JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    That’s such a great graphic - definitely see the “urgent” vs “patient” definition as a good one. The difficult thing is catching yourself in that moment of urgency when it can be all-consuming! Well done for stopping yourself with the French toast/ice-cream. That’s a great win!

I had a good Monday. Sad to admit it but I’m actually much better in the work routine. Not just because I am more active but because I’m occupied. Lots to think about with the long summer school break not that far away....

Goals for Monday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Phonics interventions x2 :/ staff absence meant we could only do 1
    - Steps to 12k ✅
    - April challenge :/ too.much.coffee!!!!
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ resisted the frustration eating again which is a major trigger for me :)
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Tuesday:
    - morning workout
    - online grocery shop
    - message M Re the twins
    - steps to 12k
    - hot yoga after work
    - early night

I find it is easier through the work week as well. I find it more structured.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: Managed three
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise class after work :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :smile:
    - Leave work by 7pm :smile:

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge
    4th June - :| Found myself feeling rather down when I left work, for various reasons. Had the urge to drink when I got home, when I hadn't planned to. Distracted myself with a rubbish TV show and nice music when I got home. This meant I did not give in and have the gin! However, I only managed to get my mood back to neutral and then ended up feeling quite sad at bedtime and argued with the boyfriend. Perhaps I need to try some positive thinking/gratitude journalling next time.

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- 30-45 minute lunch break
    - French podcast + article + book
    - Stop working by 6.45

I read positive and gratitude quotes on Pinterest anytime I start feeling discouraged or upset and it truly seems to help.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa - Thank you for your words of encouragement! :) And good advice on the bag - I was about to settle for the bag I have handy, instead of the bag that is more ergonomic. I'll add that to my list; find rolly carry on! I so love reading your posts - way to go for living and expressing your truths!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 4
    Stay in Green - :)
    2L of Water - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    June Challenge - :|
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do 10 Somethings at work - Need to get back to this - :(

JFT - Tuesday June 5
    Stay in Green
    2L of Water
    Outside 15 Minutes
    June Challenge
    Write in Journal
    Do 10 Something's at work
    Start Plank Challenge Again

What a crazy day yesterday! After being so hungry when I left the bank I ate terribly. I immediately felt bad about this and wrote a post. I am very happy to report that I turned it around! I went home from work, wasn't hungry because my belly was a little upset after having such an unhealthy lunch so I made sandwiches for my husband and then went for a walk. I walked at my fastest pace yet 5km with an average pace of 10:33. I felt like I could have walked longer but the black clouds were rolling in so I went home. I still wasn't feeling hungry so I took a bath. After my bath I was feeling a bit hungry so had a bowl of strawberries. A little later I was still hungry and had one slice of toast with cheez whiz! I didn't mindlessly eat last night even though I thought about it.

One of my husband's cousin's shared the 28 Day Plank Challenge on her FB last night. I mentioned that I had started it, but quit half way through last month when my feet were hurting so bad. Her Aunt piped up and said we should do it starting tomorrow - today. Her daughter is also joining in. So I am going to start this challenge today with 3 ladies across Canada!

I think I have mentioned that I work for a company that is very small and has very little business. When I was hired and in every meeting I had I told them that I was not a salesperson. I didn't know how to grow a business, but I could certainly manage one. Yesterday, my VP sent and email asking what I can do about growing the business here. After several deep breaths and sighs I was able to word an email that reminded him that I don't know how to do sales or how to grow a business. He wrote back and is offering me some help from the Calgary office. The guy that will be helping me called and introduced himself to me and we talked for about 1/2 an hour.

Here's my problem: I don't like sales, because I don't like salespeople. I hate the pushiness, the plumping up and over-exaggerating of how great a product is. I hate to bother people,
    "you don't want that service I'm so sorry sir for bothering you, should I scrub your floor for you to make it up to you. What about a nice meal on me"? I truly feel I need to apologize for entering their space and make it up to them. So the new guy tells me how to go about doing sales. We are a security company, we provide security guards to different locations for access control, theft prevention, trespassers, etc. The quickest, easiest and most lucrative sites are construction sites, so my new task is to go to construction sites with Timbits and introduce myself to the foreman, offer to put up free signs leave a business card and get a business card. THEN, I am to follow it up with an email. A format he sent to me, that sounds like a 70's used car salesmen pitch. This is so incredibly far out of my comfort zone! I am sick at the thoughts of doing this, but I will put on my big girl panties with a hard hat, safety vest and safety boots and go do this! I know I will be so incredibly proud if I get some business!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    o71dhp1kr04j.jpg

This is a good one. Did you print out a copy and put on the fridge??!! I especially like the "emotional hunger is found above the neck." This is so true :) Thanks for putting it on here.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Clean the house
    6. Finish 4 orders from my shop
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Struggling a bit today
    Don’t know what it is but I’m struggling with the will power to not eat junk! I think it’s because we’re running low of food.
    The product testing thing threw me off. I tested one (three) obviously as that’s what I have them for and they are to DIE for omg!
    They would be on my death row last meal put it that way haha
    Hence how it went from one to three!! I also don’t know how much to log them at? I’m thinking 80cals per biscuit will suffice? Not OTT but pretty realistic I think?
    But that’s it, there’s still about 5 left. I’ll let my partner have those!

Anyway I dunno. I feel a bit weird today lol!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Hello Everyone - I'd like to join u in posting my daily goals and how I did with them. I think it will be helpful.

JFT-Tuesday
    Eat at 1200 calories - give or take 100
    Be mindful of sodium intake
    Drink at least 6 cups of water
    Do at least 30 min of cardio
    Do 2 minutes of planks
    Do 10 minutes of home gym - trying to create a habit of doing strength training
    Meet step goal which is currently at 10k

A big welcome! This is a great, safe, be real place. Just be sure you get the most out of it by returning each day :)

Peace and joy.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind welcome :smile:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, another good day here. I think this June challenge may be becoming a real favourite for me. I’ve by no means been perfect over the last week, but at the end of each day I’m thinking over the choices I’ve made and noticing the reasons for the good and the bad - v helpful.

Goals for Tuesday:
    - morning workout ✅
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - message M Re the twins ✅
    - email F Mum ✅
    - April challenge ✅ finally!
    - may challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ I came home ravenous from hot yoga but made good choices. My parents had been to see the girls and left behind some home-made cake. I really really wanted it, but I took a small bite and left the rest because I was full. Often when I’ve left it too long I eat so fast I actually miss the fullness cues, and tonight I easily could have. But I knew from logging that I “should” be full, so I stopped. And it turned out I was!
    - steps to 12k ✅ 15k
    - hot yoga after work ✅
    - early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Health food store after work
    - Steps to 12k
    - batch cook?
    - Early night

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Night all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Struggling a bit today
    Don’t know what it is but I’m struggling with the will power to not eat junk! I think it’s because we’re running low of food.
    The product testing thing threw me off. I tested one (three) obviously as that’s what I have them for and they are to DIE for omg!
    They would be on my death row last meal put it that way haha
    Hence how it went from one to three!! I also don’t know how much to log them at? I’m thinking 80cals per biscuit will suffice? Not OTT but pretty realistic I think?
    But that’s it, there’s still about 5 left. I’ll let my partner have those!

Anyway I dunno. I feel a bit weird today lol!

That seems to be one of my downfalls, when I am low on food. I only have the junk left in the house. Pretty soon though and that will be gone too because I'm not replacing it. I keep snacks for the kids and Rodger, but I buy what I don't like for them and then I can refuse it easily!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all, another good day here. I think this June challenge may be becoming a real favourite for me. I’ve by no means been perfect over the last week, but at the end of each day I’m thinking over the choices I’ve made and noticing the reasons for the good and the bad - v helpful.

Goals for Tuesday:
    - morning workout ✅
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - message M Re the twins ✅
    - email F Mum ✅
    - April challenge ✅ finally!
    - may challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ I came home ravenous from hot yoga but made good choices. My parents had been to see the girls and left behind some home-made cake. I really really wanted it, but I took a small bite and left the rest because I was full. Often when I’ve left it too long I eat so fast I actually miss the fullness cues, and tonight I easily could have. But I knew from logging that I “should” be full, so I stopped. And it turned out I was!
    - steps to 12k ✅ 15k
    - hot yoga after work ✅
    - early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Health food store after work
    - Steps to 12k
    - batch cook?
    - Early night

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Night all x

I feel the same way about this month's challenge! It has really made me aware of what I'm eating and when. Great about the cake. I like cake. A Lot. Thanks for sharing your victory. It is very encouraging and strengthens my resolve.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    I am not even going to update my just for yesterday because it is too depressing. Also I am apparently sick with some kind of awful stomach thing.

Just For Today:

I will drink a lot of water and eat as much soup as I can manage.

@nickssweetheart, hope you feel better soon! :)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Way to go all, beating back those emotional impulses! Proud of you guys.
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :|
    2. Meditation :/
    3. Work - loooong day unfortunately :o
    4. Staff meeting :o tired
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Scrappy bags, p/u Sue
    4. Laundry
    5. Studio time, maybe
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFt, Tues
    1. log all food :):s
    2. drink water - 4 glasses with each meal, and 2 glasses in the evening :/
    3. April Challenge - 8 cups of water :/
    4. May challenge - 15 minute walk outside to clear my mind :) After going to the gym this morning, dug out my bike and rode my bike for 45 minutes.
    5. June Challenge --- Mindful eating. :/:/:/ Complete disaster here. I was so tired and hungry after my bike ride, and ate ONE ice cream bar. But all day I have been working on business bookkeeping, and every year I struggle figuring out the adjusted journal entries the accountant made so I can start with a fresh balance sheet. So tonite, I'm still trying to figure it out -- and this kind of stuff bugs me until I get it right ..... I think I age 4 ice cream bars. Not even thinking .. bam .... the ice cream is in my mouth. Lesson learned -- remember the water. Get out my list, and hang it on my computer. Hang the list of the difference between hunger and emotional eating on my computer to remind me, and make me stop long enough to think.
    6. get back on here - be accountable :)

OK, enough said. Tomorrow is a new day
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge - 8+ glasses of water
    3. may challenge - 15 minutes exercise outside
    4. june challenge - mindful eating
    5. concentrate on water
    6. get back on here - yes - still be accountable, no matter what.