge for me! I did it! I didn't have enough calories to have a snack before I went to bed. Hubby went to bed at 9 as usual and I didn't go to the fridge! I watched one show, I struggled through it I really wanted my snack, I tried to justify it, I tried to do calorie math to make it fit, I really wanted it, BUT I DIDN"T have it! I stopped myself! I am also very rested today as I went to bed earlier than normal to avoid the temptation any longer.
    Do 10 Something's at Work - :( No, and there is really no reason why.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Plank Challenge - :) 31.25
    Swim or Walk tonight - Went swimming. Only stayed 1/2 an hour. I am so frustrated and discouraged by my breathing, or lack thereof. I know it is all mind over matter, I can do it! I just don't know how to consistently get myself to.

JFT - Friday June 8
    Stay in Green
    2L of Water
    Outside 15 Minutes
    June Challenge
    Do 10 Something's at Work
    Plank Challenge
    Stretch Challenge
    Walk tonight

I have been feeling homesick for the last couple of months. Since March, I have had a favourite and last Aunt pass away, my Mom told a nurse my brother was "a close friend of the family", and my brother tore down our childhood home. I am going to try to get home at the end of September, but it's so expensive I don't know if I'll be successful or not. Yesterday, I was added to a group message on Facebook, lead by my eldest cousin. My Dad's family is quite large, at the time of my Grandmother's passing in 96 there were over 90'some Grandchildren, Great Grand, Great Great Grandchildren. The group message on fb stated that one of the cousins has rented a hall on July 14th for a potluck family reunion. This is awesome, there hasn't been one since I hosted one in '97, I just find it very short notice. If I had known a couple months ago, maybe I would have done something differently so that I could have been home for it. It certainly doesn't help the homesick part to know this will be happening and I can't be there. I'm not the only one, we are spread all throughout the country, but it would have been nice to have notice so that we could plan accordingly.

I am alone at the office today and for the next 8 business days. This is going to make for some very long days with no one to talk to. However, it should be good for getting my 10 Something's in as there is absolutely no one to see me! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Recap R 6/7
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.59 mi 1:02:17 pace 17:20 = happy dog B) & happy me B) ~ once I got moving but it was hard getting up this morning :#
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,891 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 47 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / finish leftover whitefish + ?? for supper / net calories green / NO evening snacking / monitor usual = Yay! Net calories -10, sugar -11 (rhubarb crisp, fruits & veggies, popeye bread, Siggi's yogurt), sodium -119, protein good, fiber excellent & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: brew tea for iced tea jug :smiley: / boil eggs :smiley: / put clean laundry away :smiley: / 1 - 2 to-do's = made hummingbird syrup & refilled feeder :smiley:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 ~ SERIOUSLY :smiley: / floss : / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV OFF 10:15 ~ SERIOUSLY :D

JFT F 6/8 ~ weird day at work so far ~ apparently a co-worker was terminated overnight & those of us not "in the loop" found out by email to multiple depts. this morning, requesting system access be removed for this person, and please be patient as our dept. adjusts to new workload :# ~ have I mentioned before the lack of mgmt communication skills in my workplace? :D
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.50 mi 59:16 pace 16:56 / happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks are prelogged / tonight is pre-10K spaghetti supper ~ log best I can after / at least 14c water
    4) Evening: Astor Park for pre-race supper & vendor expo / prep clothes & bib & keys for race / verify shuttle bus times / prep shoes & cash for farmers market after race / charge Fitbit
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:00 ~ tomorrow is race day ~ so excited, I love this event ~ this will be my 22nd time participating, first time was 1992 ~ my goal is < 1:30
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    wemajgtes5dz.png

I love that quote! I need to print that one out too![/quote]

Your fridge and walls will be covered in no time between artwork from grands and printouts from here! :p
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Scrappy bags, p/u Sue :):)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Studio time, maybe :/
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)

Thursday.. . wasn't feeling fantastic after the staff meeting sodium bomb food. I thought I posted and, after checking, found I had but without adding my JFTs. :( so on with today.

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Post office
    4. Studio time
    5. Pool
    6. Subway for dinner
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30

Have a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    wemajgtes5dz.png

I love that quote! I need to print that one out too!

Your fridge and walls will be covered in no time between artwork from grands and printouts from here! :p [/quote]

I need one of those frames with clips in them, so I can change them out. Maybe that will be a craft project this weekend.